"Call Of Pripyat" NEWS

General Topics -all inclusive- on Call of Pripyat

Re: "Call Of Pripyat" NEWS

Postby audioave10 on 12 Feb 2010 02:55

I've been enjoying this game vanilla...just added Atmosphere Mod 1.2 (with some LTX tweaks he added). It may be a little tricky to set up with all the options
available for the video settings. It looks very good to me but its toned down a little for the larger maps.
=D>
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 13 Feb 2010 07:11

A nice screenshot just for you........

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/ ... -00_ju.jpg
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 17 Feb 2010 14:59

F@*k the trolls..... just ordered it on Amazon today. - 34.00, if it's a bomb I won't lose any sleep over it. (besides, that's only an hours work for me on a good week :-" )
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 17 Feb 2010 15:04

nice screenshot btw Audioave - I noticed the F1 through F4 quickkeys in your screenie and the official page. For all the posturing and bitching about CoP.... haven't seen a mod yet with that feature. :ymbringiton:
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 18 Feb 2010 05:39

Its closer to SHOC than CS in gameplay. Does have the upgradable weapons & armours. Maps are larger and nicely done. Most complaints are from the console
crowd who want to put the disk in and set everything to max and play it on mom's PC. GSC has been a great source of help once again. True Stalker players like
it alot. The slightly improved (but dated) Xray engine is rendering large maps so you can still get some stuttering when entering an area with alot of NPC's. The
textures in some ways are not improved from SHOC, but the maps are well thought out and side-quests are much better. My video card has 896MB's of RAM and
I would consider this a minimum. I also have 4GB's of system RAM (also imortant). I put it on my XP SP3 PC running DX9 and it does run smooth and look good.
It's tougher I think (I'm on Veteran difficulty), since mutants can kick your ass early on without good armour. Lots to do and see. A special game for me... =D>
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 18 Feb 2010 13:36

Good 'nuff! :-bd
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 18 Feb 2010 16:12

Im playing this with SMARTER mod or however its called and some atmos mod with it. I also edited the relations to look more like SOC. If only I could remove that peace thing from the safe places and make the traders Invul I could have some great action there.

Playing on Master it is really intense. Its not safe to go out alone unprepared I can say that much. I was walking to do a quest and on the way I heard shooting. I go to check it out and I see a few Bandits getting their butts jumped at by a group of about 8 Snorks I think. And theres even more of them wondering about.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 18 Feb 2010 18:02

I do use "Atmosphere 1.2" and improves the visuals some. "Loot money from Corpses" also and you get just a few RU's so its not unbalanced.
Mutants are really dangerous in this game... :thumbright:
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 19 Feb 2010 00:22

Playing on "medium" settings, but with vision distance cranked up to just past midpoint.

I once again bought the Steam version, probably shouldn't have, but had to force DX8 in user.ltx in order for the game to load. Yes, I'm using the same shite system I described in the NEWSA+Simbion mod thread. Most of the time, gameplay is smooth and non-glitchy. I haven't been to Prypiat, yet, which brings me to a small grumble.

As I found out, only through looking at a walkthrough, the only way to gain the Monolith soldier as one of the Prypiat expedition members is to sell the PDA's to the right person. The grumble? I played about 6 hours after selling the PDA's to the wrong person before I "found" the Monolith. Nowhere in the game was there any clue regarding this. In fact, the mission *encouraged" me to sell them to the wrong NPC ("find all the information you can and bring it to Owl" or words to that effect. ALL the information).

Yes, it's not a game-breaker, but I HATE missions that I cannot complete. I'm just compulsive that way.

Oh, well. At least I've turned on the system autosaves and made numerous hard saves on my own. But that takes me back to two real-time days ago for me.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 19 Feb 2010 06:08

OK, the PDA's I had were NOT the ones needed for the Monolith Survivors task. Sorry 'bout that. Though I've found one, in four hours play and nearly no side-missions remaining in the Yanov level I still have found only one of the PDA's necessary (the Duty general's) to gain a Monolith expeditionary member. I've doubled my cash wandering around, searched every body I can loot. I WILL find that PDA!
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 19 Feb 2010 06:40

I've halted my main quest at the point where you talk to Nitro about setting up the team to go to Pripyat. I'm catching up on side quests in both Zaton & Yanov.
You should do quests for the Scientists too. I've had to check in with the GSC forum alot to not make any major mistakes in the quest line. It can be tedious but
I've also found it to be rewarding. I enjoy the slower pace that this game employs.
3040Krag...I hope you can enjoy it too.
Good Luck!
:mozilla_smile:
EDIT: Doing all these little quests can open up better weapons & armour (plus achievements).
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 19 Feb 2010 23:45

Yes, what I've learned is that it's important to do all the side quests - in fact it feels like the main quest is really composed of a few main directions and the many side quests.

Without the game leading you everywhere as it does in SoC, I went into more of a freeplay mode than was likely good for my overall game experience. I had 3 Prypiat expeditioners ready to go about a week ago (game time), so I'm now doing side quests, multiple grand tours to pick up artifacts using the perfected detector, and looting all the bodies I can.

It's fun, but when I hit dry spells where all I can do is wander around looking for a PDA it can get boring. I've only referred to a walkthrough once, but as I had to do in Priboi Story, may need to refer to walkthroughs often to avoid annoyances caused by my simply not "getting it." I have poor memorization skills, so when Stalkers mention names or hint at places, it goes in one ear and out the other.

I suspect there's an almost chess-like aspect to CoP, where you make certain "moves" far in advance of your actual goal so as to setup the game for the win.

I'm having fun most of the time, except for when there's no apparent goal in my small view and I wander almost aimlessly.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 20 Feb 2010 01:01

Dammit. ](*,) - not going to be here 'till 23rd, according to tracking schedule. :mozilla_yell: Well, Fallout 3 (modded to hell & back) some more until it shows. :-w
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 20 Feb 2010 20:39

I still haven't found the second, magical PDA. But, I did get a mission from Hunter to kill the chimera at the ventilation area. When I came back for the reward, both Duty and Freedom commanders had turned green. So, I could finally get Strider on the team to Prypiat. Lost him really soon in the underground to a snork, however. He was on the other side of a railcar from me and wasn't even shooting the lone snork attacking him. Oh, well!

The road to prypiat is awesome, great action. Kind of what I wish the whole game was like!

Oh, and has anyone else kept the heart of the oasis artifact instead of giving it to the scientists? It was simply too good to let go.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 21 Feb 2010 00:17

I still have those last couple of jobs to do for the scientists before finding "oasis". Not much game time lately.... :mozilla_frown:
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 21 Feb 2010 06:48

I started over and saved all but Zulu :mozilla_frown: and am now in Prypiat. Now, there's the action I've been wanting the whole game! Monolith out the kazoo and finally, heavy weapons against me instead of AK and SIG pea-shooters. Su-weet!

Recommend finding the fine toolkit for Nitro before heading out. Makes a big difference in armor and firepower :)
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 21 Feb 2010 06:53

fiznerpin1962 wrote:Dammit. ](*,) - not going to be here 'till 23rd, according to tracking schedule. :mozilla_yell: Well, Fallout 3 (modded to hell & back) some more until it shows. :-w
The cheap bastid in me took the $20 "loyalty discount" from Steam (I have Steam SoC) and said, $10 savings is too good to pass up. I backed up CoP immediately in case patch revs come out so I can play (future) mods locked into patch levels.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 21 Feb 2010 08:07

Its smart to workaround Steam. I don't play online so I don't want it. I want FULL control (control freak). I found the "Oasis" artifact and gave it to the scientists.
I use one of the "Compass" artifacts instead (it only lacks the health regen). Did anyone do the "monitor" quest for the scientists? It doesn't seem to be kicking-in
for me correctly. I'm ready to talk to "Zulu" next.
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 21 Feb 2010 14:26

Greek. All greek. :-??
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat