I'm still modding Stalker... need a wee bit of help :o)

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

I'm still modding Stalker... need a wee bit of help :o)

Postby ket on 04 Nov 2021 03:23

I don't know how many of us are left, but I'm hoping enough to help me solve a problem I've hit :-k For anyone that might of forgotten I'm developing the TK mod, or as its been called for a while now "SIN". The mod has come a long way but I've still not finished it yet, if you want you can check it out here; https://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-singularity

Anyway, to my woes. Testing the most recent additions and improvements I stumbled upon a dialog CTD with Nimble if hes in the wounded state; No available phrase to say, dialog[escape_shustryi_start]. Can anyone remember how to fix this type of CTD? I've checked him in character_desc_escape.xml and he already has <actor_dialog>dm_help_wounded_medkit_dialog</actor_dialog> so this CTD must be specific to prior to the player speaking to him to get the flash drive, can anyone remember what I'm forgetting here to fix this?
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Re: I'm still modding Stalker... need a wee bit of help :o)

Postby rockingmtranch on 04 Nov 2021 14:12

Good to see you KET. It might take a minute but I'm sure someone will come along with your answer B-)
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby ket on 04 Nov 2021 17:29

I'm always around rock, just not with always the time ;) As one of the "whippersnappers" back in the day of SoC modding its almost my turn to be the "old guard" now :D I think I might have found a solution to the CTD, giving Nimble the same tutorial dialog Tolik has.

My theory is if Tolik dies the player never gets the tutorial infoportion for healing NPCs, and so Nimble also being an "important" NPC if he gets wounded before you get to speak to him about the flash drive the game just sees you don't have the infoportion for the wounded dialog and just goes "Wow! WTF is going on here!?! Imma spaz out!!" I need to test this band aid fix but in theory giving Nimble <start_dialog>tutorial_wounded_give_medkit</start_dialog> in character_desc_escape.xml just like Tolik has should work the only difference is either Tolik or Nimble will trigger the tutorial now.

If anyone else has a better idea or solution then by all means let me know I like my fixes to be as neat, tidy, and simple as possible.
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 28 Nov 2021 14:36

ket wrote:I'm always around rock, just not with always the time ;) As one of the "whippersnappers" back in the day of SoC modding its almost my turn to be the "old guard" now :D I think I might have found a solution to the CTD, giving Nimble the same tutorial dialog Tolik has.

My theory is if Tolik dies the player never gets the tutorial infoportion for healing NPCs, and so Nimble also being an "important" NPC if he gets wounded before you get to speak to him about the flash drive the game just sees you don't have the infoportion for the wounded dialog and just goes "Wow! WTF is going on here!?! Imma spaz out!!" I need to test this band aid fix but in theory giving Nimble <start_dialog>tutorial_wounded_give_medkit</start_dialog> in character_desc_escape.xml just like Tolik has should work the only difference is either Tolik or Nimble will trigger the tutorial now.

If anyone else has a better idea or solution then by all means let me know I like my fixes to be as neat, tidy, and simple as possible.

Hey Ket, good to see you continuing with the spirit of SoC :)
You may be on the right track to identify the problem that you've come to face there.
I'll try to test your thinking and replicate and see if I can be of any help.
You may need to be a bit patient I'm afraid though, as this month I hardly find time to sleep and eat, uncomfortably demanding month, I'll do my best though.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Return to Mods & Discussions