"Call Of Pripyat" NEWS

General Topics -all inclusive- on Call of Pripyat

Re: "Call Of Pripyat" NEWS

Postby 3040Krag on 21 Feb 2010 16:40

audioave10

I did the monitor request. Even on my ghetto rig, it kicked in immediately and played well (almost too well :mozilla_surprised: I died once getting it done). Maybe you could go back a few saves and retry?

Looking for that blasted PDA, I *think* I did every job available. No one I asked had any work - except for the one scientist who wants my oasis artifact. BTW, I must have traversed the maze 40 times before it finally let me into the oasis!
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 21 Feb 2010 16:43

fiznerpin1962 wrote:Greek. All greek. :-??

Don't worry, you'll be speaking Greek like a native before long ;) :-bd
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 21 Feb 2010 18:11

I got the 3 monitors placed...just no recognition yet. I heard that if you go far enough with the main/side quests, you can simply go to Pripyat with the guide.
My game may be slightly glitched because I'm running a beta blowout sound mod. I've had a few quirks because of it but nothing major.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 21 Feb 2010 21:17

Did you supply Garry with the meat chunk and kolobok? If so, he disappears only to reappear in Prypiat. As a guide. But, I think you have to get there the hard way first ;)

I'm up to the shootout at the evacuation point, and getting my ass handed to me. Bazillions of monolith and they're far enough away and in shadows so that I can't find them fast enough. They can sure find me, though!

Oh, the first three. I thought you meant a special monitor placed in the bitumen anomaly. For the monitors, you need to go back to the scientists. Are they not acknowledging you? Be sure and get the mission to place some more.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 22 Feb 2010 00:27

Finished, and well into freeplay mode. I'll likely start over now that I have a bit of the game boundaries and needs in mind.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 22 Feb 2010 03:50

I got the 3 monitors placed fine but the scientist doesn't aknowledge the job done...so no other jobs yet. No matter...got to Pripyat (I'm not real good on the high-
speed shooting part so I got my team killed easily). I did kill off the Monolith to get the Guass gun and found one of the calibration tool sets. I can now run in my
exo and have tier 3 upgrades on my suits & guns. Ready to go to Lab X8 next. Found Streloks Sig weapon & notes to Fang. Fiz...you'll enjoy the references to all
the early NPC's of SHOC and CS.

EDIT: Garry was at Pripyat anyway so I have him as a guide.
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 22 Feb 2010 04:19

day after tomorrow, or maybe tommorrow.... #-o can't wait. :-w
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 22 Feb 2010 04:38

audioave10 wrote:I got the 3 monitors placed fine but the scientist doesn't aknowledge the job done...so no other jobs yet. No matter...got to Pripyat (I'm not real good on the high-
speed shooting part so I got my team killed easily). I did kill off the Monolith to get the Guass gun and found one of the calibration tool sets. I can now run in my
exo and have tier 3 upgrades on my suits & guns. Ready to go to Lab X8 next. Found Streloks Sig weapon & notes to Fang. Fiz...you'll enjoy the references to all
the early NPC's of SHOC and CS.

EDIT: Garry was at Pripyat anyway so I have him as a guide.

I checked a guide, the reward for giving Garry the artifacts was him giving me a bubble once he arrived. He arrives in Prypiat no matter - must have broken his contract with the scientists ;)

I've gotten all the tools to both techs, but the Creek tech cuts me no slack on prices. Still, it's worth it. But DON'T give him more than two bottles of vodka! You may be sorry :D Tier 3 on the Chaser makes a formidable weapon against mutants! Took that and a 9x39 sniper to Prypiat.

I'm fine-tooth combing all the levels for artifacts. Once full up, I went back to Creek and cleared over 200k RU after expenses, selling what Beard asked for. Just ask and sell, ask and sell, over and over. He pays very, very well for specified artifacts. I'm now moving all my accumulated goods to Prypiat. Though Guide and Garry cut me a "deal" they don't come cheap!

I bought a special SEVA from nimble, with the right artifacts and 4 slot artifact upgrade I can carry 68 kilos, 78 on overload so decided against the exo. That, and I couldn't find a helmet for sale that fit it. Bought a SEVA helmet from Owl, it's all he ever seems to have in stock. Wouldn't go on. Maybe I should have bought a military helmet in Jupiter?

When I replay, I plan to do whatever it takes to get all four expedition partners to Prypiat, you lose out on some few side missions if the character isn't there.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 22 Feb 2010 06:37

I gave the creek tech (Cardan) one of his dead buddies PDA's. Since then he gives me a discount.
The Seva suit & the Exo have the helmets built in (closed air system) even though the inventory doesn't show it. You can use those for the Clear Sky, Bulat and some of the other suits however.
I had already found a "Bubble" artifact. I got the special "Svarog" detector and it makes finding artifacts less dangerous. Seems how you play the game is never the same as others have quests that never come up for me and visa-versa. Very cool...as replays will be almost always different.
:thumbright:
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 23 Feb 2010 02:00

I GOT GAME!!!.....bye-bye, gotta play. :-bd
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 23 Feb 2010 06:14

Great news...Fiz. Ask questions here but if we are not fast enough, GSC Forum has the answers.
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 23 Feb 2010 14:04

Yes! Good news indeed! Time for fiz to learn Greek ;) :)

I saved my endgame, from Pripyat, and am now starting a new game.

Noah shot me dead, through a wall, when I went there for a blowout. That guy is deadly =))
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 23 Feb 2010 15:37

Yes, I've heard a bit about Noah... haven't tried to go visit him yet. think I'll wait about a week (game days) :-ss - or a month.
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 23 Feb 2010 16:25

Noah is a great guy :D

He always opens the door for me :mozilla_smile:
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 23 Feb 2010 23:40

TOOLS! where the $%@# are the rest of the tools? ](*,) I don't think Cordon is a viable option..... :-??
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 24 Feb 2010 06:11

Look for hungry Mercenaries and sawn wood ;) And don't forget the wodka :(
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 24 Feb 2010 06:52

3040Krag wrote:Look for hungry Mercenaries and sawn wood ;) And don't forget the wodka :(

=)) got the first two..... stumped on the tools of calibration. 3 or 4 reloads & I still have objective marker by cranes where I'm supposed to meet up w/ Grouse, fof says 1 live human is in area - but no Grouse. Maybe 'cause I already found/looted who we were looking for?..... :-??
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 24 Feb 2010 07:17

The Pripyat map has the 2 calibration tool sets. Quests for COP will drive you crazy but they eventually almost always work out. I've never done so much "What?" in a game but my rusty grinding gears eventually figured it out. :p
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 24 Feb 2010 14:10

Caught and fixed a glitch last night.

When I first went to the dredge on the artifact/Tuna mission, Tuna and the two stalkers went "on alert" when I came out and never bothered me about the artifact. I walked by and sold it to Beard.

Coming back much, much later, suddenly Tuna wants the artifact. If I "give" it to him (killing him shows NO artifact), he and Beard go through the motions of selling an invisible artifact, but the mission doesn't complete and they both stand there, forever, and I can't talk with Beard ever again.

If I don't give it to Tuna, the way the game's setup I'm caught in the middle and the crossfire kills me immediately.

I had to hang out in a strategic position for almost 30 minutes before finally triggering the cutscene. Even tho I was *almost* in a safe place, I had to reload about 5 times before getting behind cover without dying. Whew!
3040Krag
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat