ZENOBIAN

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

ZENOBIAN

Postby shift3r on 19 Jun 2009 19:37

where can i find info for the ZEN weapons? (used in Priboi) i found them on iFolder and RapidShare via the wiki but i have no idea what version i am using. i am mostly only after the Val Vikhr from their kit.

... i am downloading ZENOBIAN_.0115_full.7z to have a look now.

EDIT: for readers of Russian this is where i have found some links (in the sig of the OP) http://www.gsc-game.ru/index.php?t=comm ... &sec_id=14
shift3r

Re: ZENOBIAN

Postby jamie1992 on 20 Jun 2009 08:52

Zenobian mod is built for the 1.0005 patch, and all info can be found in the tables and XMLs in the gamedata.
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby shift3r on 20 Jun 2009 11:17

thanks for the reply. the version i got yesterday has a database file instead of the usual gamedata and a few tools i have tried so far won't unpack it.

i can probably get what i want from Priboi but i wanted to have a look at this mod too. their suffix is .dbz and their is a modified xrGame.dll here too, can i get the info about unpacking from it or should i find another version altogether?
shift3r

Postby Nightwatch on 20 Jun 2009 22:12

There should be another link for a normal zipped gamedata version, after the OS reinstallation I can't locate the old links (or not yet found the proper folder) but check Google, I think you should be able to find that link. (having said that, links may of course change or removed from the servers from time to time, hope this is not the case)

I checked my modding folder, I couldn't locate the required tool for that extension, either. I'll later check the old back ups. But, making a google search, again, may produce some quicker answers. :mozilla_smile:

(You can't get the unpacking protocol from (that) xrGame.dll, it's used to help/enable the zooming scope in the mod, but it has given complications when used in some other mods, it's not a drop-in DLL that can be used in any mod. Usage and enabling of it in other mods requires several certain hard work necessitating procedures to be performed beforehand.)

--------------------------------------------------------
PS: Thread moved to "Mods and Discussions"
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby shift3r on 21 Jun 2009 19:24

thanks Nightwatch, after telling me there were two packs i did end up finding something. it turns out that wiki does have that info, about db file or gamedata, i overlooked that detail because of the (mostly) blinding Russian text :P

http://sdk.stalker-game.com/ru/index.php/Mod:Zenobian_Mod:

Zenobian Mod
Название: Zenobian Mod
Версия: 0.115
Резюме: Один из лучших глобальных модов для игры.
Категория: Глобальные моды
Разработчик: Z.E.N.
Скачать мод: Формат gamedata.dbz:

Зеркало №1 Зеркало №2 Зеркало №3

Формат папки gamedata:

Зеркало №1 Зеркало №2

Документация:
Скачать

Исправление текстур оружия для R1:
Скачать
URL: Нет
Обсуждение: Тема на форуме

i now have four out of the five archives to have a look at from one of the links - http://www.vendor.com.ua/zen/index.php.

-----

EDIT: all good with the new data. guess what was with the non-dbz release? the dbz unpacker.. whee! anyway, my main intention was to grab the SR3-Vikhr (the sidearm Val). everything i need is there but i am stuck with the SR3 appearing as a normal Val.

-----
here are the bits i plucked from ShoC 1.0004 and ZENOBIAN 0.0115

\gamedata\config\misc\
trade_trader.ltx
unique_items.ltx

\gamedata\config\mp\
mp_ranks.ltx

\gamedata\config\text\eng\
string_table_enc_weapons.xml

\gamedata\config\weapons\
wpn_sr3vihr.ltx

\gamedata\meshes\weapons\
wpn_sr3vihr.ogf
wpn_sr3vihr_hud.ogf

\gamedata\textures\
textures.ltx

\gamedata\textures\wpn\
wpn_sr3vihr.ogf
wpn_sr3vihr_hud.ogf

-----

the only file i made myself was wpn_sr3vihr.ltx - the rest are edited vanilla for settings with the ZENOBIAN meshes/textures. the only problem i was expecting was the missing inventory icon. any ideas why this might look like the regular Val and not use the pistol slot?
shift3r

Return to Mods & Discussions