NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Postby Nightwatch on 22 Dec 2010 11:59

Thanks Component Actual for your detailed views on the Sky4CE 2.0 RC 4.1 run on this mod and in general, it's been very useful. :thumbright:

|On the helicopters question, no, I'm afraid that that file doesn't affect the chopper that you mention. There are several files on this mod for seemingly same items at times, governing various variations and sometimes various aspects of those things. They do not necessarily carry the ...helicopter, ...dog, ...zombi,... stalker, etc. Some functions are determined from files that may seem no relation to the governed item. This is a fundamental inheritance from the multi layered structure of AMK and ABC mods and continued from that principle. Therefore, vanilla style approaches to alter this and the main ingredient mods (even in singular, not in this embedded multi-mod structure) quite often lead to rather unexpected results.

The helicopter in Garbage is functioning very well, its immunity is not set ti immortal, it can be shot down; but, the gameplay over there requires the player to escape from that chopper, as if dropped into an area, under-armed and facing an attack helicopter... it's a survival test. However, I have later introduced an RPG and a few rounds for it for players who wish to have a bit easier ride over there, and this current approach (after tweaked even further) will be moved to Xtreme++ version that's on the making at the moment.

Garbage RPG help file has been offered to (at this stage) forum member player) by an attachment to one of earlier posts. It may be difficult to find it among the posts now, given the number of pages that this thread runs.
If you give me an hour or two, at my first available time, I'll go into my Hard Drive and post that file again , attaching to this post as a small edit. That may help you a bit more, should you wish to challenge the Garbage high-grade Attack Chopper, though, escape is the best answer. :mozilla_smile: So, check this post again please later again.

Answers to other immunity questions are the same as that of to the chopper immunity questions. Not always a single file governs such things and not always from file(s) that appear to carry the name that relates the subject. :mozilla_wink: It's a labyrinth, I'm afraid. :mozilla_smile: At most cases, the developing unwanted effects can only be recovery by the re-installation of the original structure.

----------
----------

EDIT: here it comes.
RPG Add vs Garbage-Heli micro-patch :mozilla_smile: is now attached to this post. It can be downloaded and dropped into the STALKER directory, a small Readme explains this process as well, if needed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Wombat_70 on 29 Dec 2010 13:03

A Very Happy New Year Stalkers,

I've just restarted playing Stalker NEWSA again, can't keep away from it :mozilla_smile:
I have a problem, when accepting the very first side task from Sidorovic I get crash to the desktop

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line : 73
[error]Description : <no expression>
[error]Arguments : LUA error: ...ow of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\task_manager.script:485: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

stack trace:

Any idea what's happening? this is a new install patched to v1004 on Windows 7 .

Cheers
All hope abandon ye who enter here.
May the Zone be with you.
Wombat_70

Postby Nightwatch on 29 Dec 2010 18:57

Hi Wombat_70, A very Happy New Year to you, too. :mozilla_smile:
Well, the easiest option to deal such situations is to re-install the mod (choosing the same mode of the gameplay as the current one) after deleting the gamedata folder. In this case, saves will still remain usable.

If the problem still persist, then the possibility comes into the equation that the saves might've corrupted. To answer this, you may try loading one of the previous saves; also -if seeing that this doesn't work either, or don't want to do it all again at some extent- you can just delay receiving the side mission for the time being that you refer to, and then in a later entrance to the area you may try receiving again.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Wombat_70 on 30 Dec 2010 04:21

Thank you for your advice nightwatch I will try your suggestions.

I hope all that cold weather is not affecting you and your family to much, we are on 34*c at the moment and could do with a bit less heat, huge floods in
Queensland and bush fires in Western Australia, Nature's gone mad all over the world.

Cheers
Wombat_70

Postby Wombat_70 on 30 Dec 2010 14:39

Hi nightwatch

just to let you know that reinstalling newsa did the trick just as you suggested thank you again
Wombat_70

Re: Stalker + mods + no-cd not working

Postby mimic on 30 Dec 2010 15:47

3040Krag wrote:The best way to get more zombies than you can ever count is to install NEWSA.

Sounds good, but i already played through the game about5-6 times, and now i just want to focus on running around and kill stuff, not do gameplay missions (side-quests are ok).
That is why i asked about how to increase number of spawned zombies and increase spawn rate.

I might still give newsa a try
mimic

Postby Nightwatch on 30 Dec 2010 17:20

Glad to hear that the problem has been solved, Wombat_70 :mozilla_smile: And thanks for updating the news and letting us know :-bd

Weather... that's true as you say, the nature has gone wild recently all over the world. Southern US, those sticky hot states are snow covered, California struggling with floods, we in the UK and the Europe fighting against blizzards, in a semi-permanent state of living with flu. Where's my hot tea? :D
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby mimic on 30 Dec 2010 20:22

Ok, my fingers are burning since i visited the NEWSA+Simbion site, and want to play it. I am downloading it as i write these words, but as stated in my other post, and after reading the related thread/webpage, i realize that i don't want to start a game from scratch (i will install the professional game version), since i have had problems doing the npp (getting there). Would it be possible for some of you stalker crazies to send me a save file with the best weapons and armors, and the game finished, so i can go have some fun shooting zombies and choppers...

If not, i guess i could do it, but then i'd like one of the creater to tell me how i could make myself invincible to run through the game in 6th gear and have some fun after that.

tnx

BTW, will my pc be able to run it?
it is a laptop, Acer Aspire 7730G, stats:

Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz (T5800)
GeForce 9600M GS Turbocache (up to 1791 MB)
4 GB DDR2
mimic

Postby mimic on 31 Dec 2010 02:14

Why can't I edit posts?

So i tried NEWSA, got killed at the very start, car park..., dang this mod is hard!!

So yes, i'd really appreciate if someone could blitz it for me so i can focus on killing stuff later.
mimic

Postby Nightwatch on 31 Dec 2010 13:17

mimic, editing time is limited to 5 hours, which is quite sufficient to make corrections/additions to a post without changing its nature too much; otherwise, with longer editing options, the answers given to the post start losing their relevance if the poster changes his post long after the answers. However, it's always possible to make another post ( as you did) to eleborate on the previous post or let others to ignore it, etc. :mozilla_smile:

On NEWSA, glad to see you trying the mod :mozilla_smile: ; and, yes, it IS very hard, it's the characteristic of this word that it aims to create a real hard-core gaming experience.
I would recommend and prefer that you take a long walk in the mod, so to speak, and see it from the beginning to the end; though it's hard, it will feel rather friendly :mozilla_wink: along the road as you get used to it, as it's well-balanced while creating (one of the) ultimate hard-core gaming experiences.
However, if you ask ready saves from other friends here, it's up to you of course, but in some cases there may be problems as some saves may not be quite a match with your system. Other than that, your laptop is at the border-line situation to play this mod. I'd say. RAM is good, CPU may pull it if not pushed too hard, but the whole set-up is prone to develop glitches if pushed hard with this mod. Try lower settings and see how it goes from there.
EggChen's Cinematic Explosion effects alone are very demanding on the GPU and it's just one of the things. This mod brings (attempts) to already demanding Xray engine to racing-car modding standards, which require a lot of raw power of course. PSU is one of the things in this equation, which laptops do not fair quite competitive by their nature.

I do not currently (readily available) saves that I can offer to you if you still want to go through this road, as my current saves are based on various NEW all.spawns for the new patch and new version of the mod which are on the work-table at the moment.

Other guys may have suitable saves for you. Post it again, if it's not noticed among the posts.

But, I'm afraid this is not one of those mods that you can make yourself immortal (or any other important creature/NPC in that effect) and expect all will be fine. :mozilla_smile: No, not possible, the whole mod based on SYMBIOSIS -multiple level logical interaction between elements- and such changes cause natural earthquakes in the mod. :mozilla_smile:

There are some mini mods around, I believe, that adds a lot of zombies in the vanilla STALKER, that may be also useful for you.

PS: I'll be moving these couple of posts to NEWSA thread in a few hours time, as the subject from a point onwards started to have more relation with NEWSA.SIMBION_T.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby mimic on 08 Jan 2011 04:52

Hi Nightwatch

Happy new year to everyone, let's hope it will be a crazy one in the zone!

as i stated in my previous post, i find NEWSA really hard, so i tried a little tweak, i changed the actor.ltx so that a hit would do less damage (i did this in the hope of getting to Sakharov quickly to get all the level changers so i can start freeroaming anywhere i want).

i do come up with a probelm now, when entering the bar area, right before i have to turn left to enter the first building, after the checkpoint, i get a CDT. i'm not talking to anyone, just walking to get to the barkeep. i lowered all the options incase i ran out of memory, as you stated the my system would be borderline to run the mod, but it still crashed. could the tweak be the reason for this? or is it something else? maybe if someone explains me another route, as it happened also in garbage when i came back from agroprom, but instead of going through the factory, i went around and it didn't crash. i tried making a save before the crash, and neither the autosave nor the hardsave will let me pass.
mimic

Postby Nightwatch on 10 Jan 2011 16:45

My earlier post to a similar question on the interconnected working dynamics of this mod and the effects of any changing attempts in this regard still stands, I wouldn't like to cause headaches to anyone by posting it once again.
Also, this particular mod is not quite laptop friendly, I'm afraid; demanding games are never so on laptops anyway, there are always obstacles and limitations to deal with on laptops. Having said that, and possibly coupling with this assessment, the activity around the 100 rads Bar and in the whole area is rather too intense; dozens of multiple faction NPCs -and in fact various mutantsas well- fight it out at multiple points at the same time online and off-line. The situation is usually rather like benchmarking the X-Ray engine at the extreme.
And if a Horror-Time also hits then the test becomes a real one to pass. Having a laptop over there does not help your chances.
Anyway, to be able to offer a bit more specific answer, please post the crash log, the part of it just after it says: Fatal Error; not the whole file.
You can find it (a text document) possibly (depending how your laptop directory is configured) on "C:\Documents and Settings\Public\Documents\STALKER-SHOC\logs\xray_user.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 21 Jan 2011 12:58

One has not been keeping track lately(for ages really) so to clarify, how many small fixes are there for the base 3.0?
THE DEDICATED, CERTIFIED RESIDENT MADMAN
There is no such thing as innocence in the ZONE, only degrees of guilt.
CAN YOU FEEL THE TRANQUILLITY OF THE ZONE
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
We are shaped by fate, just as we shape it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
Akir man yamut malak al-mut
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 21 Jan 2011 14:07

Going to make yet another run through the Zone. It has definitely been a while, it seems I am going to have real issues with the whirlybirds, according to what I have been following. - not even sure what patch version is best for NEWSA..... :-?? Better do some more reading. :-?
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 21 Jan 2011 15:14

- I just noticed something (better late than never, I guess). The 9mm pistol in NEWSA is an exact replica of my Smith & wesson 9mm Sigma! :-bd hmmm... wonder how that happened.....
-now we need a Mosin-Nagant M30 or a Yugoslovian SKS added to NEWSA to add to my personal collection ;) that darn 7.62X54R Mosin of mine has punched halfway through a 1 inch thick steel disc - what a weapon!
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 21 Jan 2011 21:16

DARK TEMPLAR wrote:One has not been keeping track lately(for ages really) so to clarify, how many small fixes are there for the base 3.0?

Great to see you keep the interest, :thumbright: , actually version 3.0 currently has one patch (that if you need it) : Mid Resolution PC Inventory Help. You can install it on top of any play-modes that you may choose, as it's graphical/texture patch, universal over the mod.

fiznerpin1962 wrote:Going to make yet another run through the Zone. It has definitely been a while, it seems I am going to have real issues with the whirlybirds, according to what I have been following. - not even sure what patch version is best for NEWSA..... :-?? Better do some more reading. :-?

Seeing you keeping your enthusiasm in the mod is again great news, :thumbright: The mod was prepared and tested on 1.0004 patch, although a 1.0005 patch converter comes included with the download pack. I should nevertheless add that, for information, on 1.0005 patch, the mod was not tested as extensively as done on 1.0004 patch.

fiznerpin1962 wrote:- I just noticed something (better late than never, I guess). The 9mm pistol in NEWSA is an exact replica of my Smith & wesson 9mm Sigma! :-bd hmmm... wonder how that happened.....
-now we need a Mosin-Nagant M30 or a Yugoslovian SKS added to NEWSA to add to my personal collection ;) that darn 7.62X54R Mosin of mine has punched halfway through a 1 inch thick steel disc - what a weapon!

hah hah he :D Same as your S&W? That's spooky!

You say your 7.62X54R Mosin punched halfway through a 1 inch thick steel? One word: Wow! :-o Hats off to Mosin :thumbright:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 22 Jan 2011 09:23

Tho One has been lingering in the shadows for a while now, One is not entirely lost yet. One's proximity is still best to be avoided in the ZONE.
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 23 Jan 2011 04:12

Damn. Somebody get a fix for stuck Mole @ Agroprom - again with that crap! So, so tired of trying to get him to work (or killing him.... too much work!)
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 23 Jan 2011 10:13

Ond does not remember if these have been adressed or not but the ''recover the document'' for wolf and that ''artefact'' task for nimble seem to be bugged, tried the usual drill of reloading, leaving and reentering area, even exited the game, alas still missing.

But as for the extreme proffesional mode :thumbright: , might be because one has been away for too long but one hasn't felt so inadequete for a long time.
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions