Super jump mod?

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Super jump mod?

Postby OldFighter on 18 Nov 2009 10:52

Hey guys does anyone know of a mod or cheat that will let you do a super jump but only when you want to? The reason I am asking is because Fatrap's Mutant Madness has several snipers etc that spawn on top of buildings and after picking them off I can not get up to take their goodies. Drives me nuts seeing the Guass guns etc through my scope but not being able to get to them. I have tried walking the powerlines etc with no luck. Every once in a while I can get a sniper to close to the edge and knock him off the building most of the time they just drop on the roof.

What I am looking for is something that you maybe can key on and off so that you only have super jump when you really want it.
There is no social situation so serious that it can not be solved by the proper use of high explosives.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Re: Super jump mod?

Postby Nightwatch on 19 Nov 2009 01:00

I can put some effort in making it compatible for general use, like vanilla and for some mods as well (needs to be seen as not all mods accept everything); it's a bit cumbersome and requires a couple of stages of scripting, but in that case in needs to wait for the release of this first patch for NEWSA.

But, the chances are fatrap can much easily pull it that can be applied to his mods and others as well. Ask him first, see if he's still very busy as well.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby VINTAR on 19 Nov 2009 10:23

You cant just change the jumping height while in game i dont think, but you can spawn the snipers weapon on the ground like it fell there :-)
Core2Quad Q8300 2.5 @ 3.6ghz
Cooler Master Hyper TX 2 CPU cooler
Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo
Nvidia GTS450
2 GIGS Transcend DDR2 800 pc6400 @ 960
Thermaltake Tough Power 650w PSU
Samsung Syncmaster P2350
-----------------------------------
Apartheid veteran
VINTAR
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 21 Nov 2009 03:28

Thanks guys but that is to much trouble just to get a few goodies off the tops of a few buildings. I was hoping there was something already out there like I remember seeing on some trainer years ago. You hit one key to turn it on and you could jump very high, hit it again to turn it off. I do not remember which game I used it for but it was back when I first got into computer games and never did master rocket jumps.
There is no social situation so serious that it can not be solved by the proper use of high explosives.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 21 Nov 2009 19:24

OldFighter,
Many games have amazing user interfaces which allows large number of optional moves/features activated, either on permanent or temporary base; Crysis and Fallout 3 are amongst those I can quickly remember. STALKER, on the other hand, is very limited on this matter, and allows just very few extra keys to be implemented. However, there are of course possibilities exist, though require some cumbersome work done in a few layers as done in several mods, e.g. ignition switch, etc.
I'll try to see my hand on a mini-mod on this matter after the patch, try to make it ready alongside Xtreme++ version, though I don't think I'd like to use it on NEWSA structure as I don't think we really need to jump that high in this mod. But it may be integrated into vanilla game and mods prepared within the framework of vanilla. some other mods.

VINTAR
You can change jump height in the game, it's not an all.spawn issue; most ltx and script inputs can be changed on the fly. For example, I place, remove and change positions of tanks and helicopters, change their attack directions and times, etc, on the fly while in the game. [In fact, (though not quite advisable and may stop working after several tries) many times I have not even exited the game, lol, just kept it on stand-by (pause) and changed the scripts, and then, while the files were still on the screen, saved the files and reloaded the game from a save that I did a minute or so earlier position, so when the game starts the read the scripts again, it executed the new code, hence the new action. But I stress, it doesn't always work so crudely, though. Best way is to exit the game then reload after the script change, -on those files that allow on-the-fly input.]
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby VINTAR on 23 Nov 2009 10:35

Hmmm, would be interesting if it is possible. I thought it wouldnt be as it is in system ltx or actor.ltx and not sure if these can be reloaded in game? It would be very easy if there was a console command for it, but then most things would be :-)
Core2Quad Q8300 2.5 @ 3.6ghz
Cooler Master Hyper TX 2 CPU cooler
Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo
Nvidia GTS450
2 GIGS Transcend DDR2 800 pc6400 @ 960
Thermaltake Tough Power 650w PSU
Samsung Syncmaster P2350
-----------------------------------
Apartheid veteran
VINTAR
Senior Resident

Return to Mods & Discussions