S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: SoC L.U.R.K mod

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: SoC L.U.R.K mod

Postby Kenshito on 01 Jun 2009 23:10

All credit for this description goes to Holden, the project leader, I am just a fan =P
Its a Copy paste from here L.U.R.K. on moddb , their main site is L.U.R.K. mod please go visit them for more info,media and screenshots

L.U.R.K.: Overhaul

Description:

The L.U.R.K. team wants to provide the best possible experience from Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl, we don't plan to skew the scope of this game, because I, like many others, fell in love with the game because of the story, the realistic gameplay, and the atmosphere. I plan to preserve and improve on that concept to the best of my abilities, and our team has vowed to do so as well. Which is why we took it upon ourselves to provide that experience.

We want to fulfill a niche that's otherwise unfulfilled in the modding community. We want to bring as many features to Stalker without damaging or changing the original theme of the game. While improving upon that concept with features that were dropped off the development cycle from GSC, such as stealth AI, and a strong foundation for balance, as well as dynamic A-Life, and an unprecedented visual presentation that no other Stalker Overhaul can touch.

This mod was founded and being developed from the 4chan /v/ and /k/ community.

Please note that your support and suggestions are important to this mods success and completion. We're always looking for input from the community, and we wish to emphasize that by all means necessary.

L.U.R.K. mod

Current Team-Members:

Holden: Project Lead/Production Lead
Giegue: Weapon Ballistics/Weapon Balance/NPC Configurations/Input
Psychosonic: Special Thanks and Support/Coding/NPC Configurations
Nkatyusha: Skinning
Cheese The Third: Testing/Coding/NPC Configurations
Vlad: Testing
John: Various support requests

Main Features:

Completely Overhauled AI structure:
Featuring unprecedented capabilities unheard of before L.U.R.K., accurate detection parameters, dynamic light visibility, flanking maneuvering, and so much more.
Demonstration available here:
http://www.xfire.com/video/bcd6a/

Completely Overhauled Game Balance:
Entirely new weapon ballistics, featuring the most accurate weapon scaling and balance to date, tuned to balance with Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl, completely overhauled enemy weapon loadouts, every aspect from value, damage, health, speed, and everything you can possibly imagine has been reconfigured to suit a challenging, realistic, rewarding, and most of all, fun.

Unprecedented Visual Presentation:
Completely new and hand-made weather patterns and configurations, dynamic weather coding from Trojanuch, rich lighting contrast and uniform color saturation, optimized Clear Sky textures, Clear Sky grass textures, third party rendering techniques such as Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, Deep Parallax, and many more from SKY4CE, Completely hand-skinned character models, Reskinned monsters from Argus, etc..

Dynamic Overhauled Enemy Locations and Unscripted Movement Patterns:
Functioning on a base created by DC from the latest aLive 1.6. Characters and monster movements are virtually unrestricted and spawns are more diverse, allowing infinite possibilities within your Stalker Experience. An experience that is never the same no matter how many times you play.

Countless Hand Selected and Compiled work from other modders:
Ranging from selected weapons from Arsenal 1.2, Gosuke, and many far too many others to count. All tweaked and reworked to fit into the balance of the game, and without contradicting the original experience.

SCREENSHOTS
Cordon/Escape
Bar
Garbage
Kenshito

Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: SoC L.U.R.K mod

Postby audioave10 on 02 Jun 2009 14:40

I've been watching this...and waiting. :mozilla_smile:
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: SoC L.U.R.K mod