The official STALKER: Twilight K.E.T. mod thread!

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: The official STALKER: Twilight K.E.T. mod thread!

Postby ket on 30 Apr 2010 21:05

lol thats one of the funniest commentaries I've heard in a long time "oh no! Wolfs dead!" :p Can't wait for your other vids :d
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 30 Apr 2010 21:20

Funny stuff...and the Mod gets better-and more Wicked.
Finish this up with all your goodies Ket, so I can play it again. (I've been upgrading again and didn't finish it the last time).
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby ket on 30 Apr 2010 21:24

I'm working on it. rockingmtranch is doing the all.spawn while I give the mod yet further polishing and adding extra things here and there.

ED - Balious, I can't remember if the beta on moddb had the all.spawn with it in, but if you go by where you find the armour for nimble, there might be a new level changer taking you straight to the dark valley ;) Just be aware that if you go there, you will have to use the exit to garbage to continue on as the gates are locked.
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301

ket
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 30 Apr 2010 21:58

I didn't expect so many comments in a short amount of time :mozilla_surprised:
I watched my video again and noticed how surprised i was to that greande throwing after the helicopter distracted me. I dont know if I should be laughing how shocked that got me or how shocked that I didn't die. I also like how my task updated right after the greande went boom too.

Uploading part 2 right now. Didn't know my commentary could be so funny either :mozilla_surprised:

When I get Nimble's suit I see if I can go to Dark Valley or not :mozilla_smile:
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 30 Apr 2010 22:14

ket wrote:Pansy. Theres plenty of ways to kill traitor stalkers and the mutants while walking away with plenty of ammo. Thats why you have a knife, amogst other ways.. ;) Youre just still thinking about stalker as a mere game, not fight for your life survival. The thunder is from stancia, its not odd at all if you consider what I'm doing with TK, taking it to the absolute "what if" scenario. Anyway, out of some 200 ppl who have played the new beta youre the first to complain, cant please everyone and the minority are clearly wrong :p Don't moan about the ballistics either they have always been fubar in stalker can't pin that on me :-Q Your aim is also terrible I've seen your videos :p I can confirm that most enemies die with one shot to the head, I do it frequently. If you want to moan go play COP then complain it takes about 8 shots to the head with a pistol just to kill a boar and how erratic firing any assault rifle becomes. Aaaaand I think the last part that needs answering is the bodyshots, I've told people a million billion gazillion times that calibur of ammo and type plays a huge part in how easy enemies are to kill now as enemies have their own armour stats now. Standard military training dictats if you kill a unarmoured opponent in 3 shots you got a good kill, so balancing that out to 5 shots given all NPCs are armoured is perfectly realistic. Obviously, as you encounter enemies in better armour it'll take a lot more shots to kill them if youre not properly equipped to kill them efficiently. Difficulty also progressively gets harder as the game goes on, I've died at the NPP god knows how many times even in my own custom armour thats tough as nails where monolith, helicopters, APCs and the military have all been going for me. :O

Anyone who wants me to upload a vid showing jamie just has bad aim let me know :D

No a matter of being a pansy bro. ¬_¬

Yes but if you mod was so aimed at overhauling you'd of fixed them....And as I just said, I used Armour piercing rounds, should take him out fast, the fact that he can take more than a few rounds is bullshit, real armour may be tough, and I've seen it save peoples lives but they still drop regardless, either because of the shock or the brusing and broken ribs in some cases rare that appear afterwards.

And what video would this be Ket, none of my Videos in stalker have me using a Shotty, and even then the only aiming you could compare is my COP videos, which is unfair to compare, as that was a SU, vanilla COP, hipfiring full auto, your mod was a AK with a PSO, single shot crouched at a bandit stood still and the bullets were massive amounts away to each other. Very unrealistic, so don't try and bullshit me or others with that. :P

Either way, I think you should make sure all issues are fixed and tightend up, especially the random traitor, as I said good idea, bad execution IMO, other than that, its good, one question did you add in those Argus textures? Cause I had a large FPS drop.

Also to the card question, I am using it, I've told ya 3 times already ya deaf sod, I said I need a new PSU as it plays up sometimes, and keeps freezing on me, but it does work and I'm using it already. Major performance increase. I noticed Argus kills it, but thats probably my Mobo and CPU letting the rest of my rig down maybe?
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 30 Apr 2010 22:23

Part 2 is now uploaded.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL4oDpwkG00

Perhaps this one may be less funny but I still got a load more to make to entertain everyone :D
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 01 May 2010 00:15

Great vids. Your, um, accent...I wasn't prepared for that :D
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby audioave10 on 01 May 2010 00:55

Rather...English...isn't he. Good video's Balious.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby ket on 01 May 2010 00:59

lol your commentary is the best balious :D For a player who says he dies a lot you have a very methodical style of play B-) looking forward to more vids!

ket
Senior Resident

Postby ket on 01 May 2010 01:13

jamie1992 wrote:
ket wrote:Pansy. Theres plenty of ways to kill traitor stalkers and the mutants while walking away with plenty of ammo. Thats why you have a knife, amogst other ways.. ;) Youre just still thinking about stalker as a mere game, not fight for your life survival. The thunder is from stancia, its not odd at all if you consider what I'm doing with TK, taking it to the absolute "what if" scenario. Anyway, out of some 200 ppl who have played the new beta youre the first to complain, cant please everyone and the minority are clearly wrong :p Don't moan about the ballistics either they have always been fubar in stalker can't pin that on me :-Q Your aim is also terrible I've seen your videos :p I can confirm that most enemies die with one shot to the head, I do it frequently. If you want to moan go play COP then complain it takes about 8 shots to the head with a pistol just to kill a boar and how erratic firing any assault rifle becomes. Aaaaand I think the last part that needs answering is the bodyshots, I've told people a million billion gazillion times that calibur of ammo and type plays a huge part in how easy enemies are to kill now as enemies have their own armour stats now. Standard military training dictats if you kill a unarmoured opponent in 3 shots you got a good kill, so balancing that out to 5 shots given all NPCs are armoured is perfectly realistic. Obviously, as you encounter enemies in better armour it'll take a lot more shots to kill them if youre not properly equipped to kill them efficiently. Difficulty also progressively gets harder as the game goes on, I've died at the NPP god knows how many times even in my own custom armour thats tough as nails where monolith, helicopters, APCs and the military have all been going for me. :O

Anyone who wants me to upload a vid showing jamie just has bad aim let me know :D

Yes but if you mod was so aimed at overhauling you'd of fixed them....And as I just said, I used Armour piercing rounds, should take him out fast, the fact that he can take more than a few rounds is bullshit, real armour may be tough, and I've seen it save peoples lives but they still drop regardless, either because of the shock or the brusing and broken ribs in some cases rare that appear afterwards.

And what video would this be Ket, none of my Videos in stalker have me using a Shotty, and even then the only aiming you could compare is my COP videos, which is unfair to compare, as that was a SU, vanilla COP, hipfiring full auto, your mod was a AK with a PSO, single shot crouched at a bandit stood still and the bullets were massive amounts away to each other. Very unrealistic, so don't try and bullshit me or others with that. :P

Either way, I think you should make sure all issues are fixed and tightend up, especially the random traitor, as I said good idea, bad execution IMO, other than that, its good, one question did you add in those Argus textures? Cause I had a large FPS drop.

Also to the card question, I am using it, I've told ya 3 times already ya deaf sod, I said I need a new PSU as it plays up sometimes, and keeps freezing on me, but it does work and I'm using it already. Major performance increase. I noticed Argus kills it, but thats probably my Mobo and CPU letting the rest of my rig down maybe?

1. I'm not deaf I'm blind :p
2. I asked anyone who has experience with the weapons in stalker in real life to correct the ballistics, but so far nobody has stepped forward.
3. Some textures are from argus, but even the ones that are I optimised to use less vRAM, you shouldn't see much slowdown if any. Deffinately get that decent PSU ASAP, the one you have now just can't cut it. A PSU with 30Amps or more on the 12v rail should do you good.
4. You seem to be the only one who can't hit enemies :p are you using the weapons properly? You won't get a accurate double-shot unless you use the appropriate firemode, just like in real life. So use the double burst firemode with the Abakan, or single shot with the AK, etc.
5. AP ammo I already fixed. Expect it to drop even heavily armoured foes pretty easy. But again, calibur used plays a big part on just how easily they will drop.
6. In all the videos I've seen you miss at least half your shots :D
7. Traitors stay. Everyone seems to love it.. Apart from you :p

ket
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 01 May 2010 01:21

ket wrote:
jamie1992 wrote:

1. I'm not deaf I'm blind :p
2. I asked anyone who has experience with the weapons in stalker in real life to correct the ballistics, but so far nobody has stepped forward.
3. Some textures are from argus, but even the ones that are I optimised to use less vRAM, you shouldn't see much slowdown if any. Deffinately get that decent PSU ASAP, the one you have now just can't cut it. A PSU with 30Amps or more on the 12v rail should do you good.
4. You seem to be the only one who can't hit enemies :p are you using the weapons properly? You won't get a accurate double-shot unless you use the appropriate firemode, just like in real life. So use the double burst firemode with the Abakan, or single shot with the AK, etc.
5. AP ammo I already fixed. Expect it to drop even heavily armoured foes pretty easy. But again, calibur used plays a big part on just how easily they will drop.
6. In all the videos I've seen you miss at least half your shots :D
7. Traitors stay. Everyone seems to love it.. Apart from you :p

1) Fair enough either way one or the other.
2) Eh, I thought you sexy ass was gonna do that.
3) Working on it belive me
4) Eh maybe I'm looking down the wrong end of the ironsights? :S
5) Time will tell
6) LIEZ
7) Don't want you to get rid of it, I love the idea, just needs a bit more controlling maybe? :P
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby ket on 01 May 2010 01:38

Controlling traitors is difficult. A long string of events determines who trys to stab (or in this case shoot :D ) you in the back and who doesn't. Its all down to the random reputations the game gives NPCs as well as a lot of finely tuned game relation settings. All that can really be done it enough to stop the traitors from getting toatally out of control. I've already done a lot of tweaking with the internal build to hopefully avoid any quest breaking.

ket
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 01 May 2010 01:40

Guess I'll have to keep on edge 24/7 when I get a latest build I guess. :P
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 01 May 2010 01:45

Thanks guys :mozilla_smile:
I do die a lot. I just havent had a moment where I am expected to load my saves that you can tell I make. I wonder what killed the bandits at car park. Looks like I be investigating in the next video :D

I was originally going to upload this lets play every Friday. But I may upload some more tomorrow when I get some more recording done. Bear in mind I have 4 lets plays going on at once :mozilla_smile:

What I think of the random traitor feature. Its good a very nice idea but perhaps needs a bit more work if it can. I don't know how much it can be improved or not.
Some people I wouldn't think will go hostile on you for not liking you. Wolf for example his whole role at the beginning is to protect the rookies at rookie village. I doubt he will actually turn against the loners for a simple dislike :mozilla_smile:
Bandits though they can hate everyone. They pure thieves only thinking for themselves (unless its that random bandit that may actually care about a friend or such).

I actually think the beginning could be looked at a bit for at least Wolf to survive it if you haven't looked at it already. He does give you 2 quests and gives you a reward for completing the quest with saving Nimble and all that.

I just suddenly thought of something. We should be Nimble in STALKER 2 :D I mean hes been in all 3 games with different roles lets give him a player one now :mozilla_smile:
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby ket on 01 May 2010 02:28

The traitor feature is probably as refined as it can be. It'll fit in much better when the all.spawn is done, it was never meant to be seen without the all.spawn :p I'm not sure what else I can do to protect Wolf, I've already givn him a special L85 with AP ammo. Wolfs problem is he doesn't distance himself a bit from mutants like the rookies do he loves to go toe-to-toe with them #-o

I uploaded your vids to moddb balious so you can read all the comments on them there as well ;)

ket
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 01 May 2010 10:34

Well Wolf likes to get up close and personal with the mutants :D Perhaps the mutants could be set to spawn outside the village but still goes and attacks it? Maybe give Wolf better armor? But seeing that he has a chance to turn that could perhaps be a bad idea if he happens to not like someone :-ss

Thanks ket I keep looking over there every now and then :mozilla_smile:
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby ket on 01 May 2010 10:59

I tried that, doesn't work. The problem with dialog spawning is that the mutants get "pulled" to the actor. So unless I spawn the mutants on the other side of the level theres no real way to fix that, at least, not what I'm aware of. Something which may work in protecting Wolf is if I give him a SPAS12, hopefully he will have the intelligence to realise its exactly what he needs for the up close and personal stuff.

ket
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 01 May 2010 11:59

A shotgun could work into his favour assuming he does actually get it out and use it on the mutants :mozilla_smile:

Was doing more recording and my computer turned itself off. I assume it was overheating as it made a loud ruckus which it only does during overheating when I turned it back on. But I gave it a rest first along with opening my window and all.
I actually saved recently before it happened too so I only missed about 2 minutes of action. Good thing I save regularly :D

I see if I can upload 3 parts today along with upload videos of another game. When I got up to part 5 of stalker done I shall make a new thread to keep easy track of all the videos along with posting them here :mozilla_smile:
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby ket on 01 May 2010 13:37

Can't wait :-bd Your PC turning itself off isn't a good thing :p Check NB, SB, and CPU temps. If any of those are unusually high you have your culprit ;)

ket
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions