Getting Medieval

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Getting Medieval

Postby dke58 on 21 Jan 2009 01:15

Hi, putting together ideas for a S.O.C. mod that aims to add more close combat options to the game.
Swords, Axes, Clubs etc. But before i dive into it would like to ask you all if anyone has tried / failed /succeded in such a mod ?
nothing too over the top, just a bit more variety then the knife.
would greatly appreciate any ideas / comments etc on it as it will be my first attempt at a mod.
also have totaly no experience in making 3D models (but reckon can figure out the scripting) so if any one is interested in making some simple hand-to-hand weapons would like to hear from you to collaborate on this project.

cheers guys.
Keep Stalking
dke58

Re: Getting Medieval

Postby Nightwatch on 21 Jan 2009 01:31

Very good idea :thumbright: STALKER actually missing close combat action, would be great to add that function.

On previous attempts, not as unique as you're planning now, but once MeanderingBeing had been planning to add ChainAxes, ChainSwords, Power Weapons into his STALKER: TAINT mod, but for some time he's nowhere to be seen as it is known.

About 3D art work, I think jamie1992 is quite good on it, he has just posted some 3D stuff on his thread "Show off your 3d models" : http://www.stalkermod.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=176
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby dke58 on 21 Jan 2009 01:41

cool, cheers. will see if jamie up for it, hoping to keep it realistic, so clubs be pretty cpmmon and easy (plenty of bits of wood and metal kickin about in the zone), Axes would be Fire axes and camping hatchets, whilst swords would be pretty rare.
not sure yet if they will use the pistol slot or the knife slot, will have to see if i can figure all the text files out properly, but reckon can suss i out easy enough.
and if can get it to work with no problems plan to approach the Hard-core modders to see about intergrating it into the total conversion mods out there (ie Oblivion Lost, Priboi, Nwesasimbion etc). tho not sure how easy that would be.
Keep Stalking
dke58

Postby shadow_state on 21 Jan 2009 06:14

Hey Bro, cool idea.

Have you seen the Fist Attack mod by Gosuke?

Here is his description of it:
Description
-----------------------
This mod adds Fist attack to STALKER.
Knife attack is changed to fist attack.
Left click is Left jab punch, Right click is Right straight punch.

And the stalker files link:
http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Fist_Attack_Mod;89818

Only thing is, it replaces the knife, rather than adds to it as you want. Do you remember in ABC how in your inventory there was a slot for the knife, and you could change it between normal knife and throwing knifes? Combining these sort of features, I hope your idea will be possible. Go hard.

Shadow.
shadow_state

Postby MeanderingBeing on 12 Apr 2009 12:40

Nightwatch wrote:Very good idea :thumbright: STALKER actually missing close combat action, would be great to add that function.

On previous attempts, not as unique as you're planning now, but once MeanderingBeing had been planning to add ChainAxes, ChainSwords, Power Weapons into his STALKER: TAINT mod, but for some time he's nowhere to be seen as it is known.

About 3D art work, I think jamie1992 is quite good on it, he has just posted some 3D stuff on his thread "Show off your 3d models" : http://www.stalkermod.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=176

I'm all mysterious like that.........
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby priboi on 11 Apr 2011 07:09

Dont call me a noob lol but I wonder if it would be a good idea to add a good melee system in soc, i dont mean like knife fighting but like adding the ablility to smack people with rifle/pistol butts etc...? :-k
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5400
CPU: Intel Pentium 2.20Ghz dualcore
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-G31m-S2L
SPEAKERS: Logitech Z4
DISPLAY: ViewSonic VA1903wmb
SOUND CARD: Realtek HD Audio output
RAM: Transcend 2Gb
priboi

Postby rockingmtranch on 12 Apr 2011 16:12

priboi wrote:Dont call me a noob lol but I wonder if it would be a good idea to add a good melee system in soc, i dont mean like knife fighting but like adding the ablility to smack people with rifle/pistol butts etc...? :-k

If you stand long enough in front of Wolf without lowering your weapon, he will smack the you know what out of you. Some Duty folk will do this also. So it is already a feature in the game but to utilize it may be a different story.
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby MeanderingBeing on 25 Apr 2011 03:45

I've seen plenty of melee combat in SoC. Narodnay Soljanka has plenty of melee combat, everything from fists to knives... In fact, I remember one NPC would sit out in a field in Garbage, playing injured, and when you gave him a medkit he'd punch you, take your gun, and run away... and getting punched in NS isn't nice, it throws your screen around, and your ears ring... anyways, I was so pissed I drew my D.Eagle and gave the asshole a lead-enema.

As for my STALKER Taint mod, I found it easier to put melee weapons in the knife slot. However, I have to say I felt that melee was a bit limited, and I was trying to link different attacks to different buttons on the keyboard. I epic failed, but I was just terrible with scripting. I hope you have more luck with this.
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Return to Mods & Discussions