A head's up

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

A head's up

Postby Kaidonni on 26 Mar 2009 00:20

Just in case no one here knows yet, Filefront is deciding to suspend site operations on 30th March for an indefinite period of time. So, that means any Stalker files found there...well, you do the math. Not sure if it's just for Stalker, or the entire site. It looks like it's the entire site. This is bad for everyone. I mean, I get the Stalker patches from there, and I've got mods for other games from there, not just Stalker. Heaps of files on there, it's going to cause a ruckus.

Of course, this has an upside - Nightwatch won't have to put up with them deleting his files on a regular basis any more. Just one last time, and that's it. The pain will be over. =))

http://farewell.filefront.com/
Kaidonni
Resident

Re: A head's up

Postby Nightwatch on 26 Mar 2009 01:14

Yup, this is affirmative. I've got the same notice on my page as well. It was getting difficult to manage files there anyway. They haven't allowed photo embedding from their sites unlike mediafire and photobucket, etc, and they have started a policy of deleting (particularly quite large files like mine) and in a way forcing you to consider paid hosting. So people have started running away from there I think.

On the other hand, it has of course had some good pints, too, like allowing files with over 100 Mb to be hosted on their site and offering easy download facility to everybody without forcing people to register with them.

In the end, from a wider perspective, it's a loss for the gaming community,that's for sure. This is another victim of global economic crisis as they put it.

I need to find somewhere else to host a set up file around 300Mb.

I have a few photographs, I need to download them as well.

Well, goodbye filefront. You'll be missed.
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby audioave10 on 26 Mar 2009 09:32

I will miss you Filefront...

"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 02 Apr 2009 05:37

Well, it seems that Filefront is fully back now. I guess they found
some bailout money somewhere. :-\
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 02 Apr 2009 15:47

Yup, as its seems so. That's great news. No matter that have made me (and many others) angry in the past for various reasons -this was inevitable part of life, nothing goes easy, anyway- they have been very useful for gaming and modding community alone. I'm sure they will even now prove this even much better as the original owners have acquired Filefront. :thumbright:

They say it's not an April 1 joke. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Return to Mods & Discussions