"Call Of Pripyat" NEWS

General Topics -all inclusive- on Call of Pripyat

Re: "Call Of Pripyat" NEWS

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 24 Feb 2010 15:22

Something told me to make a save right as I got on the barge - so I played out every possible scenario - and the end result was the same every time ( other than the one where I am perforated 'till I'm dead). There is quite a "hiccup" when tuna talks to beard in my game as well...... patch anyone? :-k -and what about Grouse? My game has him in the twilight zone, pointless to find out how to open the box on that damn truck. #-o
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 24 Feb 2010 16:36

Did you look underground for Grouse? In Zaton, I found him underground.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 24 Feb 2010 17:18

#-o FIZ <<<< L-)
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 24 Feb 2010 23:43

I haven't heard of any patch. What kind of hiccup with Beard?

I simply killed the three stalkers, Tuna and friends. Both the first time through (where it went like normal) and the second time (where they ignored me once I got the artifact and wanted it bad later). Once they began the shooting, the second time was easier as I was able to dash up the stairs and come around to use the pilot's helm as cover. It was actually kind of funny - before Tuna and gang started a firefight, three other stalkers came aboard and made camp. Bullets whizzing all around them as we shot it out, it might as well have been a Sunday picnic for the three latecomer stalkers. They simply did not care i-) :))
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 25 Feb 2010 00:48

Nothing major. Tuna will walk up to Beard's counter, then they will stand there like dummies for ages. All of a sudden poof he has the artifact in his hands, they do their little dialog, more waiting - Tuna moonwalks back 5 feet & then I can get the prompt to talk to him.
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 25 Feb 2010 01:18

Haha, sounds like my glitched version where I give Tuna the (now nonexistent because *I* gave it to Beard a couple of days ago) artifact and he runs over to Beard. Tuna offers the artifact, Beard exclaims how it's unlike anything he's ever seen, then they just stand there. Maybe I didn't wait long enough, but I went and had a cup of coffee and 30 real world minutes later they're still standing there. You gotta love the scripting engine.

Re-load the barge, wait forever for the cutscene, then kill all three of the bums. Game's back to normal.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 25 Feb 2010 04:08

I didn't do a quest relating to "Tuna". I turned over Sultan's plans to Beard and eventually got the "One of Ours" achievement. I always "screw" the Bandits and
save the Stalkers. :ymdevil:
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 25 Feb 2010 05:40

Trying to work Hunter's kill the chimera tonight - I need better armor. One swipe from that bad boy on full health and I'm toast. Wearing upgraded (less calibration tools) and 100% condition starter armor.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 25 Feb 2010 06:30

Dude. Ever hunt deer? Get your ass over there before 20:00 or so, climb yourself up on the mezzanine by the two tanks, when ol' chimera shows up - unload on him with everything you got from an elevated position.

note: this is usually a one shot - one kill scenario, but your gonna have to really wail on this guy! I had him run around the side of the round building with the caved in side, so I had to climb down and go toe to toe with my shottie. he got some good licks in, but :ymbringiton: down he went!
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 25 Feb 2010 06:56

Fiz...I may have got mixed-up about Grouse...don't know for sure. That Chimera was tough as I had to climb down and tempt him - then climb up the ladder and
get in a few shots to weaken him. Only then did I go toe-to-toe with him.
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 25 Feb 2010 09:22

The Russian version is Flawless on all the above mentioned aswell as everthing else, Stick to the Russian release, and just use a translation pack and the english voices and such from the english release. Simple as. XD
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 25 Feb 2010 13:47

fiznerpin, got there at 1900 or so, he was already roaming and got me from behind on the way to the ladder. Not to worry, he'll be gone soon enough.

(Edit) removed a probable spoiler.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 25 Feb 2010 15:14

3040Krag wrote:fiznerpin, got there at 1900 or so, he was already roaming and got me from behind on the way to the ladder. Not to worry, he'll be gone soon enough.

(Edit) removed a probable spoiler.

Damn. - that's early!!! :-o (only 7pm - that ain't nocturnal!)

I'm also afraid this thread has turned into a spoilerfest already, from the "news" about the game it was intended. Oh well, Nightwatch will probably kick all our asses collectively.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 25 Feb 2010 15:36

Heh he he :D Very nice news from inside the game, from the actual play-through. :thumbright:
I haven't played the game yet, well, after the initial previews on the game I was not that excited to rush to play it, but it seems hard-line players started to like the game here, so I may get it earlier than I had anticipated.
I think at least it doesn't crash as much as SoC or Clear Sky, I think. Am correct to assume this?
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby audioave10 on 25 Feb 2010 15:42

No crashes for me in vanilla...I caused one myself from using a blowout mod beta from Imperialreign. But after that the mod still works. The guys are talking about
"TUNA", the first guy you meet (that you don't like) on the first simple quest. I had forgotten who Tuna was... :-?
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 25 Feb 2010 15:45

Hmm, I like a Tuna sandwich, and it's lunchtime here :p Anyway, :mozilla_smile: so, it's good news on the stability side, good to hear.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 25 Feb 2010 18:53

ZERO crashes, ZERO freeze-ups. =D>
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 26 Feb 2010 00:59

Two crashes, hard, to desktop in the first couple of minutes into my first game, then none. No crashes in my second play, none at all.

TBH, I arrived at the chimera place at around 1920 or so, then goofed around with the anomaly detector trying to see if anything might pop up. I lost track of time, meaning I don't know exactly what time it was when I went back to climb up onto the platform. It was twilight, not dark and not light. But I heard his growl, started to run to the ladder, then "swipe" and I was dead.

I don't think we've given away much, the Tuna job is pretty much scripted and hard to avoid. I guess the element of surprise has been spoiled though.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 26 Feb 2010 02:17

Not to say there are no glitches. During a blowout at the scientist's bunker:
ss_steve_02-24-10_19-42-53_(jupiter).jpg

Love the Slavic sense of humor (same bunker, same blowout). I wonder if his air filtration system is working well =))
ss_steve_02-24-10_19-48-35_(jupiter).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat