Lets make a mod.

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Lets make a mod.

Postby VINTAR on 25 Aug 2009 09:22

So i'm thinking, we have the talent here, why dont we collaborate and make a s.t.a.l.k.e.r. Mod mod? This should be a mod like no other. New ideas that people have never even dreamed of. I have some crazy ideas (i normally do :-) ) so what do you think?
Core2Quad Q8300 2.5 @ 3.6ghz
Cooler Master Hyper TX 2 CPU cooler
Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo
Nvidia GTS450
2 GIGS Transcend DDR2 800 pc6400 @ 960
Thermaltake Tough Power 650w PSU
Samsung Syncmaster P2350
-----------------------------------
Apartheid veteran
VINTAR
Senior Resident

Re: Lets make a mod.

Postby Balious on 25 Aug 2009 10:32

I have talent? :mozilla_surprised:

Although I can not mod right now (will begin learning yet again soon, stupid scripts). I like this idea very much.

A dream I always like to come true is having alot of mods being merged together. Or just the ones on stalkermod. Like having NEWSA with Faction wars or Zone Wars when Jamie gets that out. But it seems to me this seems impossible.

Anyway I can still give my crazylike ideas. But depends what type of mod this really will be :-k
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby VINTAR on 25 Aug 2009 10:59

I'm thinking of a mod more like nothing thats been done before. Not more of whats been done. Heres one crazy idea - create an artefact or special suit that makes the actor invisible for a certain amount of time, thats the sort of never done before thing that i'm wanting.
Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo
Nvidia GTS450
Samsung Syncmaster P2350
Apartheid veteran
VINTAR
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 25 Aug 2009 11:06

Good, any initiative is plausible and needs to be supported. :thumbright: Though I can't take an active part, (unfortunately very very busy, well behind many schedules) I can try my best to support if I can.

VINTAR wrote:I'm thinking of a mod more like nothing thats been done before. Not more of whats been done. Heres one crazy idea - create an artefact or special suit that makes the actor invisible for a certain amount of time, thats the sort of never done before thing that i'm wanting.

I may be wrong, but I think Russo has done something like that in his INFERNO II mod. :-? Though I don't know, of course, to what extent it resembles to what you have in mind. You may want to check that.

(Also, as a side note @ Balious to remind a point :
NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak has Faction wars in it, (though I don't know what extent of "a faction wars" that you mention) AI is free generally and as you'd remember, particularly as more dominantly seen in Bar, AW and Pripyat, there are constant and random "grand scale" assaults between warring parties. :mozilla_smile:)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby VINTAR on 25 Aug 2009 11:19

I did see something like that in inferno but i think it was the weapon that was invisible.
Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo
Nvidia GTS450
Samsung Syncmaster P2350
Apartheid veteran
VINTAR
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 25 Aug 2009 11:21

Hmm, I see. It's of course a very good idea. :thumbright:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby busetibi on 25 Aug 2009 12:12

Russos Inferno II has not been released as yet :( least way I couldn't find any trace of it with google, I was reading an english speaking german board the other day and it said........
"Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:01 PM

Hey Russo is the mod still good for release this month"

so we'll see I guess :-k :-??
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 25 Aug 2009 13:05

Thanks nightwatch for reminding me. I always seem to forget about that. Explains what the mercs were doing :mozilla_smile:

When we have an idea for the mod I could transfer the music into the main menu as long as we all agree on a song. That way I provide help in someway :D

An idea is perhaps remake the whole zone in some way? Perhaps like add SOC and CS together. Make the zone like it should be? barely seeing anyone, deserted and mutants roaming around.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby VINTAR on 25 Aug 2009 18:47

Unfortunately thats what kany's doing with ol3 i think.
Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo
Nvidia GTS450
Samsung Syncmaster P2350
Apartheid veteran
VINTAR
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 29 Aug 2009 14:41

Damn. What can this mod do though? Faction wars has been done, what I said is being done in OL3.

Perhaps something with a new story? Like the Priboi mod but as another faction? Im just throwing out random guess ideas here as they come to me. But thats all I have for now.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 30 Aug 2009 03:51

One idea I thought about a while back but have no skills or time to do, a new faction with one fortified location of their own. Maybe one of the places in Dark Valley. If you could block the open gate and have the only entrance be the pipe, the first base would be ideal. You should be the only one able to enter through the pipe but I do not know if some kind of door and lock could be fitted.

The base could be under random attacks from bandits, military, mercs and / or zombies.

You have to go out and get supplies for them. You can either trade, find stashes, or take from bodies the supplies you need. While anything you find will help, your commander will send you after the most needed items. You can do missions for others to get needed items or for trading.

You could have missions to bring back weapons, ammo, food, medical supplies, oil drums, propane tanks, gas, and armor. Maybe recruit new members from the loners too but you have to lead them in.

Factions should stay pretty much the same with most neutral but some gunning for you or wanting to take your supplies. I like the idea of using Fatrap's Rouge and Stranger factions too along with his weapons and modified suits since a heavy load will help you supply the base.

Mutants, again I like Fatrap's ideas but with a lot more classic zombies and fewer dwarfs, controllers and psi doggies. I am not crazy about the mental attacks but there should be lots of stuff that thinks you are the supplies they need. Hey mutants have to eat too, right?

Anyway that is what I am thinking would make a good mod and while I have no modding skills at all, I would help anyone with ideas or suggestions that wanted to try it.
There is no social situation so serious that it can not be solved by the proper use of high explosives.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 30 Aug 2009 15:11

That's not a bad idea at all. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby OldFighter on 31 Aug 2009 02:20

Thanks Nightwatch. I have no idea if it could be done but I think it would be fun to play. I just wish I had the skills to build it.

I think it should be setup so that your faction uses only a few standard calibers so that you have to trade different caliber ammo for what your guys use. Say 5.56 Nato for the rifle, 12 ga, and 9 x 19 for the pistol / SMG. Everything else would be trade goods. If possible you should also be able to upgrade weapons and armor for your guys.

I think the repair mod should be included too, in case you get some needed weapons in bad shape you would want to repair them before giving them to your guys.

Blow outs that respawn artifacts would give you something to trade for supplies and a little added danger to the mod.
There is no social situation so serious that it can not be solved by the proper use of high explosives.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby VINTAR on 31 Aug 2009 08:47

Some good ideas there. Can be done but would be a lot of work. Spawning the new faction is ok but you would need new smart terrains for that area of the map. I was thinking more of making an addon for stalker that adds new elements. Almost like little mini mods rolled into one. Like the repair mod and the way out idea of invisibility, things like that that make the game more interesting without radically changing the story.
Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo
Nvidia GTS450
Samsung Syncmaster P2350
Apartheid veteran
VINTAR
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 31 Aug 2009 11:37

I think I remember Fatrap saying he uses scripts instead of smart terrain to add in his new factions but you are right a complete new mod like that would be a lot of work.

I did have another thought that might be much easier. How about an add-on mod for Fatraps Mutant Madness? It is already a kicka$$ mod and it might be possible to add in my earlier ideas to start once you hit freeplay. I am pretty sure Fatrap would go along with it but not positive.

To make the work easier use his Rouge faction as the faction you join. Put them in the second base in Dark Valley with a few really tough guys guarding the gates so nothing gets in that is not wanted. Then add in some missions to supply them. The more the better. Fatrap has added some missions in his mods for when you hit freeplay so I know it can be done but I freely admit I have no idea how hard it is to do.

A trader could be added either upstairs or downstairs before you get to the lab entrance. He could be the person that gives you the missions to find the supplies they need.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby VINTAR on 31 Aug 2009 12:04

Yeah, you can spawn NPC`s through script and smart terrains, but I`m not clued up on smart terrains.
Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo
Nvidia GTS450
Samsung Syncmaster P2350
Apartheid veteran
VINTAR
Senior Resident

Postby Kanyhalos on 02 Sep 2009 12:16

Based on my past experiences, I could never imagine anything when I said "omg what should be done", you'll see if you are going deep inside modding in fanaticism, the new ideas will appear on your mind automatically.
Just start to do something if you have a basic conception.

With the purpose of OL3 I have imagined a vision of the Zone, also I could use the 1935 and CS levels, so I had some basic stuff for mess around with it.

And time to time, I always imagine new ideas, new features and changes in the gameplay.
You will feel the same if you get deeper inside, I guess.

What I have done is:

- removed about 80-90% of the faction npc's and replaced their bases with Military
- made loads of new Military outposts
- more mutants, less stalkers

Now the Zone feels much more deserted but it's not boring, since the Military is almost always in your back, you have to watch out seriously.
The lame purpose of the vanilla Military is gone. Now they are almost as dangerous enemies as the Zone itself. They want to eradicate all mutant lairs, and stop the stalkers, only the ecologs are allowed to stay there.
They have also fired up the Duty.
Bandits considered as "S.T.A.L.K.E.R.", since it was unrealistic to claim them "official lawbreakers" - now they are just bad guys who wants to rob the defenseless people.
The only real faction is the Mercenaries.

- the A-Life is completely insane and unpredictable random like it was never before, stalkers and mutants are travelling between levels very frequently, and you have no clue who will appear where and why, and when...

- you won't even know if the stalker is hostile or not until you approach them

- if you carry loads of artifacts, then you have to take care of yourself, since everyone is here for artifacts, stalkers do anything to get them, and your life is not exception either

- it's not really done yet because I imagined that this morning when I woke up, but if you are full artifacts, then there is a chance if the npc will possibly threat you as "holster your weapon! your artifacts or your life!".
and if you don't drop the artifacts, the npc will want to kill you and loot your corpse.
Sometimes if the npc attacks you in this case, when the other stalkers notice this, maybe they will also start to shoot at you as a group, or maybe they will help you instead of the robber. It'll be pretty random.
Of course, people like Skull, Voronin, Wolf, etc won't do this with you.

- Removed the Monolith stalkers from Pripyat, NPP Stancia, Stancia2, as well as the left garbage of the Military assault, and these levels will be as replayable as the other ones, with interesting quest hubs and things like that. We also removed the portals from Stancia2 and changed the level design to make the important places accessible.

- The A-Life to the 7 new levels is done. The Dark Valley bandit base is now a Military base, so is the former Freedom base, important npc's and quests have been altered to fit into the changed vanilla story

- You will meet Doctor in Deadcity and Guide in Limansk

- Stalkers are visiting the Bar during their travels

- Artifact transmutation quest chains, you will only be able to do them in the Swamp. And other quest chains too ofc, there are no more "get the snork leg" style boring quests.

- Neutral mutants: you can talk and trade with them, they also give you quests, they will appear most likely in the new levels and in the NPP.

Marked One used to be a superman, now he became the hunt itself, just like the other stalkers, you will have to sneak through the Zone if you want to survive.

I hope this opens up some minds and bring some ideas to the ppl (unless it's not a copy:) )
Kanyhalos
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 03 Sep 2009 04:09

Its obvious that Kany is so deep into the game files that he has LOTS
of good ideas.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby VINTAR on 03 Sep 2009 13:30

audioave10 wrote:Its obvious that Kany is so deep into the game files that he has LOTS
of good ideas.

You could almost say he is "LOST IN OBLIVION" :D

EDIT: I am happy that Kany has wormed his way out of the land of WOW :thumbright:
Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo
Nvidia GTS450
Samsung Syncmaster P2350
Apartheid veteran
VINTAR
Senior Resident

Next