NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Postby rockingmtranch on 23 Apr 2011 21:07

Hangman wrote:I've not managed to play this yet, so here comes a (likely) stupid question.
Will you consider putting the Monolithian voices from COP into NEWSA? I know some people don't like the whole "emotionless" thing about the Monolithians, but personally, I love it. It makes them so much more imposing and alien in nature.
Also - I've moved house since I was last active here, and I've got a decent connection. Yay.

Edit - Rushed spelling, damn it.

Isn't damnit one word? :mozilla_wink: Typos bug me too B-) I always have to fix them.
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby Hangman on 24 Apr 2011 13:06

rockingmtranch wrote:Isn't damnit one word? :mozilla_wink:

Not always, unless you're not speaking British English.

I love the increased difficulty too. I'm playing in veteran, and an enemy is actually a threat in this mod. love it. Also, I found Friar first night in game, I now have a handy free gun with common ammo.
Glory to the holy Monolith, we shall abide in it's radiance forever.
The gloried crystal, through the arms of believers, Shall cleanse all those without true faith from the zone.
It is the greatest honour to be allowed in it's presence, let alone within it's very Home.
Pay homage to your benefactors.
Hangman

Postby rockingmtranch on 24 Apr 2011 16:06

Hangman wrote:
rockingmtranch wrote:Isn't damnit one word? :mozilla_wink:

Not always, unless you're not speaking British English.

I love the increased difficulty too. I'm playing in veteran, and an enemy is actually a threat in this mod. love it. Also, I found Friar first night in game, I now have a handy free gun with common ammo.

I love it when I run into Friar early on. Was he in Dark Valley? That's his usual haunt but I've run into him in Garbage, Bar, and near home base.
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby Nightwatch on 24 Apr 2011 17:52

I'll check the Monolith voices in CoP to see if they'll blend fine with the atmosphere and all. Also, Veteran, novice, master choices would not make any real difference in this mod, as it's designed to be a "out-of-the-box" hard-core game, everyone plays master settings; the real "difficulty changes" are set with the chosen mode of the mod during the installation, e.g. Horror-Lite, Extreme, etc. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Hangman on 24 Apr 2011 20:20

rockingmtranch wrote:I love it when I run into Friar early on. Was he in Dark Valley? That's his usual haunt but I've run into him in Garbage, Bar, and near home base.

He got involved in the whole "save nimble" incident. Shortly before a Merc hunting party showed up in cordon, almost like they were after him for something.
His death got posted to the PDA too, something about being chewed up by a shotgun.(love that feature)

Nightwatch wrote:I'll check the Monolith voices in CoP to see if they'll blend fine with the atmosphere and all. Also, Veteran, novice, master choices would not make any real difference in this mod, as it's designed to be a "out-of-the-box" hard-core game, everyone plays master settings; the real "difficulty changes" are set with the chosen mode of the mod during the installation, e.g. Horror-Lite, Extreme, etc. :mozilla_smile:

Awesome. My grasp of Russian is close to their ability to speak it, so we get on pretty well. (speaking of which, am I able to join them once I'm past the main quest?) Forced difficulty combat? This is just what we need to thin out the "easy mob". I'm playing Full horror, and loving it.
The gloried crystal, through the arms of believers, Shall cleanse all those without true faith from the zone.
It is the greatest honour to be allowed in it's presence, let alone within it's very Home.
Hangman

Postby 3040Krag on 24 Apr 2011 23:17

I'm jealous, in about 20 play-throughs of NEWSA-Simbion I've never even seen Friar, let alone get the privilege of "trading" with him.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 25 Apr 2011 16:25

3040Krag wrote:I'm jealous, in about 20 play-throughs of NEWSA-Simbion I've never even seen Friar, let alone get the privilege of "trading" with him.

Most of the time, he's dead. Somewhere. And someone else takes the rifle. I've found it on many different NPC's. It is recognizable so sometimes you see someone with it and have to ambush them. The rifle is worth it.
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 25 Apr 2011 18:29

One has noticed a nice little feature. There One would sell to some NPC's, the more money they would have when returning to them. Was that an intentional feature, if so, would it be possible to replicate it in some other mod.
THE DEDICATED, CERTIFIED RESIDENT MADMAN
There is no such thing as innocence in the ZONE, only degrees of guilt.
CAN YOU FEEL THE TRANQUILLITY OF THE ZONE
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
We are shaped by fate, just as we shape it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
Akir man yamut malak al-mut
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 25 Apr 2011 20:41

DARK TEMPLAR, as the NPCs continue to trade offline, their money and inventories increase over the time, most of the time. Xray actually is a very powerful engine, and the employed AI (Xstream) is phenomenal. :mozilla_smile:

Hangman, evidence shows that it is rather quite difficult to join the ranks of Bandits, as satisfying the preconditions is on, somewhat, a slippery path.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 25 Apr 2011 21:59

Never noticed it in any other mod's or in vanilla, even a few others that had xstream's ai .
THE DEDICATED, CERTIFIED RESIDENT MADMAN
There is no such thing as innocence in the ZONE, only degrees of guilt.
CAN YOU FEEL THE TRANQUILLITY OF THE ZONE
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
We are shaped by fate, just as we shape it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
Akir man yamut malak al-mut
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 26 Apr 2011 00:10

DARK TEMPLAR wrote:One has noticed a nice little feature. There One would sell to some NPC's, the more money they would have when returning to them. Was that an intentional feature, if so, would it be possible to replicate it in some other mod..
Nightwatch wrote:DARK TEMPLAR, as the NPCs continue to trade offline, their money and inventories increase over the time, most of the time. Xray actually is a very powerful engine, and the employed AI (Xstream) is phenomenal. :mozilla_smile:

DARK TEMPLAR wrote:Never noticed it in any other mod's or in vanilla, even a few others that had xstream's ai .

I can't possibly speak about other mods of course, but this is an applied feature in this mod. It finds its meaning through the Symbiotic character, integrated progressive logic/development function of this mod. :mozilla_smile: It comes to life utilizing the powers of Xray engine and Xstream's AI along with Russo's ABC's progressive logic.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Hangman on 26 Apr 2011 00:39

Nightwatch wrote:Hangman, evidence shows that it is rather quite difficult to join the ranks of Bandits, as satisfying the preconditions is on, somewhat, a slippery path.

I must apologise for my vague use of words there, I meant to ask if I will be able to join the Monolith clan at any point in the game?
Hangman

Postby Nightwatch on 26 Apr 2011 23:51

Sorry, joining Monolith ranks wouldn't be possible, as tried to keep the mod as true as possible to GSC's storyline. Monolith is the ultimate enemy in original game, whether I like it or not :mozilla_smile: However, I remember there must be a mod that allows the player to play the as a Monolith soldier.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Hangman on 27 Apr 2011 12:07

I was wondering whether it was a default in this mod, thanks for the info!
I'm a fairly proficient modder, so I have to ask, can I modify my install of NS, provided I don't share anything I create?
No points for guessing what I intend. :D
Hangman

Postby Nightwatch on 28 Apr 2011 22:27

It's your own installation, after all. Though, as you would know from my notes in the previous pages, I should remind you that I discourage users to make alterations in the files for the sake of stability of the game (already walking on a thin line with more than 4 times of the intended weight on Xray) as most of the functions and features (including even those small things like some armors, weapon systems, etc) are governed by scripts operating remotely from separate, seemingly unrelated files, which in turn themselves are being checked by others to calculate some other functions. It's a spiders net! It's more to do knowing the details of all labyrinths in 3d environment, rather than the question of being a good modder or not. :mozilla_smile:
But it's your game, however, in case of alterations being performed in your own game, support would be rather impossible to provide.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Re: RE Mod using XRAY SDK

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 24 Jun 2012 02:29

HIJACK!! Hey NW, long time no see..... got some time on my hands, always roll back to Stalker!
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Re: RE Mod using XRAY SDK

Postby Nightwatch on 25 Jun 2012 15:47

fiznerpin1962 wrote:HIJACK!! Hey NW, long time no see..... got some time on my hands, always roll back to Stalker!

Hey there, fiznerpin1962, :mozilla_smile: how you doing buddy? Yeah, SoC (particularly when even more enhanced with mods) still rocks the ground. Still one of the best atmospheric, hardest game (on steroid mods :mozilla_wink: ) with one of the still best AI around.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Vizze on 29 Jul 2012 20:47

hey there :) I'm not really active in this forum, but I've had some very fun times playing your mod. Soo here it comes: Any news in regard to 3.1 ? You wrote your ideas about the patch and all. Would like to get my hands on it.

Cheers !
Vizze

Postby Nightwatch on 30 Jul 2012 21:18

Thanks Vizze, your comments are really appreciated. In regard to patch 3.1, well, as the personal life has brought some matters needed to be dealt with, the completion of the patch for "release-ready" has inevitably entered a slower path; but, the wheels are definitely turning and the release day should not be too far. Quite soon hopefully.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions