S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Oblivion Lost (by Kanyhalos)

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Oblivion Lost (by Kanyhalos)

Postby Stoner on 19 Aug 2010 04:24

First of all well done on the mod best in my opinion!
But the first npc you save 'Tolik' can't be made to follow you? there isn't an option for him to follow you when u just save him or when he gets back to the camp.. can he be made to follow later on in the game?
thanks! :)
Stoner

Postby Hangman on 03 Sep 2010 02:45

Hey all, new here, been freelancing without a Stalker forum for a fair few months now, but decided to find a new home.

We're allowed to mess around with OL provided we never distribute it right? I've found that OL is a great place to base personal-use mods.
With my own copy, I've edited my name to my chosen stalker nickname(I'd love to be able to choose a name at the begginning of the game with a menu, even if it didn't transfer to the audio), altered some artifacts to provide explosion protection(only those that provide more than 10 bulletproofing) and meddled with the faction relations a bit, making the mercs mostly neutral, ala CS.
I've also cobbled together a custom SVD, with a four-round mag, an extra boost of hit_power(just to watch people backflip) and a scope_zoom_factor that makes the weapon impractical at all but over 100m. I've fiddled with some armour(adding merc and svoboda SEVA suits, re-adding the Monolith antigas suit, soon to add the curtain helmet version, ect) and fussed around with some suit colourings. I tried to stay neutral for the most part, but then Freedomers decided to attack the Bar shortly before I started off on my trip the the DUGA-3 station. I, of course, decided to assist, shot the Bar-Dutyer in the head and calmy asked the barkeep if I could join Freedom(I added multiple faction joining to several other traders just for fun).
Wow, wall of text. Sorry. :pale:
Glory to the holy Monolith, we shall abide in it's radiance forever.
The gloried crystal, through the arms of believers, Shall cleanse all those without true faith from the zone.
It is the greatest honour to be allowed in it's presence, let alone within it's very Home.
Pay homage to your benefactors.
Hangman

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 03 Sep 2010 12:15

LOL - sounds like fun to me.. :thumbright: Can't make 'em, just use 'em. (patience/ time available thing)
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 03 Sep 2010 14:18

I've never played OL Hangman but when you mod a game to your specs, that makes it the most enjoyable :thumbright:
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby Hangman on 12 Sep 2010 23:05

Heh, minor question; How can I raise the interval at wich alife events take place? I was fiddling about with them(adding monolith attacks to the barrier, and a crystal squad securing pripyat) and I was trying to find which variables I should edit to make alife events happen at roughly every 8 game hours. I'm in freeplay mode, and I'm looking to spice the game's pace up to chaotic levels for the hell of it.
Glory to the holy Monolith, we shall abide in it's radiance forever.
The gloried crystal, through the arms of believers, Shall cleanse all those without true faith from the zone.
It is the greatest honour to be allowed in it's presence, let alone within it's very Home.
Pay homage to your benefactors.
Hangman

Postby mimic on 28 Dec 2010 17:07

I am fairly new to modding, having just tinkered a bit with weight I can carry, weapon power and addons ability, etc.
I too would like to change the alife to get more things to do since i also finished the game. I would like also to get LOTS AND LOTS of zombies (mostly civilian and ghost) to wander around every map of the game, how can this be done? All I know, is it has to be done with scripts since changing all.spawn needs a new game.
mimic

Postby GeneralSturnn on 05 Apr 2011 05:36

----------------------------
Welcome to the forum :mozilla_smile:

(As this post asks question related to the Oblivion Lost mod, I moved it to its slot here.)
Nightwatch
-----------------------------

Hey all, I'm new here, and I'm also new to modding S.T.A.L.K.E.R, so anyway here's some of my problems:

1: Food does not heal me(Oblivion Lost)
2: Bandages do not heal me(Oblivion Lost)

I was hoping to fix those for myself because well, with increased toughness for creatures, they tripled the difficulty on even novice(or noob here on OL) and novice in standard game was pretty hard, I'm used to you being overpowered on easy, but underpowered on hard and other difficulties above it.

I was also hoping to make it where I could change recruitment(recruit friendlies from other factions of course, but I'm able to recruit neutral loner's)

if anyone could help, thanks.
GeneralSturnn

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 09 Apr 2011 07:44

About the healing properties of bandages and food. If One's not mistaken you can find both within the Items.ltx (unable to verify since got no acces to the files atm) and from there just search for the respective entries. They should have the line for heal parameters there and set to 0, unless Kanyhalos removed them entirely in which case simply locate one of the medkits in the same file and copy the respective line and set to whichever value you see fit. Hopefully it'l be of help

Unfortunatly One knows jack sht about the recruitment area other then that it has something to do with scripts.
THE DEDICATED, CERTIFIED RESIDENT MADMAN
There is no such thing as innocence in the ZONE, only degrees of guilt.
CAN YOU FEEL THE TRANQUILLITY OF THE ZONE
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
We are shaped by fate, just as we shape it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
Akir man yamut malak al-mut
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Previous

Return to Mods & Discussions