Squad Mod v01 - by Vintar

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Squad Mod v01 - by Vintar

Postby VINTAR on 17 Mar 2010 08:03

Heres a fun little mod that I created. Doesnt change the storyline, although its use can affect it.

********************************************************************************************
* SQUAD MOD V1.0 *
********************************************************************************************

OFFICIAL TEAM MEMBERS

vintar

UNOFFICIAL HONORARY MEMBERS

Barin - scripting
notanumber - project direction,layout and some serious testing.

DESCRIPTION

This mod, or rather "feature", adds the ability to hire "assassins" to help you attack an area,
if you feel you are not well enough equipped but have spare change, or you just wanna have fun.

INSTALLATION

Just extract the .rar file to your stalker directory.

NOTE:IF YOU'VE NEVER USED A MOD BEFORE THEN YOU WILL NEED TO DO THE FOLLOWING:

change this line in fsgame.ltx

$game_data$ = false| true| $fs_root$| gamedata\

to:

$game_data$ = true| true| $fs_root$| gamedata\

REQUIREMENTS

Stalker shoc vanilla patched to 1.0004 (although notanumber did test this on 1.0005, the final product was not, but I dont
see why it shouldnt work)

Widescreen.

You need to start a new game.

INSTRUCTIONS

Start a new game and speak to sid. He will give you a laptop and explain what it is used for.
When you have a bit of money, double click the laptop item in inventory, or right click and select "use".
The laptop will open and give you five fields that need to be completed (buttons).
If you are not sure if you have enough money, just click the pricelist button and check.

Field 1) Level :- select the level you are on.

Field 2) Area :- select the area you want to attack from the list.

Field 3) Rifle :- Select what rifles your squad will be equipped with.

Field 4) Outfit :- Select what suits your squad will wear (doesn`t determine their faction, they are "assassins" ).

Field 5) Amount :- Select how many "assassins" you would like to hire.

Once all the fields have been completed correctly, you will be shown the cost and receive a "Buy" button.
If you feel its too expensive, or changed your mind, just press "ESC" or "cancel" and the order will be cancelled.
Alternatively, if you want to go ahead, click on the check-out cart to buy.

If the population of the area is = 0, you will be made aware of this and the order will be cancelled.

If you already have an active squad, you will be made aware of this and the order will be cancelled.

If all conditions have been met, the cost will be deducted from your money, including 50 ruebles per "assassin" for ammunition,
and your squad and its equipment will be deployed to the area, and the battle will ensue, no matter how far away on the level you are.
You will receive a message of their success or failure whether you leave the level that the "assassins" are on or not.

"Assassins" are neutral to ecologists only.

Be sure, if you choose to attack duty ,freedom or stalkers, that you have finished your business with them first, or you might affect the storyline.

Any area attacked will not affect your relationship with that faction, because... well... they dont know you hired
the assassins, and if you dont tell them, I wont

Thats it. Enjoy.

KNOWN ISSUES

DO NOT delete _g.script, it sorts out a few issues.

The last feature I added to this mod was to show the population of your squad and the target on the HUD while the battle is on,
however, it is a known fact that if you save a game while you have a squad in action, the saved game will not load giving an
error [error][ 87] invalid parameter, and besides this, it can knock the FPS hard on a weak to middling PC. There are a few options here :

1) Dont save while a squad is in action and all will be fine (obviously FPS still affected).

2) You can disable the HUD population textures by editing "ui_squad_embark.script" and commenting out lines 540, 559, 579, 1087, 1115
IE. adding -- infront of the lines

3) If you decide to disable the HUD textures and still want a way of checking the population and dont mind huge log files, just edit
"ui_squad_embark.script" and uncomment (remove the -- ) line 539, this way you can press the ~ key (tilde) and will see the population
being printed to console in this order (squad_pop,gulag_pop), and your FPS will be much improved as well.

CREDITS

Thanks to Jamie1992 for the original concept.

Thanks to Lijestina for the laptop texture.

Thanks to Barin, Bardak, Xstream for packet_utils.

THANKS

Firstly Thanks to GSC for an EPIC game of note.

Big Thanks to Atlas Mod creator Helios where I learned a lot of things about menu creation.

Huge thanks to jamie1992 for the "faction creation" tutorial on the WIKI.

A massively huge thanks to Notanumber for testing it to the limits and all the excellent feedback and advice
that has moulded this feature and made it 100% better (and complicated ) than originally planned out, thanks man.

Above all else I`d like to thank GOD, A.K.A Barin for all his help and patience over the last months I`ve been modding stalker,
he has basically taught me everything I know and contrinbuted hugely to this project. Thanks man I really appreciate it.

CONTACT

If you find any bugs, please contact me (vintar) on the GSC site or

email me : vintar[at]ovi.com

http://www.mediafire.com/?nqtlmmu2gmy
Core2Quad Q8300 2.5 @ 3.6ghz
Cooler Master Hyper TX 2 CPU cooler
Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo
Nvidia GTS450
2 GIGS Transcend DDR2 800 pc6400 @ 960
Thermaltake Tough Power 650w PSU
Samsung Syncmaster P2350
-----------------------------------
Apartheid veteran
VINTAR
Senior Resident

Re: Squad Mod v01 - by Vintar

Postby ket on 17 Mar 2010 13:24

Even in the zone, the interwebz still rulz :p Sounds pretty cool IMO, but just so it fits a little better how about a long-range radio instead of a laptop? Any complex electronic equipment such as a laptop would almost instantly get destroyed in the zone because of the radiation levels.
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 17 Mar 2010 14:27

It sounds that the mod adds a pretty interesting feature into the game. :thumbright:
(you could raise the ammo charge for assassins more, I think, as of a point to suggest. 50 RU feels a bit low; though, it depends on how much money available in the game, of course.)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby VINTAR on 22 Mar 2010 10:00

Ket, that was my first idea, but sid's still works :-P
nightwatch, i did that because alot of the targets are small, and its also why i increased the amount for the level the further you get. Its easily changed though, just one line somewhere (not in front of me, cant remember, just do a find in files for "ammo")
Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo
Nvidia GTS450
Samsung Syncmaster P2350
-----------------------------------
Apartheid veteran
VINTAR
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 22 Mar 2010 13:20

That makes a very good sense; the mod seems even more elaborate than it first appears. :thumbright: It's really a great idea VINTAR, hiring independent assassins for some works to be taken care of ;) without hurting your standing.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby 3040Krag on 23 Mar 2010 00:31

Radiation itself doesn't harm electronics with much impact. Else, the electronics and micro-processors that are necessary for modern x-ray, PET, CT, and Nuclear Medicine cameras wouldn't work. All are exposed to high levels of x-ray and gamma radiation.

Additionally, beta and alpha emitters used for therapy purposes must be monitored under various circumstances and needs. The monitors also use microprocessors to localize processing, helping maintain sterile conditions while maximizing data collection.

It's ionization and EMP generated by nuclear explosions that damage computers and other electrical devices, due to the large flux of electrons they generate.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby VINTAR on 23 Mar 2010 06:13

Yeah, what he said :-)
Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo
Nvidia GTS450
Samsung Syncmaster P2350