Hey Fatrap

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Hey Fatrap

Postby OldFighter on 25 Sep 2009 11:42

If you decide to really get into SOC again, oh boy did I stumble across something that needs your talents. Imagine what you could do with completely empty levels. :)

Somebody named Kostya_V imported the Marsh, limansk, and other levels from Clear Sky and made some of his own too. I just went through the Marsh level and outside of a couple of guides did not see a living thing. Only sounds I could hear was frogs, the wind and a dog fart. OK it was my dog but I still heard it and the smell reminded me of being in a real swamp. =))

Anyway I am playing a game without your mod just to see the new levels, but it really needs your touch.

If you or anyone else is interested in checking them out Dezodor post links here,

http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=com ... xr&lang=en
There is no social situation so serious that it can not be solved by the proper use of high explosives.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Re: Hey Fatrap

Postby jamie1992 on 25 Sep 2009 13:54

Tis old news my freind, but his spawns won't do much, he would need to make new Smart Terrains and logic for them, which is alot of work, even for a team like Dez0wave.
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 25 Sep 2009 14:12

If anyone can figure a way to spice them up, I bet Fatrap can. Heck all he needs to do to make most of us happy is to turn his mutant madness lose on the levels.
There is no social situation so serious that it can not be solved by the proper use of high explosives.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 26 Sep 2009 02:44

I just ran through the new forest level. At least I assume it is a new level since I have not seen it in SOC or Clear Sky.

It is a beautiful level and there are a few mutants. I ran into a couple of dog packs, boars, fleshies, and one controller. I loved the little cabin and think it would be a great location for a single hermit type trader.

When I finish screwing around and Fatrap has his latest Mutant Madness version out, I may have to see if I can figure out how to merge the new levels into it. Then I may have to try and teach myself to mod a little.

One of the unpopulated levels might be a great place for a Rogue base. If I can learn that and learn how to write missions, then maybe I can come up with a freeplay add on like I have discussed before.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 27 Sep 2009 06:19

I just poked around the new underground level. Mutants everywhere!!! Fatrap would have been proud. :))
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Return to Mods & Discussions