Custom map - Gasworks

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Custom map - Gasworks

Postby Matt_B on 08 Oct 2008 12:41

Hi, I'm gonna be posting some updated screens here soon (already posted some on the GSC modding forum if you've not seen em).

First though I'm stuck on importing my custom bump/normal map textures. It seems like you have to feed the importer a *_bump.tga (32bit RGBA) texture which includes a normal map & greyscale bump map, but NOT with the channels in the same order as the _bump maps in the gamedata/texture folders (ie. those green looking normal map things) because the import process switches the channels around & modifies them.

The closest results I've got were from giving the importer a standard tangent space normal map with the bump in the alpha channel. That gives a similar result, but still the channels end up looking very different & low quality.

I could of course rebuild the _bump maps myself, but that leaves the secondary *_bump# textures which are also auto generated. I can't figure out what they're for, & the channels seem to use some very non-standard techniques for normal/bump.

So, anyone successfully imported their own bump maps?

Thanks

Got some editor screens & a few issues:

http://img389.imageshack.us/my.php?image=01ui1.jpg

http://img389.imageshack.us/my.php?image=02jg1.jpg

1. I've imported all 3 necessary terrain textures, including the *_mask.dds. But I'm not seeing any blending between the 3 ground materials.

2. EDIT: fixed wallmark issue using effects/wallmarkblend shader

3. I'm getting a few areas where polygons are stretched.

Any ideas how to fix these? Thanks.

EDIT: I think I may have posted this in the wrong forum section. Feel free to move to the other one if needed.

More issues Trying to compile a small test scene & it's crashing when you run the compiler .bat, giving this error:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : assertion failed
[error]Function : b_BuildTexture::Vflip
[error]File : d:\xray-svn\xrlc\build.h
[error]Line : 30
[error]Description : pSurface

I fixed this before in a previous test scene by using simple default or def_vertex shaders, but that's not working here.

Also I get these red lines along some edges in the editor viewport, dunno if they're related:

http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... orspk7.jpg

Any ideas?
Matt_B

Postby busetibi on 08 Oct 2008 13:57

Hi Matt_B welcome to the forums, I remember seeing your work on the GSC forums, very, very nice :thumbright:
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 10 Oct 2008 13:57

Matt_B I've split your thread and posted it in Modding Techniques Forum, I hope you can get some help with your problem by using the two forums.
;)
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby dezodor on 11 Oct 2008 14:35

hi,

the red dots means invalid faces
blue means x (dunno) (still error, and needs to be corrected for high compile)
green means 2sided doublefaces

the blend works only in dx9 mode, in dx8 static lightning mode, the road and other stuff is sharply cut from the terrain. thats ok.

psurface thing: you need all textures in tga format, and they also need the thm file (open them in level-editor-image editor and set stuff for them, then thm will be generated), otherwise compiler will crash with that err.
dez0wave team
dezodor
Senior Resident

Postby Matt_B on 16 Oct 2008 22:26

hey thanks for the info. got everything fixed now except a problem with smoothing groups (posted about it in the other mod technique forum).
Matt_B

Postby ket on 08 Nov 2008 16:40

I'm loving those wall textures, very sharp and realistic in comparison to the vanilla textures, brill work :thumbleft:
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Re: Custom map - Gasworks

Postby dezodor on 10 Jan 2009 02:44

any update on this? seems to be dead.

matt_b when you added me on msn, i tried to talk to you, but you were offline all the time, so i gave up. sorry.
dez0wave team
dezodor
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 10 Jan 2009 14:56

Dezo - Matt has not been around here for some time now, your best bet would be a PM or e-mail, they should be in his profile.
EggChen

Postby jamie1992 on 10 Jan 2009 14:58

Yeah, Mattb hasnt been online on MSN or anything for quite awhile.
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Return to Mods & Discussions