NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Postby Ultradad on 17 Aug 2010 21:31

Hello there :thumbright:

I found a handy way to increase memory usage in the stalker game and has seemed to help the larger mods as well, i have Newsa using 3.8g of my 4 g of memory since this little tweak 8-[

Download NTcore from here http://www.ntcore.com/exsuite.php and install it. What you do then is right click your stalker exe usualy XR_3DA.exe then click on open with CFF Explorer. Click on file header then click on the part that says click here. Now tick the box that says (app can handle >2g address space), click ok then save it somewhere then copy and paste it inplace of stalker exe then reboot the machine. I am using windows 7 and from what i have read it helps alot of games doing that as well as stalker, like Railroads, oblivion etc :-bd I have posted 2 screenshots of what i mean to incease memory usage

Afer you right click stalker and open with CFF http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/pictureone.png
When you click file heade and then click on click here you will see this http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/picture2.png
And a picture of memory usage :-bd http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/Memoeyusage37g.jpg

I also increased my memory usage for game through BGCedit and followed the instuctions there, here is the link http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2676-bcdedit-how-use.html. I did this mainly for Sid Meilers Railroads and had no more crashes and have changed the exe of all games i play for max memory usage, i hope it helps you guys out as well :thumbright: Here is a better link that goes into more detail on what to do http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89138, hope this is more helpful

Ps dont foget if using BGCedit right click console and use as admin or it wont change the values :D
Mobo: P35 DS4 r1.1 Bios 14
CPU: E6300@3.75 Ghz
Memory: OCZ Gold Edition 4GB @ 5,5,5,15
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Fatality and DR100 Headphones
Graphics Card : Asus 5770
Power Supply: Corsair 550 Modular
Case: Lian Li PC +3
Monitor: SyncMaster 226bw
O/S: Windows 7 64 Bit
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 23 Aug 2010 23:12

Nice guide, Ultradad. Unfortunately for me, "app can handle >2g address space" is already ticked. Since I've never tweaked the .exe, this appears to have been set on install.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby Hangman on 24 Sep 2010 01:15

Hey, I'm waaayy behind on mods these days(who knew running without a forum for a year could leave you in the dust eh?) and I'm looking to get ahold of NEWSA+SIMBION (for awesomeness). I've a few questions first:

1)What format's the download in? I can only Download .rar or 7z compreesion formats, the Nazi firewall I'm behind won't let me download zips.
2)What's the filesize? I'm not too worried about that, I'm just wondering about the time frame I'll need to set aside to download such a monster of a mod.
3)Although I'm working on it, I'm currently unable to get the gamerspedia because I'm filtered to hell(under the category "weapons" would you believe?) so are there any mirrors I could try my luck with?

Edit: anyone? I'm going offline in about 45 minutes and likely won't be back for about two weeks
Glory to the holy Monolith, we shall abide in it's radiance forever.
The gloried crystal, through the arms of believers, Shall cleanse all those without true faith from the zone.
It is the greatest honour to be allowed in it's presence, let alone within it's very Home.
Pay homage to your benefactors.
Hangman

Postby 3040Krag on 24 Sep 2010 03:24

3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby Hangman on 24 Sep 2010 03:32

Bugger, all three of those sites are behind the firewall.
So much for freedom of information huh? =D>
The gloried crystal, through the arms of believers, Shall cleanse all those without true faith from the zone.
It is the greatest honour to be allowed in it's presence, let alone within it's very Home.
Hangman

Postby Balious on 30 Sep 2010 09:42

As NEWSA still works for me I thought I have a game going of this. Sure has been a long while since I played NEWSA. I forgot how annoying those helicopters can be #-o

Don't think it was wise either to put it on Extreme again either :mozilla_smile:

I so far only have one crash so far but don't exactly have the fatal error so can't exactly post that. But I was talking to one of the Loners that starts with Petruha (after saving Nimble) as both the Loners with Petruha were following me due to the look after during the shooting companion system thing. The Loner was pointing a gun due to dogs running around the car park and as the whole speech talk was about to open I crashed.

I believe the error was talking about a missing file of the hello.dialog or something like that. I will look through some pages see if I can find this error but I don't recall seeing it posted here.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 30 Sep 2010 14:41

It must be a glitch, if you're sure about remembering the error-message, then the engine must've failed to load an XML file. Well, particularly in the light of the ongoing problems that you are facing with other mods, as on your Mods Problems thread, it may (or may not :mozilla_smile: )still be connected with those underlying problems. Anyway, it may not either, for XRay is known to have some occasional glitches.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Balious on 30 Sep 2010 18:06

I don't actually think this has anything to do with the problems I am having with other mods and as you said just a glitch. Haven't played STALKER after that error so I will see if it happens again or so.

Edit:
On a different side note. I know this mod isn't compatible with any other mod but I was wondering does this include skins? Can I for example install a skin that changes the Spas 12 to look a different colour or so?
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 30 Sep 2010 18:50

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : !phrase_dialog->m_PhraseVector.empty()
[error]Function : CPhraseDialog::SayPhrase
[error]File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrGame\PhraseDialog.cpp
[error]Line : 140
[error]Description : No available phrase to say, dialog[dm_hello_dialog]

stack trace:

Managed to get the error again. Same cause not too sure if it was the same loner or not though.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 30 Sep 2010 19:34

seems to be something really messing up your PC. "hello_dialog" is perfectly OK dialog, (almost) all stalkers use it, otherwise all of of those stalkers would give crashes, which means almost everyone that you try to speak around you everywhere. It comes/called from character_dialogs.xml, which is operationally safe.

Engine seemed glitched on some point, failing to load a file, or, something messes your PC, particularly on STALKER play. You have not answered that question, is there any (old residue or new one) cracks involved on the game? Anyway, might be a contamination on the files, leaking into Stalker directory; on this note, this could be true for the gamedata as well, so, please delete the gamedata and reinstall NEWSA if you want to continue playing of course. It wouldn't affect any saves, you can continue from you've left.

On the other question: if you can properly change the skin, yes skins can be changed. All necessary formats must remain the same as you'd know.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Balious on 30 Sep 2010 22:19

Strange as talking to any other NPC that wasn't following me was fine. Oh well the Loner that was following me died a horrible death anyway.
Thanks for all the helpful information you been giving me :mozilla_smile:

Reinstalled NEWSA but soon I will be going onto Windows 7 starting completely from fresh with the same computer specs (apart from having 4GB memory). Will talk more about this on my mod problems thread.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Hangman on 15 Oct 2010 00:00

Are there any alternate places I can get hold of this mod? I'm (still) under a firewall with half-baked restrictions, so some sites are fine, but not others.

edit - also, zips and exe's are blocked, but not .rars or 7z. A place that works for me is dump.ru(I got hold of the old beta garbage and dead city from there)
Hangman

Postby Nightwatch on 15 Oct 2010 00:56

Aren't you in New Zealand? I wouldn't expect that New Zealand would block western servers. Anyway, maybe the computers in the place where you are staying/working are set like that, I'd assume. Except the Sendspace.com, the other two servers, Rapidshare and FileFactory are working at the time I'm writing this post. The mod in Rapidshare and FileFactory are Z-zips but they are 7Zip-SFX files, which are self-unzipping files.
That's strange that your firewall stopping these files. I have the most powerful consumer firewall and additional a hardware firewall, they do not do that. You may need to check the settings of your firewall maybe to allow exe files. Otherwise, you can't download any software at all. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Hangman on 15 Oct 2010 01:24

Not a country wide block, but a location based one - I'm currently sitting in the shadow of a nazi proxy server controlled by a power tripper. I'm lucky this site hasn't been rated for including anything apparently evil ](*,)
the keyword "Personal network storage" is blocked, so that rules out popular file sharing networks...
You might be interested to know, your site(gamerspedia) is blocked for "Weapons".
Hangman

Postby Nightwatch on 15 Oct 2010 01:33

If you don't mind me asking, but are you in prison (this is life, things happen) or in a boarding school -well, not much difference there anyway, lol. Otherwise, it shouldn't be too difficult, I'd assume, that you could go and download it (and anything else as well) from a friend's house?
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Hangman on 15 Oct 2010 01:49

Neither, The only reliable internet in my small town(peak population 1200) is the school, so i'm stuck with their bullstuff while I'm in this part of the country. Yes, the town is full of rednecks. I came here for the clean environment, and as can be expected, the rednecks are the 'force majoris' in the town. My own shaky connection runs at approximately 20 NZcents per Mb, complete with the speed of a dead turtle. So here I am.
I will try the friend theory, loathe as I am to ask these kind of things of others.
Hangman

Postby Nightwatch on 15 Oct 2010 02:02

Yeah, I see the situation you're in. Hang in there a few more day for the download. Sendspace one was (should be) a normal (non-SFX, non-self-unzipping) 7zip folder. File link is not working. Because it's too big, hosts sometimes find it suitable for them remove such big files to open up space for themselves and/or try to force you to buy premium pass. Anyway, I'll upload the mod there. or somewhere else as the 3rd download link, which will feature normal 7zip compressed folder. The others are self-unzipping ones, for not everybody who wants to play STALKER mods do have Winzip to unzip or when it's 7zip, they don't have 7zip software either; and some don't want to have it. So self unzipping is good, but for those in your situation, a non-self-unzipping (which does not come with exe extension) folder is (well, was) always available. I'll upload it again. It may take a few days to get to it, I'm very busy. :mozilla_smile: I'll let it known when it's ready.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Hangman on 15 Oct 2010 02:13

What's the filesize? I know it's in the realm of hundreds of MB, but beyond that I'm unsure.
had a look at sendspace, got this:
Filter List Rejection Page
The requested URL has been blocked by category filtering because it is in the categories: Messaging, Personal Network Storage.

could you provide a direct link to an existing file(URL ending in NEWSA_SIMBION.7z or similar)? I might be able to bypass the filters with a Right click-Download.
Cheers for all the help man, it's good to see a community with spirit.
Hangman

Postby 3040Krag on 15 Oct 2010 05:02

All STALKERS have spirit. Some (like Nightwatch) have more than others. There will be found a way, even if it involves a flash drive and the postal service ;)
3040Krag
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions