The official STALKER: Twilight K.E.T. mod thread!

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: The official STALKER: Twilight K.E.T. mod thread!

Postby busetibi on 12 Dec 2008 14:36

observations from The Zone.
re;Stealth.
I'm not that kind of player, I see them, I kill them, quickly and no hiding. B-)

Autosaves.
I'm in Garbage just after helping Bes, get an Autosave (even although I've only been in the level 25 mins rt ) I get to the Hanger and repel the Bandits I'm just walking out of the Hanger and I get another Autosave (10 minutes rt tops, since the last one)

Blowouts.
way to short, I had one happen in the Hanger and it seemed to end quick, so when the next one happened in Agroprom I stayed outside, I only needed one hit of the antirad then it was all clear, If your going to have "Blowouts" at least make them a concern to players, the way it is now I wouldn't bother getting to cover.

Military.
they're still showing "yellow" even after shooting a few to save Mole.
those in Agroprom Underground totally ignored me, when I exited the level and hit the Base to get the docs on the third floor, again all of them ignored me,lol, so I get *issed at them and I see four of them in a group, I take one of them out with the knife and the other three are just *issing in the wind, they couldn't care less. :-w

audioave10
from kets post on page 5.
Oh and lastly if you find yourself falling through certain metal grating just delete gamemtl.xr - its for testing purposes only. :thumbright:

past Cordon the pre-release kinda turns into regular stalker,
is this why I'm seeing a lack of Mutants?
in Cordon Mutants were everywhere, but now I'm just getting a few now and again
please dont tell me that the Mutants were only heavy in Cordon and now the numbers are reverting back to Vanilla :mozilla_frown:
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 12 Dec 2008 18:26

Ket...sorry, I already forgot that about "falling through"!
Busetibi...thanks for fixing the double-post and don't worry...lots of
mutants attacking Bar like crazy.
Since I like stealth I like the non-lethal blowouts (you still need a rad). But Busetibi is a big time run & gunner so it may be not hard
enough for him.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby ket on 12 Dec 2008 19:37

busetibi wrote:observations from The Zone.
re;Stealth.
I'm not that kind of player, I see them, I kill them, quickly and no hiding. B-)

Autosaves.
I'm in Garbage just after helping Bes, get an Autosave (even although I've only been in the level 25 mins rt ) I get to the Hanger and repel the Bandits I'm just walking out of the Hanger and I get another Autosave (10 minutes rt tops, since the last one)

Blowouts.
way to short, I had one happen in the Hanger and it seemed to end quick, so when the next one happened in Agroprom I stayed outside, I only needed one hit of the antirad then it was all clear, If your going to have "Blowouts" at least make them a concern to players, the way it is now I wouldn't bother getting to cover.

Military.
they're still showing "yellow" even after shooting a few to save Mole.
those in Agroprom Underground totally ignored me, when I exited the level and hit the Base to get the docs on the third floor, again all of them ignored me,lol, so I get *issed at them and I see four of them in a group, I take one of them out with the knife and the other three are just *issing in the wind, they couldn't care less. :-w

audioave10
from kets post on page 5.
Oh and lastly if you find yourself falling through certain metal grating just delete gamemtl.xr - its for testing purposes only. :thumbright:

past Cordon the pre-release kinda turns into regular stalker,
is this why I'm seeing a lack of Mutants?
in Cordon Mutants were everywhere, but now I'm just getting a few now and again
please dont tell me that the Mutants were only heavy in Cordon and now the numbers are reverting back to Vanilla :mozilla_frown:

Autosaves - I changed the interval to every 20 mins, so thats normal.

Blowouts - They are random in both length and lethality, just because one blowout was "harmless", doesn't mean the next one will be ;)

Military - I need to tweak them a bit still, but their neautral for a reason, you shall see why if you use the patch script I attached in one of my other posts.

Mutants are everywhere, just use the patch script. It's a quick ugly hack fix as all thats happening in the script will happen via al.spawn in the finished version.
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 13 Dec 2008 14:11

okay I applied the patch script and Mutants are everywhere :)
not in a great amount of numbers but I'm seeing and killing more of them.
DV was slightly laggy, but I know it gets laggy in Vanilla so no big deal.
the "panic" thingy,
I met up with Bullet and we went to the ambush site, only problem was we got attacked by four Snorks (no biggie) but Bullet took to his heels and I think he's still running like a girl (fkn wuss :-Q ) so I failed the mission.
getting some mild stuttering and two or three second freezes, it can happen anytime I tried to pin point it( location, rain or no rain,day/night, fighting,mutants etc) but I'm unable to as it's so random, it's not game breaking just an annoyance.
on to WT and Yantar, get these areas out of the way then the game should pick up :-bd
btw, the chopper was a "nice" surprise (three deaths) but I finally took it out.
oh and the Controller and Burer as you exit the electro tunnel (Cordon) was another "nice" surprise.
'tis all good
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby ket on 13 Dec 2008 15:29

Those 2-3 second freezees have always been there even in vanilla. The best explanation I have for them is to do with AI coming offline \ going online and how good your HDD is. Setting switch_distance to 1200 should remove the stuttering entirely, which points to AI coming offline \ going online, but isnt the perfect solution. Try adjusting switch_distance to alleviate the 2-3 second pauses without making it too much so the NPCs are constantly trying to enguage a enemy on the other side of the map. Some values you could try are 250, 300, 400, 500, 700, 800, 1000, 1200.
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301

ket
Senior Resident

Postby nandersen on 13 Dec 2008 15:34

A different reason for the pauses can be incorrectly commented .ogg files. Check the console after every long pause to see if that's the case. If it is, the problem can be solved.
"They shoot and I run and I spill my drink - all over my uniform..."
My files for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: http://zhat.dk/stalker/
nandersen
Senior Resident

Postby ket on 13 Dec 2008 15:43

Its not oggs, I spent some time completely redoing a lot of the oggs in the game, there are very few oggs that aren't commented properly now, but the pauses never happen even with those oggs, I can pinpoint the exact location of every game pause, so it is likely the AI thing. Some of the "stalling point" locations as I call them are as follows;

Cordon: Bridge area, going down the hill to military outpost, just before the abandoned farm near the bridge, theres a few others too.

Garbage: By the vehicles at the start of the level, when your on your way to the Duty outpost

Warehouses: Just before metal sheet bridge, at the Duty blockade, on the way back from miliotary warehouses or wild territory, in front of the metal gates past the Duty blockade (or that general area as a whole)

You get the idea :p

Interestingly, some of these "stalling points" you can "walk around". The best example of this is the metal sheet bridge in the warehouses area, if you dont go over the bridge, but instead go over the trench to the right with the big metal boxes an stuff, it won't pause.

ket
Senior Resident

Postby nandersen on 13 Dec 2008 15:58

OK, that's a pity then... it would have been easy to do something about it.
nandersen
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 14 Dec 2008 04:30

Twilight K.E.T. v1.1 pre-release
on 1.0004 patch.
Master difficulty.
no outside mods installed.

getting a CTD in Yantar.
come back from taking the rad measurments, trying to speak to Sakharov soon as I hit "F" it CTD's.
gone back outside the bunker, hard saved,/quit, reloaded, still the same.
gone back inside the bunker,quick saved, reloaded, still the same.

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : no_assert
[error]Function : CXML_IdToIndex<class CInfoPortion>::GetById
[error]File : e:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrgame\xml_str_id_loader.h
[error]Line : 112
[error]Description : item not found, id
[error]Arguments : yantar_ecolog_give_reward
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby ket on 14 Dec 2008 05:23

I'll have to look at that by playtesting myself. It's not the first time that reward bug has popped up, but as fast as it appears it disappears.

ket
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 14 Dec 2008 06:22

Is that where you have to kill off that dumbass that goes with you to take the readings or is that a different pathing error?
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 14 Dec 2008 09:46

no mate, this is a different one.

I restarted the level from a hard save I had just before leaving WT, did what I had to do with Kruglov got back to bunker and it still CTD'ed.
so I restarted again and let Kruglov die,
so when I went back to Sakharov he wouldn't want to give me the reward, so no CTD.
of course I fail the mission but it's no biggie.

on to X16..............

edit: I have a hard save just before I try to talk to Sakharov, so if you find a work around for it I can try it out.
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby nandersen on 14 Dec 2008 12:22

Is TK for 1.0004 or 1.0005? Or does it work with both?
nandersen
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 14 Dec 2008 12:32

it's just for 1.0004 at this stage.
how's it going nandersen? good to see you around the traps :thumbright:
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby nandersen on 14 Dec 2008 12:44

Hi busetibi, nice to see you too :)
Kinda busy with work, family, xmas and all kinds of stuff other than gaming... :(
How's things at your end?

I was trying to see what could cause incompatibilieties between Ket's mod and my weather minimod, so it's pretty relevant info that TK is for 1.0004. I have a testing setup for 1.0004 patch but I usually try to avoid it since 1.0005 is more stable on my system. I guess I'll have to give it a try though since it sounds like TK is a lot of fun.
nandersen
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 14 Dec 2008 13:17

yea about the same, I have four days off over xmas and only new years day off and that's it :-Q got lots of work on atm, lucky I guess with the way things are going, although here in oz doesn't seem as bad as the rest of the world. :touchwood:
yup, it's a lot of fun, it has some hard spots but nothing overwhelming.
Cordon was an absolute bitch at the start but once you get a weapon it kinda rolls on
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby ket on 14 Dec 2008 15:20

busetibi wrote:no mate, this is a different one.

I restarted the level from a hard save I had just before leaving WT, did what I had to do with Kruglov got back to bunker and it still CTD'ed.
so when I went back to Sakharov he wouldn't want to give me the reward, so no CTD.

on to X16..............

edit: I have a hard save just before I try to talk to Sakharov, so if you find a work around for it I can try it out.

Ah I know where you are now, before the readings at yantar. I'd say that CTD is something on your end, I've just passed that bit myself and talked to Sakharov, I got the reward no probs. :thumbleft: If somebody knows the file(s) to do with that particular reward from Sakharov though, I'll take a look at them to make sure theres nothing that could cause an occasional CTD at it (eg; double spacing)

ket
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 14 Dec 2008 20:11

You mean the "af_cristall_flower" ? It's in yantar_dialog.script, in vanilla.
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby busetibi on 15 Dec 2008 06:58

ket wrote:
busetibi wrote:no mate, this is a different one.

on to X16..............

Ah I know where you are now, before the readings at yantar. I'd say that CTD is something on your end, I've just passed that bit myself and talked to Sakharov, I got the reward no probs. :thumbleft: If somebody knows the file(s) to do with that particular reward from Sakharov though, I'll take a look at them to make sure theres nothing that could cause an occasional CTD at it (eg; double spacing)

No, not before the reading, why would I get the reward off Sakharov before doing the rad reading?
I along with Kruglov do the reading, we get back inside the bunker,Kruglov speaks to Sakharov, I get the mission complete then when I try to speak to Sakharov it CTD's.
I got around it by letting the zombies kill Kruglov, therefore Sakharov would have no need to reward me for finishing the rad reading mission, as I wouldn't have completed it.
with Kruglov dying I have no problem speaking to Sakharov
I've played countless mods and never seen this CTD before, saying it's on my end is kinda.............. /:)
especially when you say;
"It's not the first time that reward bug has popped up, but as fast as it appears it disappears."
but no matter, I'm on my way to meet Guide ;)
busetibi
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions