Welcome to S.T.A.L.K.E.R.mod

Postby DC- on 17 Sep 2008 17:26

Sounds great. :)
Come over here, let's have a little chat...
DC-
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 17 Sep 2008 20:23

Love the new design Nightwatch
EggChen

Postby Nightwatch on 17 Sep 2008 22:26

EggChen wrote:Love the new design Nightwatch

Thanks :D You do know that you can change the styles as to your wishes from your "profiles" page, don't you? If you were to get bored of this style any day. :)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby NatVac on 18 Sep 2008 02:05

Nightwatch wrote:I was going to record/back up your ZRP thread as well right after our thread, in fact it is even more important. It sheds light to many aspects of modding, a kind of reading/teaching material which is very hard to come if one wants to learn something. It would be very nice to add -at least whatever part is allowed- into this forum as well, as an important knowledgebase, maybe as a back up continuation of the thread or at least as a sticky, or in any other format that can possibly be managed. I'm happy that all that work ( I hope all of it) is safe. :)

At least I could save about 110 pages of my modest 130 page thread, which constituted most important parts anyway in respect of problems and the solutions/answers.
As I was mentioning here of the importance of backing up our threads, GCS went down again; still waiting, hope everything survives intact. :)

I've got all of the ZRP thread, as of the time the GSC forum last went down. (I was attempting to post; third or fourth time it has lost it while I was posting in the last couple of months.) As to what we can put here: While copyright is sometimes a delicate matter, I can probably convert it to digest form and get permission from the originators for any lengthy verbatim quotes.

I also have a few bits of interest from other threads. Yes, there was some serious substance there. The Wiki has (or had) some of it, but the specialty stuff is not likely to be repeated elsewhere. Maybe Google's cache will have it -- if you know what you are looking for.

I'd expect the "Modding Techniques (oops, Technics) and Tips" to grow with this stuff, as opposed to a separate mod thread, since we are talking about the general technical and not the mod-specific.

There will likely be some duplication with other sites. In some cases, it would be a good idea to link the other sources as well (e.g., the Wiki) to provide some redundancy on the useful info, but some of this is pretty much one-of-a-kind right now.

P.S. I took the liberty of uploading an updated avatar image (scaled by GIMP 2.4.6 instead of a 13-year-old program) which is truer to the original image. I really like how easy it is to do things like that on this board. :thumbup:
NatVac
Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 18 Sep 2008 17:18

NatVac wrote:
Nightwatch wrote:I was going to record/back up your ZRP thread as well right after our thread, in fact it is even more important. It sheds light to many aspects of modding, a kind of reading/teaching material which is very hard to come if one wants to learn something. It would be very nice to add -at least whatever part is allowed- into this forum as well, as an important knowledgebase, maybe as a back up continuation of the thread or at least as a sticky, or in any other format that can possibly be managed. I'm happy that all that work ( I hope all of it) is safe. :)

At least I could save about 110 pages of my modest 130 page thread, which constituted most important parts anyway in respect of problems and the solutions/answers.
As I was mentioning here of the importance of backing up our threads, GCS went down again; still waiting, hope everything survives intact. :)

I've got all of the ZRP thread, as of the time the GSC forum last went down. (I was attempting to post; third or fourth time it has lost it while I was posting in the last couple of months.) As to what we can put here: While copyright is sometimes a delicate matter, I can probably convert it to digest form and get permission from the originators for any lengthy verbatim quotes.

I also have a few bits of interest from other threads. Yes, there was some serious substance there. The Wiki has (or had) some of it, but the specialty stuff is not likely to be repeated elsewhere. Maybe Google's cache will have it -- if you know what you are looking for.

I'd expect the "Modding Techniques (oops, Technics) and Tips" to grow with this stuff, as opposed to a separate mod thread, since we are talking about the general technical and not the mod-specific.

There will likely be some duplication with other sites. In some cases, it would be a good idea to link the other sources as well (e.g., the Wiki) to provide some redundancy on the useful info, but some of this is pretty much one-of-a-kind right now.

P.S. I took the liberty of uploading an updated avatar image (scaled by GIMP 2.4.6 instead of a 13-year-old program) which is truer to the original image. I really like how easy it is to do things like that on this board. :thumbup:

Thanks NatVac
It’s great news that the ZRP thread is backed up safely, it’s a wealth of teaching material. I’m also thrilled with the news that you are considering to offer this knowledgebase to be viewed here as well. Knowledge of this calibre is always very appetizing -and fulfilling- for all minds regardless of in what format it may come; and this multi-dimensional compilation format (if I'm correct in putting it this way) that you describe will certainly be a great source of information for so many.
We’ll all be looking forward to having the chance of reading them here as well. Thank you. :thumbright:

PS: I’m happy that you’ve found the functions in the forum are satisfactory. I’ve also installed 8 other styles, so we have 9 styles to choose from. I’ve also changed the “Modding Technics and Tips” to “Modding Techniques.” After creating the forum over a night, in the daytime things start to offer some better meanings. :)
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 19 Sep 2008 09:28

Theres someone here who might just know what project 2501 and thermoptic comoflouge is :D
THE DEDICATED, CERTIFIED RESIDENT MADMAN
There is no such thing as innocence in the ZONE, only degrees of guilt.
CAN YOU FEEL THE TRANQUILLITY OF THE ZONE
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
We are shaped by fate, just as we shape it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
Akir man yamut malak al-mut
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 19 Sep 2008 19:21

DARK TEMPLAR wrote:Theres someone here who might just know what project 2501 and thermoptic comoflouge is :D

You mean these: 8)

Project 2501http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_2501

Active camouflagehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_camouflage
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 19 Sep 2008 22:10

Ah so you also know about ''Ghost In The Shell'', thats nice but I was refering to one of the new forum members section 9
And I was talking about thermoptic camoflouge, the one used by major
So what do you think of it?
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 19 Sep 2008 22:23

DARK TEMPLAR wrote:Ah so you also know about ''Ghost In The Shell'', thats nice but I was refering to one of the new forum members section 9
And I was talking about thermoptic camoflouge, the one used by major
So what do you think of it?

There are two answers, the long one and the short one. They both come to this: Cool. 8) :)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby fatrap on 19 Sep 2008 22:56

Hey! I see that OldFighter and barin have joined the forum! Glad to see you all here! I hope you enjoy the new forum as much as the rest of us have... Nightwatch did a good job in creating it! :thumbup:
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 19 Sep 2008 23:51

Though we said hello on other threads earlier, but I'd like to Welcome new members here as well, great to see you all here guys.
Vimes
Draakon
Tejas Slacker
nandersen
Ultradad
VINTAR
metsapeikko
Section-9
OldFighter
Last edited by Nightwatch on 19 Sep 2008 23:57, edited 1 time in total.
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Nightwatch on 19 Sep 2008 23:53

I've just seen that our latest member is: barin.
Welcome it's great to see you here. :D

_________

edit: thanks fatrap :D
Without all you guys, it wouldn't mean anything. :thumbright:

(seems while I was writing you had posted, so I saw it later and had to make an edit-addition to the post, sorry. Man, I write slow... :)
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby fatrap on 20 Sep 2008 10:28

Looks like Phoenix135 has joined our ranks! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Glad to see that you found the new forum and I hope that you will enjoy it as much as the rest of us are!
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 20 Sep 2008 19:40

fatrap wrote:Looks like Phoenix135 has joined our ranks! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Glad to see that you found the new forum and I hope that you will enjoy it as much as the rest of us are!

Yes, Welcome Phoenix135 and TSL16b (who is the latest member of our forum) :D
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby EggChen on 20 Sep 2008 23:30

Yes, welcome to everyone, just checked the members list (which is a very nice feature of this site by the way). Nice to see so many familiar names, hey guys.

On a side note, thanks for choosing a different avatar Fatrap, I'm so used to your GSC one that I can't visit Skinflint in game without hearing the distant hum of a chainsaw.... or at least I think I can hear one.

:dontknow:
EggChen

Postby freekiller on 21 Sep 2008 14:39

Hello all,i´m happy with this forum,seems to be the place to talk about good things.

I´m a little busy playing CS and doing other things,read you all soon.
..i´ll be back,don´t hesitate,this is not a menace,just the way it should be.
freekiller
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 22 Sep 2008 00:37

I'd like to welcome our new members Elijah and freekiller :cheers:
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Nightwatch on 23 Sep 2008 15:28

Russo and wheadb are the newest two members, Welcome. It's great to see you here. :cheers:
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 25 Sep 2008 13:21

For some odd reason I think that the four latest members are one and the same, I sugest throwing them all out
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements & News