[REL] Faction Wars

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

[REL] Faction Wars

Postby jamie1992 on 28 Jan 2009 14:47

This mod brings Faction wars to the Soc Zone, all factions are now independent, and will do as they see fit, they will spread around the zone engaging in conflict with other factions over territory, they will do as they see fit, and each play is totaly diffrent, you can have quite a low key game, such as maybe duty and freedom having small skirmishs around each map and some factions spreading around, to it having a huge jump in wackyness, and have the monolith stream in from the north and take over the entire bar area from the stalkers and the duty.

All is possible and all is random, given a small while, the zone will grow into a warzone, at the start it will seem the same, but later on you will notice a HUGE diffrence, and before you think this is some low key faction war spawns, think again, factions maneover troops around the zone in real time, in online and offline mode so if you see monolith in the carpark in cordon, they have traveled through the zone in real time all the way from the north.

Unlike other faction war mods which just spawned a few people, this goes a step further, and unleashes a key aspect of the Stalker Alife in factions, which should have been there from the start of Soc's Design.

And for gods sake, if you have trouble installing, read the read me, its all in there.

Megaupload Mirror: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A0NH3YNK

Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zejart5yjtj

Enjoy.

Feedback Appericiated.
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Re: [REL] Faction Wars

Postby busetibi on 28 Jan 2009 14:59

And for gods sake, if you have trouble installing, read the read me, its all in there.

:))
you expect nymlits to read the readme? =))

kay buddy, I'll grab it tommorow and give it a whirl :)
11:58 PM here atm, got work in 6hrs :(
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 28 Jan 2009 17:44

Jamie can I be the first to annoy you with how the mod works, gets installed and whatever else the other annoying people say when its in the readme? :mozilla_smile: Just feel like annoying you :D

Also for me the megaupload link doesnt give the download just says file is unavaible. Unless its just me then thats a bug straight away before I even download. Other link works though and just downloaded from there. Will play as soon as I can.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 29 Jan 2009 14:39

:-??

just finished Cordon and............
it's mega unbalanced.
why would you have a Loner decked out with an exo suit at the Cordon/Garbage switch going up against bandits who only have bandit armour on??
and dont get me started with the weapons that Duty are carrying, going up against the bandits who only have sawn off shotguns, I realise it's early in the game play and Duty may need the extra fire power later, but the Bandits stand no chance against Duty, I'm just standing back and letting Duty do the work, which is kinda boring (sorry)
game play is smooth, no hits with the rain.
edit:
I'm not having a go at you or anything mate, I couldn't do what you've done (make a mod) but Cordon was a walk in the park
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 29 Jan 2009 15:14

busetibi wrote::-??

just finished Cordon and............
it's mega unbalanced.
why would you have a Loner decked out with an exo suit at the Cordon/Garbage switch going up against bandits who only have bandit armour on??
and dont get me started with the weapons that Duty are carrying, going up against the bandits who only have sawn off shotguns, I realise it's early in the game play and Duty may need the extra fire power later, but the Bandits stand no chance against Duty, I'm just standing back and letting Duty do the work, which is kinda boring (sorry)
game play is smooth, no hits with the rain.
edit:
I'm not having a go at you or anything mate, I couldn't do what you've done (make a mod) but Cordon was a walk in the park

Yep see what ya mean, hence the Update im building, Freeplay and open zone, Balanced factions, and other small updates and fixs etc. Dont worry, i take it as Constructive Critism, dont sweat it mate, you cant offend me anyways, the past years have made me tough, plus even if you had, thats life.

Anyway, yeah ill work on balancing for V1.01. :)
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 02 Mar 2009 01:20

With all due respect to Busetibi, I don't think reality is balanced any
more then your mod. Unless the player-character is unbalanced with the rest of the game, I can see where some would be strong
and some would be weak. I'll try it and see how it feels.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby ket on 02 Mar 2009 02:39

You should limit where Monolith, Freedom and Mercs go.. kinda destroys the point in having to scrounge for better weapons if you can go grab a LR300 off a dead guy in garbage.. plus you can potentially break A LOT of quests.
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 02 Mar 2009 05:50

So far/so good here. These strong weapons aren't in good shape, Sid
only gives crap prices for them, no trader mod, no weight-cheat mod and you still need alot of cash for armor. No good armor can be
found anywhere in Cordon. Sid rarely sells anything better than a
merc suit. No broken quests so far. I say Jamie did a good job.
I'll keep going to see if any issues pop up. :thumbright:
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 03 Mar 2009 00:47

V1.01 Release

Readme

========Title=======

Faction Wars V1.01

========Description========

This mod brings Faction wars to the Soc Zone, all factions are now independent, and will do as they see fit, they will spread around the zone engaging in conflict with other factions over territory, and each play is totaly diffrent, you can have quite a low key game, such as maybe duty and freedom having small skirmishs around each map and some factions spreading around, to it having a huge jump in wackyness, and have the monolith stream in from the north and take over the entire bar area from the stalkers and the duty.

All is possible and all is random, given a small while, the zone will grow into a warzone, at the start it will seem the same, but later on you will notice a HUGE diffrence, and before you think this is some low key faction war spawns, think again, factions maneover troops around the zone in real time, in online and offline mode, unlike other faction war mods which just spawned a few people, this goes a step further, and unleashes a key aspect of the Stalker Alife in factions, which should have been there from the start.

========Extra READ!=======

Modifier: this is used by ZRP, im not sure what options you can edit etc, and keep FW etc stable, however what you change is up to you, theres a god damn huge amount to edit

Optional Folder (Root folder only): Contains extra content which you can use if you so wish to. NOTE: All other optional folders except the main one in the root, are ZRP, only touch my Optional stuff, let the modifier do the rest, my stuff has to be done by hand, the rest isnt so be carefull.

========Changes========

****1st of March 2009****

Total rebuild of Faction Wars ontop of ZRP 1.05 Rc11:

All features of ZRP (ZRP Documents included with mod)

Map Markers (Optional) - Thanks to Gr1ph00n
Timescale 24 and 12 hour (Optional)
New Faction Loadouts
Tweaked Wars (Improvments)
Random Stashes
Faction Selection (All Factions unlocked at end of game, or you can edit faction change script)
Various other additions

****28th of January 2009****

Initial Release

=========Known Issues========

There may be a few bugs and glitchs, if you find any please email me at the address at the bottom.

========Installation========

All you have to do is extract the contents to:

C:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl

That is the Default destination for the installation folder... yours might be diffrent.

NOTE:IF YOU'VE NEVER USED A MOD BEFORE THEN YOU WILL NEED TO DO THE FOLLOWING:

change this line in fsgame.LTX

$game_data$ = false| true| $fs_root$| gamedata\

into:

$game_data$ = true| true| $fs_root$| gamedata\

========Copyright========

This Mod was made free and therefore is meant to be given free so please follow the below guidelines.

You may modify it to your likes.
You may distribute it to anyone or anywhere you like but please let me know.
You may include it into your mods but please ask first and a mention in the credits would be nice.
You MUST NOT charge money for it UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

========Thanks========

ZRP Team - Use Of Zrp 1.05 Rc11
Lee28 - Beat Testing, Support
300000 - Beatm testing
IrishStalker - Beta Testing, Faction Loadouts
Gr1ph00n - PDA Markers
Nandersen & Eggchen - Random Stashes
Atrocious - Faction stuff.

The community i suppose, for putting up with me for the past like....2 years.

========Contact========

Send all bugs, Issues, Ideas or Feedback to the email addresse below

Jamie
(FFN & GSC)(Jamie1992) = robertsjamie@hotmail.co.uk

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nux4ntamltt

Leave Feedback, etc etc.
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 03 Mar 2009 01:13

Looks good Jay, smart move rebuilding it ontop of ZRP.
ZRP should be the base for any new mod.

Will try this one day if I ever get bored of GTA IV!!
EggChen

Postby jamie1992 on 03 Mar 2009 01:18

EggChen wrote:Looks good Jay, smart move rebuilding it ontop of ZRP.
ZRP should be the base for any new mod.

Will try this one day if I ever get bored of GTA IV!!

Indeed, it sure should be, makes the game ALOT more stable also, and is very nicely tweaked to give it a new feel, but still keeping the old aspects so to speak, anyway thanks for the kind words. (Y)

And yeah, GTA 4 is pretty cool. :)
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 03 Mar 2009 05:30

I restarted the mod after the 1.01 update and used many of the ZRP
tweaks. Stable...Good Job Jamie! ZRP improves so many aspects of
the game - like stashes & quests.
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 04 Mar 2009 01:54

Very good job, jamie :salute:
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Ultradad on 04 Mar 2009 20:36

Hello there :thumbright:

Great job on this jamie :salute: , having a great time, the new version is alot better balanced =D> . Having a little break from spanking controllers in Simbion so i though i would try this out for a bit :mozilla_smile:

I forgot how hard the game is without 10 artifacts and a nano suite :)) . Its the weight limit i find the hardest but i am adjusting to it. The quests working great and everything is a good challenge. I just found out that the military can climb the little ladder onto the roof of complex at agroprom, now that made me jump when they killed me =))
Mobo: P35 DS4 r1.1 Bios 14
CPU: E6300@3.75 Ghz
Memory: OCZ Gold Edition 4GB @ 5,5,5,15
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Fatality and DR100 Headphones
Graphics Card : Asus 5770
Power Supply: Corsair 550 Modular
Case: Lian Li PC +3
Monitor: SyncMaster 226bw
O/S: Windows 7 64 Bit
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Return to Mods & Discussions