GP100 and sprint animations... by Gosuke

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

GP100 and sprint animations... by Gosuke

Postby EggChen on 24 Nov 2008 23:02

Hey guys, I asked Gosuke if he could do sprint animations for the SVD and SVU, and what do you know.... he sure is fast.

Hello

sorry slowly my work.
I released "gosuke weapon mod 5".
This MOD include SturmRuger GP100 and sprint motion for SVD and SVU.
Please download below URL.

http://arikai.com/stalker/files/gosuke_weapon_mod_5.7z

Readme below

============================================================

file name:gosuke_weapon_mod_5.7z
release date:2008/11/23
author:gosuke
url:http://arikai.com/
email:odokawa@gmail.com

============================================================

Description
-----------------------
This mod adds Sturm Ruger GP100 to STALKER and adds sprint motion for SVD and SVU.

Optional setting
-----------------------
If you want that NPC drops new ammo, please copy "gamedata" folder
(that exists in "npc_drop_new_ammo" folder) to your STALKER installation folder.

where to get new weapon
-----------------------
You start a new game. When you talk to Wolf, you can get weapons from Wolf.
or you can buy new weapons from Barkeep.

Installation
-----------------------
Extract file, find "gamedata" folder and copy it to your STALKER installation folder.
Don't forget to make backup copy of original "gamedata" folder.

sample video
-----------------------
StrumRuger GP100
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXsof7CLpvg

STALKER: sprint motion for SVD and SVU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmjBhTMdEFw

Special Thanks
-----------------------
SFPS gave me advice , GP100 photo and video.
I appreciate SFPS for help.

credits
-----------------------
SturmRuger GP100
model , texture and animation : gosuke
weapon configuration data : SFPS

SVD and SVU
model, texture and animation : GSC Game World
modified animation : gosuke

GSC Game World
http://www.gsc-game.com/

gosuke
http://arikai.com/stalker/

SFPS
http://weapons-free.com/stalker/

change log
-----------------------
2008/11/23
ver 1.0
first release

Hosting this file at websites is freely.
Feel free to use my mod in your mod,
You don't need to take my permission.
just remember to credit me(gosuke) , SFPS and GSC Game World
EggChen

Re: GP100 and sprint animations... by Gosuke

Postby audioave10 on 08 Dec 2008 07:41

That's great animation and a nice weapon.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby wolfstriked on 21 Dec 2008 08:54

Killer animations!!
Im big on animations and the lack of sprint for SVU/SVD was killing me.Thanks a bunch Gosuke :-bd
wolfstriked

Postby wolfstriked on 22 Dec 2008 05:50

Eggchen,do you think Gosuke could port over animations from beta releases of stalker.Specifically the animation Idle_aim.
If you look at this video youll notice the idle_aim animation looks better.It is in tune with the steps and makes actor appear to bounce up and down.It even changes speed when character changes to walk speed.What we have now is an animation of the gun just bobbing up and down at same speed whether running or walking or standing still.Its all the same animation named differently.It looks especially bad in AK74U weapon as its bobbing faster than other weapons,but still slow and out of sync,so its more noticeable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzeBWNoJ ... re=related

I posted this awhile back at GSC forum but no response as I expected.But since gosuke has magic with animations(Im amazed at the Mosin Nagant) it could be possible.
wolfstriked

Postby EggChen on 22 Dec 2008 20:50

Well he probably could do it, he seems to be one of the best at this sort of thing in Stalker.

However, I doubt he has the time, he mentioned he is currently concentrating on fixing Clear Sky animations, he has moved onto modding that game. Feel free to ask him, he seems a very nice guy, and would be polite even if the response was "no".

I should explain, I don't know him well, I just chanced my arm with a cheeky request, and he did it. The difference with your idea is that it would mean he would need to look at every weapon!! I have to admit, I never noticed in game the problem you mentioned, but will after seeing that video!! We really should all mourn the game Stalker could have been :(
EggChen

Postby wolfstriked on 23 Dec 2008 11:46

Lol,I have to mentally block the animation of weapon bob now.Good news is hes still modding Stalker game!Its got some really good animations and then GSC does this weird removal of the best SOC animation which is the sprinting IMO.Gun now stays straight as you run full speed. :-Q

I love the new Idle animations where the actor raises gun straight up in air and checks his ammo.And of course the NPC's firing OVER obstacles.
wolfstriked

Postby busetibi on 23 Dec 2008 12:09

EggChen wrote: We really should all mourn the game Stalker could have been :(

never a truer word spoken, they had everything in their grasp, ground breaking game that could have turned FPS on its head, but not only did they drop the ball they fkd up a one in a million chance for gamer immortality, then compounded the cluster *uck by releasing CS way before it was ready.
GSC cred= -0

edit;
start rant...
I mean what kind of Troglodytes are running GSC, they totally butched SoC then left the growing fan base out in the breeze by not fixing the game (okay 1.0004 was a good patch, but it didn't fix everything) and we were told as far as they were concerned SoC was a finshed deal and they were concentrating on CS and far to busy to worry/bother with SoC.
so everyone was waiting with baited breath for CS, oh yea baby, they'll get it right this time for sure :-?
benifit of the doubt given, then the release was pushed back because of the comments coming from the RU gamers (CS worse than SoC, heaps of game breaking bugs,quests not working etc) so they patch it and release it...............
so back to my original question..
What kind of Troglodytes are running GSC?
did they learn from SoC ? NO!
did they release a finished, polished game (CS) ? NO!
are the patches they're releasing fixing the game (CS) ? NO!

will I ever buy another GSC product ? NO! X(

end rant.

/takes pills and lies down
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 23 Dec 2008 22:00

wolfstriked wrote:Gun now stays straight as you run full speed. :-Q

That was the first thing I noticed about that game in the pre-release videos... I just muttered "Why?" over and over again...... my other favourite pet hate about that game... the weapon upgrade system!!

"Ok, I'm going to make this gun more accurate... there, done!! I am a ballistics genius and I have the required precision tools to achieve this, even though the big arms manufacturers could not in their high tech factory... \:d/ Of course I found the info on a flash drive about how to do this, who would of have thunked it eh?"

Seriously.... what?? Why? Who thought of that?

busetibi - I feel (and share) your pain buddy!!
EggChen

Postby wolfstriked on 24 Dec 2008 06:08

Lol busettibi....I get that feeling alot also.Eggchen I agree on both the sprint animation and the weapon upgrades.

We need a mod to make it better.No making a gun a super laser or removing all its recoil.Justy stuff like weights added for slightly less recoil at the expense of weapon weighing more.Or a lightening of weapon with some new graphite materials at expense of more rapid degredation.Or a hardened higher strength barrel with less degredation.
wolfstriked

Postby Nightwatch on 24 Dec 2008 14:46

Very true, from the heart words coming from you guys, busetibi, EggChen and wolfstriked. =D> very true indeed.
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Return to Mods & Discussions