Custom Artifacts

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: Custom Artifacts

Postby 3040Krag on 27 Feb 2010 15:08

I get the feeling that jamie is ready and able to create new art and insert it into the game as artifacts, but is ready but tired of and not willing to give said artifacts abilities in the game.

As a former developer, I understand the burnout and feeling about not doing modding. Just having fun is more of my cup o' tea, as well!
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 28 Feb 2010 12:12

Not sayn he must add the abilities, just making a suggestion what the artifact might be good for.
THE DEDICATED, CERTIFIED RESIDENT MADMAN
There is no such thing as innocence in the ZONE, only degrees of guilt.
CAN YOU FEEL THE TRANQUILLITY OF THE ZONE
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
We are shaped by fate, just as we shape it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
Akir man yamut malak al-mut
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 28 Feb 2010 16:16

I can add the abilities to artifacts, well, up to a certain extent, of course, :mozilla_smile: as much as the expectable abilities applies. We also need some good artifact designs in the game. To be truthful, only very few of the artifacts do have interesting shapes that would suit well to a game with (at least) semi-surreal tendencies. Here comes Jamie's talent. :thumbright:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby jamie1992 on 01 Mar 2010 12:25

Don't understand why everyone has thought I've given up, I'm Burnout yes, but still trying.

Anyway.

I released my COP Artifact mod on GSC, but noone took notice. (What a surprise)

Anyhoo PAste from GSC.

Artifact Mod

Just a small mod I made, Containing 2 brand new Artifacts.

Full with Custom Stats, Mesh and Models, textured and all.

Bind stalker is for spawning them into INV. Textures are so...well so they are textured, they use 2 Vanilla textures from SOC. Modeling and SDK and scripts for all artifacts was done by me.

Feel free to rip them apart and do what you wish.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2rggqjm.png
http://i50.tinypic.com/35mk4xw.png
http://i50.tinypic.com/4hw2nn.png

Before anyone comments, Yes I know the Wheel description is weird, I forgot to fix it before I uploaded it, was just a placeholder, or was meant to be. Also the Particles for both act up. Maybe one day I'll get round to fixing it.
Download:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0q0gkn

Enjoy.

Jamie
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 01 Mar 2010 18:27

Thanks. I've just downloaded it. I'll open the file and look at them at late night tonight (at work now) :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby 3040Krag on 02 Mar 2010 03:33

jamie1992 wrote:Don't understand why everyone has thought I've given up, I'm Burnout yes, but still trying.
Sorry if my post came across as negative. Your post simply hit me in a personal way that I should not have projected onto you!

I've been to the point where coding was no fun due to ever-changing user requirements and management pressures to meet deadlines and provide features I KNEW were wrong. Coding itself is fun. Meeting someone else's needs through the craft is only fun when the user and the developer are on the same page.

All I really want to say is, whatever you do, if it's fun, it doesn't matter if it's "work" or not.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 02 Mar 2010 23:03

3040Krag wrote:
jamie1992 wrote:Don't understand why everyone has thought I've given up, I'm Burnout yes, but still trying.
Sorry if my post came across as negative. Your post simply hit me in a personal way that I should not have projected onto you!

I've been to the point where coding was no fun due to ever-changing user requirements and management pressures to meet deadlines and provide features I KNEW were wrong. Coding itself is fun. Meeting someone else's needs through the craft is only fun when the user and the developer are on the same page.

All I really want to say is, whatever you do, if it's fun, it doesn't matter if it's "work" or not.

Nightwatch

Cheers man, good to hear you are interested. :thumbright:

3040Krag

Don't sweat it man, it doesn't matter, I see where you are coming from. As I said, I'm just doing this for fun at this precise point. Time will tell.
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 04 Mar 2010 01:27

Jamie, sorry, I'm late for it, but I'll view them very closely asap; since last night I'm dealing with a range of problems, I need a peaceful time free from telephone calls, etc. Tomorrow I'll try to find a window to study them. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Nightwatch on 04 Mar 2010 18:28

OK, I've had an initial look at it. I didn't put the into the game yet, because due to the progressing patch work, mod files are not suitable for new file addition at the moment, but I've gone through the files, they look quite interesting. I put the OGFs into the MAYA and checked them as well. The Skull and the Wheel have been included. Actually, particularly, this Skull is a rather in-genius idea as an artifact. It needs to be associated with a story for it. Text file can be directed to Eng Text file and written a couple of lines foe the explanation and story such. Very good work. :thumbright:
I hope that I'll be able to run them in action during weekend (I'll put another gamedata NEWSA v3.0 and run them in it)

You can create more styles along this path, you've got grabbed the know-how and the vision for it. :mozilla_smile:
I think your work will nicely fit into NEWSA, into the coming Xtreme++ (coming after this imminent patch)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby busetibi on 06 Mar 2010 14:43

Extreme ++, sound like fun :)
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 07 Mar 2010 17:08

Heh he :D But I can imagine the smileys with angry faces to be posted with complaints of how difficult to stay alive and defend themselves.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby ket on 09 Mar 2010 03:20

jamie1992 wrote:
audioave10 wrote:Good work...funny...that could be anything (molotov coctail). NPC's responded to it as a threat. :D

Yep that's because I gave it a heavy Mass, which was heavy enough to hurt the stalker. :P

So anyone got any cool ideas for Artifacts that they would like to see?

I have lots :d
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Previous

Return to Mods & Discussions