FPS Resurrection

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

FPS Resurrection

Postby fatrap on 03 May 2020 15:52

Hey everyone... It's been a long time. Sorry for that, got caught up in a lot of life events. Hope everyone has been doing well!
Anyhow, since I finally retired I thought I would fire up the old (really old) gaming computer and finish a mod I stopped working on back in 2012.
Here is a download link for it:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/f2gilodlz ... n.rar/file

I hope you all enjoy it... there is a description for it on the old GSC forum.

Here is a quotation from there:

This is the mod I was working on back in 2012 when life events caused me to give up gaming until the beginning of 2020. Now that I am retired, I decided to finish it and have been working on it for the last 3 months. It is somewhat different from my earlier mods and it has a lot of new features. For example, the crazy mutant spawns in my earlier mods will not happen until you get to Pripyat and get the decoder. After that.... well, be prepared! There is an exception to this in the X16 lab that will happen after the Brain Scorcher is turned off. There is a reason for this... because of recurring quests from Sakharov, the mutants that will spawn have a chance of dropping a quest item you will need that is normally a one time item.

As the title implies, several key figures have been resurrected. Ghost is alive and well in the beginning of the Chernobyl level, Loco is alive in the back of the tunnel in the Garbage, Freeman is ready to do business with you in Rostok, and lastly, Doc is back in the game and is in the sniper tower room at the north end of the Red Forest. All of these folks are also traders and most can offer special skills (for a price). Also, you can converse with wounded enemies and give them a Medkit and they will become your friends and switch factions to the Loner faction. Used properly, you can create your own army! There is a "new" weapon to help with this... a VAL chambered for the 9x18 ammo that has a power level close to the pistols. It is designated as a "Training Rifle" and you get it from one of Wolf's 'destroy the mutants' quests.

Many of your favorite NPCs are pretty tough... Wolf, Fox, Petruha, Tolik to name a few... I always hated seeing them dead later in the game! It takes a LOT to kill them off now.

I referred to this before and I will expand on it now... you can buy "insurance" from some of the traders and select NPC's... it is very expensive and it can really boost your health levels and immunities. I derived this from the Skill Trainer mod. Also, you can purchase "Hunter Skills" that give you an additional dropped item on a mutant. The higher the skill level, the more probability of a drop. You will have to work the earlier levels of the game HARD to get the cash to buy these.... Should be able to max them out about the time you first enter Pripyat.

Freeplay is built into this, you make the choice when you decide to see the Wish Granter or to fight the C Consciousness.

There are a couple of "uber" artifacts, weapons, and armors.... you can use them or not depending on how you want to play the game. The choice is yours, Stalker.

There are so many things that I have changed that I simply cannot remember all of them. I will post them along the way! (See the edits at the bottom of this post) The main thing is that the gameplay is the most "vanilla" experience I have ever created. NO... it is not vanilla, just closer!

Anomalies are pretty weak and will not show up on the detector. They will cause a little damage but are more a nuisance than a threat. This is to keep mutants and enemies from being totally destroyed so that you can maximize looting. And electo anomalies can be quite useful one your shock immunity is over 100%.... this is an exploit in the 'vanilla' game.

Mutants will ignore NPC's... but they hate you... and NPC's only hate certain mutants. Again, there is a reason for this... the Hunter Skill will only drop items on mutants YOU kill.

Unlike my previous mods, you can quicksave and reload without being punished... that is until you get the decoder in Pripyat, and I seriously would advise against quicksaves after that.
fatrap
Senior Resident

Re: FPS Resurrection

Postby rockingmtranch on 03 May 2020 17:52

Thanks Fatrap :salute: Good to see you old friend B-)
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby rockingmtranch on 03 May 2020 20:15

OK. Found my original STALKER disc and installed the game. STEAM still wants $20. :-Q :-Q :-Q The game was going to play fine but I really wanted to use a mod manager and after a couple hours trying to get Vortex to work, I gave up and opened ModDrop which I've never used and it found the game, I dropped the mod in and installed it, and we're ready to give it a try :-bd Wish me luck. I'm going in :-ss
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby fatrap on 03 May 2020 20:42

rockingmtranch wrote:OK. Found my original STALKER disc and installed the game. STEAM still wants $20. :-Q :-Q :-Q The game was going to play fine but I really wanted to use a mod manager and after a couple hours trying to get Vortex to work, I gave up and opened ModDrop which I've never used and it found the game, I dropped the mod in and installed it, and we're ready to give it a try :-bd Wish me luck. I'm going in :-ss

Make sure that you explore the attic of the army barracks south of the rookie village.....
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 03 May 2020 20:43

Update! Mod successfully installed. Start new game from your start screen and crashed. Crashed HARD HARD HARD. I have three monitors and had to restart because even my task manager wouldn't come up. Could see the mouse on the other two monitors but that's all. Have had this ASUS ROG laptop for 4 years and that was the hardest crash I have ever experienced. So you know what I'm going to do? Try again of course :)) Back in the day, we would never had played STALKER if a crash or two or a million bothered us =)) :-bd :salute: B-)
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby rockingmtranch on 03 May 2020 20:45

The attic of the army barracks. The same barracks that is occupied by the ARMY!!!!! Ok. Sure. Will do. First thing on my to do list =)) :)) =))
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby rockingmtranch on 03 May 2020 20:56

Strike two ](*,)
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby fatrap on 03 May 2020 21:06

rockingmtranch wrote:Strike two ](*,)

Did you update your install to the 1.0005 patch?
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 03 May 2020 21:37

Nope but I will now. Renamed the gamedata folder and the game runs fine. Work in progress.
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby rockingmtranch on 03 May 2020 22:11

Found two discs from '07 that were the first patches. Got the right one online, installed, and ready to try again :-bd B-)
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby rockingmtranch on 04 May 2020 00:26

Well, good hunting STALKER! WOOHOO :-bd =D> :-bd Been a few years but damn that's a fun game. And, all my favorite mods were by FATRAP. Game running like a charm. I loved the stash by Wolf :thumbright: Now, about that military barracks :-ss
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby fatrap on 04 May 2020 02:03

rockingmtranch wrote:Well, good hunting STALKER! WOOHOO :-bd =D> :-bd Been a few years but damn that's a fun game. And, all my favorite mods were by FATRAP. Game running like a charm. I loved the stash by Wolf :thumbright: Now, about that military barracks :-ss

Yep... up in that attic is a special artifact called Boost. And in the treasure chest in the office there is a Pellicle. Those are highly desirable artifacts! That is the only Pellicle in the game... there is another Boost in Rostok.
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 04 May 2020 19:40

Spoiler alert!!! LOL. Kept following the mission and getting further away so I'm heading back. Not sure what my plan of attack is at this point. Probably going to see "Run faster next time" a lot =))
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby rockingmtranch on 04 May 2020 23:01

NOW we're talking :-bd :thumbright: =D> Got everything I need to start heading North B-)
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby rockingmtranch on 05 May 2020 01:21

Love, love LOVING IT!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> B-)
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby fatrap on 05 May 2020 14:08

rockingmtranch wrote:Love, love LOVING IT!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> B-)

Thats GREAT! I'm glad that you are having fun with it.... it is a bit different from my other mods. I did notice one thing yesterday... do not "convert" any of the wounded soldiers at the bridge in Cordon. For some reason they will become enemies again and still belong to the Loner faction and Nimble will become an enemy!!! This happened when I was just standing there! This is the only place I have run into this issue.... I have a feeling it has to do with their terrains in the all.spawn file. This is the only place where you can talk to an enemy in the vanilla game (bribe your way past the checkpoint). Anyhow... just kill all of them and you will be fine. You do have to watch out for any of the soldiers from the camp south of the Rookie village and make sure they don’t migrate up to the bridge after you convert them. Crazy! A few well placed explosive barrels will take them out without any repercussions. I am going to investigate that all.spawn file today.
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 05 May 2020 20:13

Haven't played in so long it's like a whole new game :thumbright: :-bd :thumbright: B-)
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby fatrap on 06 May 2020 02:10

rockingmtranch wrote:Haven't played in so long it's like a whole new game :thumbright: :-bd :thumbright: B-)

Same for me... didn't play it for over 7 years! Anyhow... SPOILER TIME! Did you find the Impulse Pistol in the box in the bushes between Sid's bunker and the military barracks? And the Snork Sweeper is in a box on top of the tower by Bes in the Garbage (along with a 9x19 VAL) and you will find a G36-M1 in a treasure stash in Agroprom just northwest of the entrance to the underground level out in a trailer in the road. And the first good suit of armor is in Streloks hideout in the underground.
OK... In the Garbage there is a treasure stash with a modified Groza up by the level changer to the Bar. The .50 cal Vintar is in the Freedom area... see Max for the "Kill Fatrap" quest. (NOTE... use grenades... the M209's are souped up a bit)
That should keep you busy for a bit! :)
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 06 May 2020 18:34

For a bit LMAO. Thank you. I did find most but not all of those :thumbright: B-)
----------------
rockingmtranch

Next

Return to Mods & Discussions