APC Retextures

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Postby EggChen on 07 Nov 2008 01:45

I'm just screwing around with the SDK trying to export a chopper.... your right though, I had forgot that in NEWSA many choppers blow up instantly because of the firepower!! In my game they spiral out of control into the deck, so a carcass would look good (like Black Hawk Down).

Another idea was I could just increase the amount of trash from helis. For example, at moment you get one rotor blade, why not two or three!!

I think the fire would be OK, as after the explosion the fire is a pretty simple particle effect, not much more than a campfire to be honest. At the very least I can now remove the car parts that spawn from a dead APC.

My current guess is the dead one spawns exactly where the other dies, but you probably would not see any momentum if the APC was moving, the hulk would stop dead.

Anyway, I'm off to watch a film now, I probably won't get much time tomorrow to try these things out, but I'll be back on the case on Monday.

Catch you soon.
EggChen

Postby Nightwatch on 07 Nov 2008 01:59

Yeah adding extra trash/parts to the heli debris would be nice, so would be the extented fire period over the ACP debris. particularly those vanilla car tyres removal from the debris will make things, at the least, more logical.

As I understand, you say that this dead ACP spawn thing can work on moving ACPs as well, correct? Then it's very good. :)

There is dead calm playing on TV in a few moments. Is it the one that you're going to watch?

Anyway, see you later then:)
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby EggChen on 07 Nov 2008 12:27

Nah, though Nicole Kidman would have been a big plus point.....

It was actually IronMan, bit cheesy, but you cannot knock a film that opens with Back In Black!!

The dead APC, yep I believe so, it spawns where the other dies. A decent texture coupled with the longer lasting fire effect would look pretty cool. If you didn't like the effect when it is done, as I say, I can at least fix the car parts now!!

I can increase the chopper debris, in fact I can spawn pretty much any static object, so how about a military corpse or flesh and bones like you get from an anomoly?

I will be able to log on at my parents place, but won't have access to much of my Stalker resources.
EggChen

Postby Nightwatch on 07 Nov 2008 18:18

dead ACPs would be very cool, so would the corpses... awesome idea :thumbright: it'll emphasise the carnage.
Sometimes (most of the times) ACPs explode with a very big bang when they get the missile, but it should not vaporize at the end, as it happens now in vanilla effects.
No tanks disappears completely no matter how powerfully it explodes. It's a giant piece of metal, a burnt out carcase of it should remain behind, so the "Dead ACP" effect would go very nicely. :)
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby clavell101 on 13 Nov 2008 12:37

These look awesome!! :salute: Now I see how crap those original GSC textures/skins were.
makes the APCs more real, scary. Why hasn't anybody done it before? I guess it was not and easy job. :thumbright:
clavell101

Postby EggChen on 13 Nov 2008 23:13

I think it is because in vanilla you only see two "live" APC's near the end of the game. Its only really going to get noticed in a mod like NEWSA.
EggChen

Postby Nightwatch on 13 Nov 2008 23:28

EggChen wrote:Thanks :thumbright:

I think it is because in vanilla you only see two "live" APC's near the end of the game. Its only really going to get noticed in a mod like NEWSA.

Oh yeah, they'll really get noticed. They look mean, and they mean business, like battle tanks. :thumbright:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Mods & Discussions