No, but its still cool.
36%
No, not interested at all.
No votes
Go **** yourself.
18%

Total votes : 11

Postby MeanderingBeing on 27 Oct 2008 00:41

Well, I am planning on keeping the SOC levels, I'm just going to change them a little to reflect the style and architexture of the W40k universe. For example, the Garbage is going to have an Orky feel to it. Agroprom is going to have a little bit of a make over, and the buildings will look like grand Temples with spikes, spires, and gargoyles all over them. Of course the little farms scattered about the zone will look more like habs. Oh and the NPP hopefully is going to look f-ing SWEEET! It's going to be a GRAND Manufactorium. The Dark Valley is going to be, well, dark.

Hey, random idea. Ballius said hey wanted to kook some Okrs. It wouldn't be that hard to make a flame thrower, right? I mean, the flames would all be Particle Effects in the X-Ray engine?
Although, I can see making the ammo operate correctly being the most difficult aspect.
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 27 Oct 2008 15:15

AMK includes a flamethrower, check it out.
EggChen

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 29 Oct 2008 21:58

Good idea, this mod you have here, sorry for being so damn persistent but Lustmords music would fit into this even better then to SHOC.Only help I can Provide is preparing the songs, I've got a whole folder of Lustmord and some of it is already useble
THE DEDICATED, CERTIFIED RESIDENT MADMAN
There is no such thing as innocence in the ZONE, only degrees of guilt.
CAN YOU FEEL THE TRANQUILLITY OF THE ZONE
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
We are shaped by fate, just as we shape it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
Akir man yamut malak al-mut
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 31 Oct 2008 21:58

Hey, can someone post a link to AMK for me? I can't seem to find it!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 01 Nov 2008 01:11

The most upto date info that I have on AMK site (doesn't really mean it's the most recent) is:

http://board.oblivion-lost.de/showpost.php?p=168007&postcount=1

The site also has email address of bac9-flcl who, as I noticed last, was the senior moderator in GCS forum as well. I can't find xStream, Red75, sokol_jack email addresses.
Hope it helps. :)
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby MeanderingBeing on 07 Nov 2008 11:31

Thanks nightwatch, by the way, for the linky!

All right, update time!!!!!!!!
So heres the deal.
The first faction story arc to be released will beeeeee..........

CHAOS!
(Simply because they are my favorite!)

I have discovered a couple of things that are tremendously helpful in working on this.

1: Dawn of War models and animations are compatible with Stalker!!!!!!! This was discovered by complete accident (I mixed up a couple files) and I LOVE it!

2: I have found a way to REALLY fuck (pardon my french, needed for emphasis) with the physics in X-ray. If I can get scripting right, I hope to make it so you can fly using jump packs (to a limited degree). It seems the script would be simple, I just need to make it so the longer you hold your jump key, whatever its bound to, the more upward momentum you gain. I also want to script it so if you're holding sprint while you're hold jump, you will fly foward instead of upwards. And of course, if you are walking foward while you jump, that small amount of forward momentum will carry into your jump, so you can jump over enemies and behind them. I figured this out by really screwing with run & gun to see what kind of super-jumps I can get.

3: I discovered there are invisible ceilings in Rostok (bar area) that prevent you from jumping to high. This'll have to be fixed for the sake of you raptors out there!

Here is some relevant data to what I have been working on.

Weapons:
*First note, HEY EggChen! Is it possible at some point I could get you to make some Purple and Pink fire particle effects for me and tell me how to implement them to the flamethrower from AMK?
Also, if anyone knows how to make some good splatter-licsious blood effects for the chainsword???
*Second: I am working primarily on Chainswords and Flame Throwers at the moment. If you have any suggestions or ideas, feel free to post em. All input of any kind is entirely welcome here!
*Third: This is a simple list of weapons planned (for chaos anyways)
-Chainsword
-Power Gauntlet
-Power Sword
-Bolt Pistol
-Bolter
-Heavy Bolter
-Autocannon (Handheld)
-Rocket Launcher
-Plasma Pistol
-Flamer
-Heavy Flamer
-Daemonic weapons (somewhat of a spoiler, but in my opinion, Daemonic awesomeness is required for Chaos)
-Noise Gun (Several Variants exist, such as heavy sonic models, or simple screamers)
-Plague Bolter (Heavy, Mean, Big Bullets, And Packed With Disease!)

Armours
*A simple list of armors planned
-Chaos Space Marine Armor
-Chaos Plague Marine Armour
-Chaos Noise Marine Armour
-Chaos Raptor Armour (There will be Nurgloid and Slanneshi variants)
-Chaos Champion Armour (Variants as above)
-Chaos Terminator Armour (This will be a sign that you are jesus at this mod, simply because I am going to make your fingers bleeeeed to get this)
-Chaos Daemonic Amours (These will be one time use armours that are PERMANANT! Once you accept the Warp, there is no turning back! You have been warned!)
*A note on looting corpses, please do not ask me for something like the marauder mod. In my mind, if you manage to kill something, there are going to be riddled with holes the size of watermelons, or sawn in several pieces. The whole thing seems pointless to me. Although feel free to make your own add-on after release!!!!!!! I am totally cool with that.
*Each variant of armour (based on chaos god) will have its own unique buffs and penalties.
*Once you choose a chaos god, you're stuck with him/her/it. Unless of course you want every worshipper of your previous god trying to kill you while you gain status with the other god.
*You can only wear the armour of Chaos Undivided or the god you choose. This is simply because, as a plague marine, your disease becomes part of your armour, and as a noise marine, your psychosis becomes part of the armour.
*Chaos Raptors will be immune to impact damage, as their armour is built specificly for, well, jumping on people with a chainsword.

Artifacts:
*There will be artifacts, and they will be integral to gameplay. Be warned though, Warp Artifacts (there will be different ones for each race/faction) will raise your Warp Taint. If you manage to max out your taint, well, lets just say it'll be interesting, and not necessarily bad.... depending on your point of view.
*There will be marks of chaos, representing which Chaos god you worship, and your favour with that god.
*There will be desecrated relics, meaning they are merchant trash. They are useless as the power of the warp no longer flows through them.
*Remember the old Artifact Activation mod? Well, I am hoping by christmas, I'll have worked out a way to make specific reusable artifacts that cast spells and unleash the warp into the world. Again, I think it is a matter of animation, particle effects, scripting, and ingenuity.

Gameplay:
*Very Brutal
*Very Bloody
*Very Awesome
--------
*The chaos army present on Mayus (Beubonis) is, well, chaotic. Its an army of individuals, all of whom are seeking to gain favor with their god, spread chaos, and kill the servants of the False Emporer.
*Certain enemies (Such as the Timbre Wolves Space Marines) will be very organized and will work in squads, rather than a horde of bloodthirsty cultists.
*Killing a fellow Cultist doesn't piss the rest off. In fact, as a Chaos Space Marine, alive for centuries and as bloodthirsty as a Daemon, you are encouraged to kill cultists who are stronger than you, and to purge the weaklings below you. Now, if you go off and kill every Chaos Cultist in the game, it will be counter-productive. Though the Chaos Gods appreciate a little spring cleaning, they don't like their own following to be killed off for entirely counter-productive reasons. Unless its Khorne. He don't give a shit for anything but Blood and Skulls.
*Mutants from the old stalker will be kept, but changed a little. For example, the Controllers will be rogue Psykers, and snorks will be possesed people...
*Daemonicly possesed items will be usable, and in some cases, living. For example, you could pick up a suit of raptor armour that has a Daemon bound to it. Or you can come across a tank chilling out with some weird growths and it talks to you. (No, you are not tripping Alice. You are not in the Rabbit Hole anymore...)
*The old Rank system for Stalker will be used to measure your favor with the chaos gods.
*There will be no way to "buy" weapons or armour. You will have to get it all by finding it, or stealing it, or to earn it. Although, right from the start, you can get 1 of any kind you choose. (Except for Terminator armour. And if you chose a god specific armour, you are stuck with the armour variants of that god, and chaos undivided, for the rest of the game. Choose carefully)

All right, Let me tell you what you are in for!
You start out in the center of what was once Stalker's Zone now. I mean in what is the "Lost Manufactorium." You are a simple Space Marine, alive for milennia, and exist for one purpose: Chaos. You do not have any preference to a god, but as with every member of chaos, there will be a moment where you will be strong-armed into choosing. You do not have much standing in the ranks of Chaos. Though you are not a weakling by any means, but you are not (yet) considered a champion for Chaos. As you get more powerful, you will discover newer, cooler ways to kill your foes.
Combat is the best way to earn status. Since Tzeentch seems to have forsaken this planet, manipulation will get you nowhere, unless you are REALLY good at what you do. Killing your superiors will impress those below you, and instill fear in those above you. But be careful, you never know who will be impressed, or who will see you as a threat.
Completing missions that advance the goals of Chaos on the planet also earns you status, but missions and side quests will be considerably more challenging than just killing weaklings. They will be very difficult, but will earn you favor faster.

All right. I guess I should set you guys up and tell you what you'll be doing!
The story........

Millenia ago, Human settlers uncovered a relic on a fringe world. As a member of the Timbre Wolves Space Marines, you were sent to gaurd the Holy Librarians who studied it. And you were also there when it was activated. You were sucked into the warp, and launched to an unknown wasteland of a planet, inside a perpetual warp storm.

There, the lines of reality were shattered beyond any sane means of comprehension. The Daemons and beasts you saw there burned your now fragile psyche, and you quickly succumbed to the power of the warp. From this, you found that, even though all sense of reality was destroyed, there was potential in existance in the warp. You soon learned of the daemons that would eat your flesh, only to have it restored hours later. As centuries flew by, you learned to weild the warp inside your mind, and that was when you first heard the voices.

The voices plagued you at first. Every thought, every dream, every breathe, they screamed in your mind, clawing at your shattered sanity. Your ears bled from the shear psychic force always pressing into your brain. They seemed incoherant. You feared you would fall too far into chaos, and lose all sense of self. You screamed for the voices to stop, cursed them to destruction. Then they stopped. But soon, other voices started. Five of them.

But these seemed coherant, intelligent, educated even. And they opened the way of chaos for you. They told you that they were the five major Chaos Gods. And you would be their servant. They each gave you a gift, a taint to make you stronger so you could bring chaos into reality.

As you learned and became stronger over the millenia, you could taste a change in the warp. Chaos was getting stronger, and preparing to bring yet another evil. You thirsted to bring it forth. You lusted to wrought destruction upon the Emperium of Man.

You left what you came to know as the Old World, the source of chaos in Reality. You journeyed in a living DaemonShip. You eventually came acroos a relic that seemed familiar to you. You seized it, and activated it. Bringing yourself and a whole army back to an ever so familiar planet. The mark of Chaos was still on this place, but now humans were settling here, even building a manufactorium around a Chaos Obelisk. You and your fellow Chaos Space Marines revved your chainswords, and fell upon the workers at the manufactorium.

Now that you are here, on this planet that you remember as Mayus, your homeworld, you see this affront to chaos plague your world. Now its time you get to work...

Well there you go! Thats the main character (You) and you get to chose how you play and how affects you from here. What are you going to do to this Holy Taint on your homeworld?
I'm off to work on physics tweaking! See ya later!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 07 Nov 2008 12:33

I could certainly do the particle effect, but not sure about the AMK implementation.

I am crap at scripting, and I believe that AMK flamethrower does use scripting to work (setting on fire its targets). If I could work out which current particles it used, I could create new ones, the script would have to be altered to call them.
EggChen

Postby MeanderingBeing on 07 Nov 2008 15:00

All right. I'll see what I can do as far as the scripts go. I just downloaded the newest version of AMK, so I'll dig into its weapon files tonight.

And thank you, good sir!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 24 Nov 2008 07:21

Allright, I've got alot of questions to ask before I temporarily disconnect my internet...

@EggChen
Is it possible to bind different Blood Spatter particle effects to different actions? Let me give an example:
If I hit a dude with a chainsword, blood (and I mean alot...) gouts out in the direction of the spinning chainsaw teeth...
Or if I hit a dude with a bolter, an explosion of blood shoots out the other side...
Get what I'm sayin?

@any scripter
Is it possible to bind a new action/animation or sequence to a key where you can do these awesome fininshing moves and stuff?

@any animator
Is it possible to import new animations bound to new actions and models that are completely unrelated to whats already in stalker?

@everyone
Yes I know I'm getting ambitious, But hey, I work in a kitchen and have alot of free time... Plus I gots all these awesome ideas floating in my dome right now. I'm just curious if I can implement them...
PEACE!
:weedman:
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 24 Nov 2008 10:06

MeanderingBeing wrote:@everyone
Yes I know I'm getting ambitious, But hey, I work in a kitchen and have alot of free time... Plus I gots all these awesome ideas floating in my dome right now. I'm just curious if I can implement them...
PEACE!
:weedman:

Hey if you pull this off, I'll certainly play the damn thing :mozilla_cool: cause me and chaos are good friends in a way :-$ :-#
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 24 Nov 2008 21:44

MeanderingBeing wrote:@EggChen
Is it possible to bind different Blood Spatter particle effects to different actions? Let me give an example:
If I hit a dude with a chainsword, blood (and I mean alot...) gouts out in the direction of the spinning chainsaw teeth...
Or if I hit a dude with a bolter, an explosion of blood shoots out the other side...
Get what I'm sayin?

It very possible, it would need scripting to determine what the weapon type was though.

Take a look at Decane's BB Mod, that is what you would need, and obviously tweaked particles which I can do.

http://stalker.filefront.com/file/BB_Mod_Redux;93116
EggChen

Re: STALKER: TAINT mod

Postby marlin on 30 Nov 2008 06:04

Hey how are things with this any progress?
marlin

Postby ket on 09 Dec 2008 17:28

**Little post-it note** X-Ray 1.5 does have ONE thing thats slightly advantageous for it, Godrays. The good news is it looks like that feature was "tacked on" and it doesn't look too natural, however it may just be a software thing set in the user.ltx, so you may want to grab a CS user.ltx file and see if any of the new settings in it "stick" in a SoC user.ltx file.

I say this because I have successfully implemented all of the shaders in CS into SoC before, which somewhat begs the question is X-Ray in SoC "1.5".
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 10 Apr 2009 07:39

Ahhh yes, Back to square one with this. Sorry folks. But maybe I can actually get somewhere with this now.
I'll be straight up though: There is now way in HELL I can do this on my own. Quite frankly, if we ever want to see this mod within the next 6 months to a year, I've got to get a Development team.

So, if you are interested, leave a post here.
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 10 Apr 2009 11:03

Well I would gladly try and help but as usual I cant mod for the life of me. Only the very basic stuff which any noob should be able to do if they look at it. Unless one of the things you need done is very very basic modding that may help me learn.

This is one of the top mods I want to see made on STALKER along with a zombie mod. Good thing at least is that this wont get rushed.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 10 Apr 2009 12:21

good luck
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby nandersen on 10 Apr 2009 12:22

Sometimes the best way to start is by making a small proof of concept for the most important element, e.g. the story or character development. Start with the most radical aspect of the mod i.e. what makes it tick rather than what makes it shine (textures, models, sounds).
"They shoot and I run and I spill my drink - all over my uniform..."
My files for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: http://zhat.dk/stalker/
nandersen
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 12 Apr 2009 08:31

nandersen wrote:Sometimes the best way to start is by making a small proof of concept for the most important element, e.g. the story or character development. Start with the most radical aspect of the mod i.e. what makes it tick rather than what makes it shine (textures, models, sounds).

Thank you. That would be best for sure.
So do you guys think that I should start from a pre-existing mod and build on it, or start from scratch?
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 13 Apr 2009 07:36

All right, so here's what we're going to be working with as far as A-Life goes.

Blind Dogs-Cut do to lack of ferocity

Boars-Cut unless size can be drastically increased (%200ish), would fill the role of herbivorous prey for pseudo dogs

Psuedo Dogs-Will be kept and renamed, I currently think they would easily fill the role of natural predators on beubonis and would take the place of blind dogs, making the pseudo dog more common, more dangerous, and would travel in large packs of say 7-10ish

Flesh-Will be kept and renamed, I think they coul easily fill the role of minor Chaos Spawn, more dangerous than the pseudo dog, but less dangerous than everything else, and would be solitary critters

Snorks-Will be kept and renamed, easily fills the role of Nurgle Cultists gone mad. Very weak physically but can do alot of damage.

Tushkano-Will be kept, renamed, and resized to aboot 1 meter at the shoulder. Will be NPCs. *cough cough*

Dwarfs-Cut unless one of you guys can think of something for him

Controllers-Will be kept and renamed, fills the role of Rogue Psykers

Poltregeists-Will be kept and renamed, fills the role of the Psychic remnants of dead psykers

Zombies-Cut

Bloodsuckers-Will be kept and renamed, fills the role of minor Daemon, VERY dangerous

Pseudo Giant-Kept and renamed, fills the role of Major Chaos Spawn

Chimera-Kept and Renamed, I think they'd make cool Chaos Hounds

Cats-Um, I really don't know what to think of these guys. I see them so rarely in mods, I haven't gotten the feel for them... Any suggestions?

Chernobyl Dog (like the one in the centre of red forest)-Kept and renamed, fills the role of mutated psuedo dog.

ORKs- I really don't know if there is anything in the game that could be manipulated into orks or not, so I think we'll have to build them from the ground up without using anything as a starting point, other than Warhammer art.

Now onto NPCs...

Now most npcs could be kept as is, just renamed and slightly changed skin and faction wise. They would serve as the Chaos Cultists and the Imperial PDF. For example we could make all the guys wearing gasmasks Nurgle cultists, and guys who don't either Slaanesh Cultists or the Imperials.

The hardest I think would be the Astartes, because to remodel npcs into space marines and chaos space marines would be difficult, so again, for them we have to start from scratch.

...So as far as NPCs and Alife seems, the only two real difficult things would be the Orks and Space Marines (Chaos and Imperial)

And yes, I know this is getting to be a long post. So bear with me here...

My goal for April-May:
Proof of Concept!

So my current goal is to stick with the suggestion of building a proof of concept. I want to do this through simple breakdown of mod building into simple steps, making a whole hell of alot easier on my limited attention span, and freetime due to my fucking (sorry about the language) job.

As a side note: NEVER WORK IN AN F-ING RESTERAUNT!

Here's how I am going to attack this beast, starting with the simple crap, and working my way up to hard stuff:
STEPS:
1. Remove any extraneous crap from the game such as dialague and story arc, and leave the core gameplay mechanics of the X-ray Engine
2. Rewrite Encyclopedia and all corresponding files to match above listed Monsters and NPCs.
3. Reskin above listed Monsters and NPCs to fit Warhammer 40k setting.
4. Redesign inventory to match features of the mod.
5. Replace old vanilla inventory graphics and texts for weapons and armour with new W40k stuff
6. Change Dynamics of old guns to fit the behaviours and dyanamics of W40k weapons
7. Replace old vanilla First Person HUD weapons models with new W40k weapons.
8. Change Particle Efftects of anomalies (including blowouts) to new W40k setting. I will explain more on this in a separate posting...

That would essentially the Beta-Beta. Just the most basic of changes starting from the ground up. The Full Beta will be the Hard but not REAL hard stuff, like remodeling the Space Marines and Orks, Animating them, Remodeling the Guns (3rd person view), Animating them, setting the start point to inside Chernobyl NPP, and Renaming the map areas.

The Uber-Beta will be the rough version of the mod, where work like Story Arc, Dialogue, Sound, Post Process Effects, and Map Editing will be done.

I hope to release the mod in each stage to get feedback and bugtesting done. Essientally, if you download this in any of the stages, you've just been shang-haied into being a beta tester. If I see you downloaded it but give no feedback whatsoever, I will go to your house and eat all your food. =))

Allright, now that I've been typing for the past hour and a half, I think I should post this. Tell me what you think and if you've got any advice or suggestions, I'd be happy to hear it!

Oh, and I have opened up a thread in the Modding & Techniques section where I'll post on issues that developed during development of the STALKER TAINT mod. The thread is "Modding Questions to help me with my mod..."
Thank you all in advance for your support.
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions