"Call Of Pripyat" NEWS

General Topics -all inclusive- on Call of Pripyat

Re: "Call Of Pripyat" NEWS

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 26 Feb 2010 02:22

dude. You need to upgrade your sunrise suit.... I took 5 or 6 serious hits when I went toe to toe with that damn chimera.... 'course I always kept a finger around my quickkeys for medkits & bandages. Gotta react fast & think on the move. :ymbringiton:

-about grouse: figured it out. the secret is in the buiding where you find his buddy @ the cranes.... right in front of me the whole time as I was walking in circles under the cranes.

- has anybody figured out what to do with that BLABBERMOUTH Flint??? ](*,)

-check this out. too bad I didn't get to do him myself:

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... _zaton.jpg
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 26 Feb 2010 06:11

Tuna is still on the ship in Zaton. If I talk to him, (I gave him the artifact) he bad-mouths me. I'm waiting for the bastard to leave the ship.
I will take him down. :ymbringiton:
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 26 Feb 2010 06:25

Keep at "Flint" - he's an AKA elsewhere. You WILL get that loudmouth!

BTW, the chimera ended up killing himself. I peppered him from the tanktops, and he went to the minefield in the chopper LZ. Two mine hits weakened him, then when I went in for the kill he tripped a third and bought it.

I DO need a better suit tho, the scientist won't give me any missions while I wear the sunrise suit. "I'm sorry but, you do not have enough protection against intermittent psy-emissions" blah blah blah.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 26 Feb 2010 06:25

audioave10 wrote:Tuna is still on the ship in Zaton. If I talk to him, (I gave him the artifact) he bad-mouths me. I'm waiting for the bastard to leave the ship.
Make him shoot first - else all stalkers will be your enemy. Been there, done that.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 26 Feb 2010 07:18

3040Krag wrote:
audioave10 wrote:Tuna is still on the ship in Zaton. If I talk to him, (I gave him the artifact) he bad-mouths me. I'm waiting for the bastard to leave the ship.
Make him shoot first - else all stalkers will be your enemy. Been there, done that.

'nade in his general direction (outside of course) might be the answer there... =)) about the chimera.
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 26 Feb 2010 16:10

He left the ship and I followed him. A large pack of dogs took him out quickly. I partied in the streets. \:d/
(Tuna)
I don't think I've dealt with "Flint" yet.
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 28 Feb 2010 05:41

How to go from 4000 RU to 172,000 RU in less than 2 hours (real time):

Find or buy 3 Veles. Make the Owl agreement to take them to the Scientist tech in Jupiter. Collect the perfected detector. Make an anomaly round-robin in Creek and collect all the artifacts you can find. Sell the specials to Beard, then sell the rest to Beard or Owl.

Enjoy being rich and receiving an achievement award for becoming independently wealthy.

Oh! Once you visit Noah for the Compass, fart around for a little while, kill some Fleshes or dogs, then go back to Noah and ask again. TWO compass'. DON'T ask a third time =))
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 28 Feb 2010 16:29

Noah scared the hell outa me and I killed him and took the Compass artifacts. :D
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 28 Feb 2010 16:55

Well, finished game - it didn't go into freeplay, I didn't find out anything about Flint, I never did get the lost Monolith shelter.

All in all, it was kind of like CS. I give it an average (5 out of 10). Replayable? I don't really know yet. :-\

Newsa still rules....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 28 Feb 2010 17:31

On my second play,I haven't yet been to Prypiat. One of the guides I read stated that you had to be neutral to both Duty and Freedom to get a trader in Prypiat.

Well, you *have* to be friendly with one or the other to get Strider on your team, so I resigned myself to no trader. Until last night. On the mission from the scientists where you protect a group of stalkers taking measurements I lost one Dutyer before I could even draw my shotty in Fen. Duty went from friendly to neutral so maybe I'll find a trader in Prypiat? My team's assembled and I have the full complement of fellow expeditioners.

I, too rate CoP the same as CS. Nothing beats SoC or the many mods, especially NEWSA+Simbion.

Freeplay only kicks in if you don't leave the zone. I had a tough time fighting my way back to the laundromat with worn-out firearms, low ammo and tattered armor. But once there, the laundromat was populated with stalkers instead of military. I have a save game to return there when I feel like it.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 01 Mar 2010 00:34

Yeah.... I started a new game, did things a little different, getting different results. (went from my last save & entered freeplay first for about 20 min. - not much to do) Just barely started & I'm after Nimble for an EXO - hope I can use it in the tunnels to Pripyat.... :-ss - got some kick-ass weapons too. Found em, haven't bought anything. ;) This time I actually paid that damn Owl for some info on "what's-his-face"... (having a brain fart right now - the dude that ran from the chimera)
- well, back to it.
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 01 Mar 2010 04:02

Hint - Magpie and Flint have a LOT in common. If you can find either, talk with either of them as often as you see them.

Funny, in the first game I found tons of unique firearms (an FN 2000 in Creek!) early in the game. In the second game, I've had little in the way of money or firearms until well past midpoint. Now, I'm drowning in both them and have everything I own fully upgraded.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 01 Mar 2010 16:50

** SPOILER** OK - now seriously pissed off! :mozilla_yell: can't do a F@&KING thing with Flint... Checked out a game guide finally. I am supposed to talk to him (I have done so twice out of 3?) - then I am supposed to go to the Jupiter plant and "find the dying Splinter". I HAVE SEARCHED EVERY DAMN INCH OF THAT @$#@%#% PLANT, AND NO SPLINTER. This is seriously stressing me out. I know who the hell Flint is, but the stupid game won't let me do anything. - I f@&%ing give up. ](*,)
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 01 Mar 2010 18:09

fiznerpin1962 wrote:Well, finished game - it didn't go into freeplay, I didn't find out anything about Flint, I never did get the lost Monolith shelter.

All in all, it was kind of like CS. I give it an average (5 out of 10). Replayable? I don't really know yet. :-\

Newsa still rules....

3040Krag wrote:......................
I, too rate CoP the same as CS. Nothing beats SoC or the many mods, especially NEWSA+Simbion.

Freeplay only kicks in if you don't leave the zone. I had a tough time fighting my way back to the laundromat with worn-out firearms, low ammo and tattered armor. But once there, the laundromat was populated with stalkers instead of military. I have a save game to return there when I feel like it.

Well, guys, I need to take a small space here and take the liberty of thanking you all for this rate of thumbs-up for NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak on behalf of all modders who created and developed the ingredient mods of AMK, ABC, SRP, Zenobian and other mini mods as credited and of the creators of original Russian SIMBION and of those who introduced it to the West and paid a lot of work in it (Rock is one of them), and of those who have greatly helped the development of NEWSA project and also helped in this process with their creative and constructive ideas and views and supported it on the forums. :mozilla_smile:

-------------
Well, I shouldn't distract fiznerpin1962's search and questions too much with this. I wish I have already played it have the answer for this situation. But, when the answer is found, it will certainly help me when I've started play it. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 02 Mar 2010 01:58

No worries... boy I sure was "steamed" this morning though. Don't really give two hoots about Flint anymore. ( besides, this is your website NW)
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 02 Mar 2010 03:27

fiznerpin

You don't go to Jupiter plant, "Jupiter" is what the level in which the plant is located is called.

Did you ever find the stash and note from Strelok to Ghost? If so, the Flint mission-ender is nearby. Did you see anything that resembled a ferris wheel in Jupiter (the level, not the plant)? ;) PM me if you want more!
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 02 Mar 2010 04:07

Nope. Out of a marked stash? A note?
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 02 Mar 2010 05:56

I'll get back to you tomorrow. A bit "pissed" (British sense) and don't want to bring up the map to describe where you need to go.

Here's a bug: In Prypiat. The Colonel wants me to troubleshoot the comms, and find a recon team (the private communication scene). When done "talking to me and the mission is set, I approach the Colonel and "talk" about the Mercenary situation Garry mentions. When I accept the mission to deal with the Mercenaries, the game deadlocks. I'm supposed to main-mission the communications, AND I'm supposed to main-mission the Mercenaries. All I can do is look at the Colonel, who nods and stands there. For hours. I can't move, can't talk, can't do anything. Even Escape doesn't work. I have to Ctl-Alt-Del and use the task manager to kill CoP.

DON'T try to do two main missions at the same time. My guess is that LUA goes insane.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 02 Mar 2010 07:11

I've yet to finish but I haven't really had any problems (serious ones) with quests yet. I'll give GSC "kudos" for trying harder than others when it comes to story
quests and side-quests. It seems you do have to tread lightly with these so you don't freak-out the game. I can't imagine how hard even beta testing must be with all the possible scenarios with quest order and possibe mix-ups. I try not to take on too much at once.
audioave10
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat