FPS Run 'n Gun Special Edition

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: FPS Run 'n Gun Special Edition

Postby audioave10 on 02 Jul 2009 03:05

I mostly play on a 16x9 screen (1600 x 900) but my top resolution is
1920x1080. My other screen is also 1680x1050 but I never noticed
anything wrong...maybe I didn't look very hard.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 02 Jul 2009 03:07

OK... just a quick update and it is off to bed for this old man! Tweaked over a 1000 lines of code today and it is looking good. Once again, this mod is based on R&G Special Edition so many of the basics will be the same. The major changes are that you will not encounter Rogues or Strangers until you enter freeplay mode by finishing the game... instead, you will have to deal with lots of mutants... LOTS!
I did put controllers in this mod. Be forewarned... controllers cause crashes.... no solution to the problem yet. It is believed to be a hard-coded animation based error that causes the crash. The only way to avoid a crash is to kill the controller before he gets to a certain animation point. I did stick them in places where a crash would not have a significant impact... for instance, at the beginning of a short, easy level. Hopefully this will work out for everyone! :thumbright:

OK... regarding the Strangers and Rogues.... the Strangers are a bit easier to kill than they were in R&G Special Edition. But.... (don't you love those "buts"!!).... the Rogues are now your enemies also... and their "toughness" level starts out where the Strangers leave off. For instance a Rogue Novice is as tough as a Stranger Master!! And to make it even more interesting, the Rogue Master is armed with a .50 cal. and the Rogue Veteran has a Snork Sweeper! Should make for some decent fights!!!! =D>

I will do a brief pre-release test the next couple of days and then I will upload it. I played it for about 3 hours today and found one error that is now fixed. :-bd

@Ultradad.... I will have to check into the widescreen issue. Will keep you posted!
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 02 Jul 2009 03:18

Ultradad...I tested my 16x10 screen at both 1600x900 & at the native
resolution of 1680x1050. No problem at all. You might try resetting the options menu then restart the game.
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 02 Jul 2009 03:43

Looking forward to it Fatrap. I am getting bored with trying to tweak Clear Sky. It is just not as fun as R&G.
There is no social situation so serious that it can not be solved by the proper use of high explosives.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 02 Jul 2009 18:44

I've been playing for awhile and ready to go to Brainscorcher. I have
Level 4 health & Level 3 bulletcap but if I try to buy Hunter Skill it
says I am a fast learner and I don't have to put it on the belt. That's
fine but there is no visual "tag" to tell me if I even have a Hunter Skill. Is this correct and do I keep buying more till I get a emblem or
something to show that I even have it? The way it currently works I
have no proof except the loss of alot of RU's. Is that right?
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 02 Jul 2009 21:46

audioave10 wrote:I've been playing for awhile and ready to go to Brainscorcher. I have
Level 4 health & Level 3 bulletcap but if I try to buy Hunter Skill it
says I am a fast learner and I don't have to put it on the belt. That's
fine but there is no visual "tag" to tell me if I even have a Hunter Skill. Is this correct and do I keep buying more till I get a emblem or
something to show that I even have it? The way it currently works I
have no proof except the loss of alot of RU's. Is that right?

That's the way it works! You will not get an emblem like the other skills and it is automatically equipped.... you just cannot see it. But you will notice a HUGE difference in drops when you max it out! :thumbright:
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 02 Jul 2009 23:24

got it...Thanks!
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Ultradad on 03 Jul 2009 00:36

Hello there :thumbright:

Having lots of fun waiting for your latest installment of FPS Run 'n Gun =D> , the zone is realy hard on me when i am unable to clear it before moving on or dieing 8-[

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/Feeltheburnbaby-1.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/Busloadofstrangers.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/didntcleargrabagezoneagain.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/SmileforFatraps.jpg

Its all good fun mind, just done dark valley and on way back to see sid :salute:
Mobo: P35 DS4 r1.1 Bios 14
CPU: E6300@3.75 Ghz
Memory: OCZ Gold Edition 4GB @ 5,5,5,15
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Fatality and DR100 Headphones
Graphics Card : Asus 5770
Power Supply: Corsair 550 Modular
Case: Lian Li PC +3
Monitor: SyncMaster 226bw
O/S: Windows 7 64 Bit
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 03 Jul 2009 02:48

Ultradad, when it comes to the rats the Snork Sweeper is your friend, especially if you have some of the mag buckshot. I use it for most things and add a good sniper rifle as soon as I can.

Bad habit of mine is to save and reload a area cleaning out everything but the snorks. Do this several times. Then when I have enough snorks running around it is Leaping Lizard Boy skeet.
There is no social situation so serious that it can not be solved by the proper use of high explosives.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 03 Jul 2009 13:56

fatrap wrote:I will do a brief pre-release test the next couple of days and then I will upload it. I played it for about 3 hours today and found one error that is now fixed. :-bd

\:d/
It's about time I played a mod for fun, seeing as you said it was about R&G 2 level of difficulty, I foresee lots of laughs and mass things to kill :thumbright:
after playing R&G SE8 then NEWSA v3.0 Extreme mode it'll be nice to have a change of pace :ymdevil:
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 03 Jul 2009 23:51

OK boys and girls.... here it is!

http://www.mediafire.com/?g2zm2yomm42

EDIT!!!! NOTE! This is the updated "fixed" version... you do NOT need the fix that is discussed later in this thread! :thumbright:

I played it through the Dark Valley levels and it ran really well. Some levels will not have a lot of action added to them if they contain sensitive missions. However, if you return to that level later in the game you will get plenty of action! :thumbright:

This is a fun mod.... the first level will start out tough though. Just use some common sense (like climb on top of that cellar roof by Wolf after you talk to him) and you will get through it fine! Here is a spoiler for you... on the east side of Cordon by the train tracks is a campfire.... there will be some nasty mutants there! BUT.... they have a chance of dropping some pretty nifty armor! Remember that your knife is your friend! =D>

Don't rush through the levels.... you will miss a lot of trigger time! And pay close attention to those dark places that are a little off the beaten track! And remember that loading a quick save will respawn all the added mutants!!! #-o

BTW.... I wrote this for the 1.0004 patch. However there is a folder in the download that will convert it to 1.0005... just follow the instructions in the ReadMe file!
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby Ultradad on 04 Jul 2009 01:32

Thanks a million for your hard work Fatrap :D , just downloaded it and gonna install and play it now. I am glad i had a few days to warmup on your great mod :ymdevil: , as its just gets nasty when mobs drop in to say hello :-J
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 04 Jul 2009 01:53

+1 on Ultradad's post :-bd
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby audioave10 on 04 Jul 2009 06:31

Nice mod...FatRap. However, for a moment I thought we had Strangers
again. But it wasn't that. When the first rat-attack came, Busetibi (in his
zest for gun-weilding chaos) shot my ass...and I died of brain damage.
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 04 Jul 2009 14:07

:thumbright:
loving it!!
imagine my surprise when I'm half way through Cordon and I kill a Pseudogiant and get this as a reward
http://i43.tinypic.com/utt2q.jpg
:-bd
winna!!!111
gotta love those Tushkanos (ammo boxes on legs)
things are progressing well,finding plenty of ammo,food and med kits are tight (as it should be) mutes are kinda okay, nothing thats causing any problems atm but I expect that to change as I get further into the mod, getting a few stashes (wouldn't call it hot) but enough to get by.
on to Garbage.......
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 04 Jul 2009 14:22

Glad to see that y'all are having fun with it! :-bd

I am about to start the AW level... and I have collected a ton of stuff! Maxed out my skills levels after returning from the Dark Valley. That is a bit too early in the game, but it does increase the "fun factor" and that is what this mod is all about.
BTW... I collected enough food from the Cordon area to get me through the next 4 levels! So if you are short on food and other supplies, you just need to work those levels harder! :thumbright:

My impression is that this mod is somewhat easier than R&G2... but it does have it's moments! The Cordon area is a little hard starting out and there are a couple of areas that are a real booger.... For instance you will run into Controllers at surprise locations... and they are the Tubeman style that can really rape you! Another area that can be tough is over on the east (I think) side of the Garbage where the woodsy area is and also where the 2 bandits hang out (by the big bunch of dogs). The Burers that are there will make you cry..... X(

Also, plan ahead if you are going to play freeplay mode.... these mutants will be scarce so stockpile some of the goodies that they are dropping now! Some of that stuff will be hard to get later!
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby Ultradad on 04 Jul 2009 14:32

Loving it so far =D> , been exploring the map abit after what you said and i have been able to find some nice stuff early on B-) . But i got realy punished for trying to do army base a few times with a shotgun and dying :-o . Realy had to think this one out, 5 dwarfs, 5 psudoes, tons of rats ,snorks, zombies and a partridge in a pair tree after me i put my master plan into action :ymdevil:

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/Mad.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/Bonkers.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/Itwasthisbig.jpg

I dragged them all over to the immortal fox and hid in the attic and shot the holy hell outta them while they attacked fox (bless him), with the job done i moved onto garbage a bowel movement lighter =))
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 04 Jul 2009 16:39

Damn.... sounds like I didn't give this mod a fair shake... maybe. Might boot it up @ a later date - after I come to terms with the "don't stop moving" theology. 8-[ ( I had a blast with the previous run-n-gun versions, don't know why this one rubbed me the wrong way.)
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 04 Jul 2009 16:55

Im interested in trying this mod out but seeing some people having lots of weight sort of puts me off it (although I like having lots of weight).

It seems like great fun and getting to kill other players that were turned into NPCs seems quite fun. But how hard is this mod in terms of the others? such as is it harder then NEWSA extreme or easier? I be trying this mod but after I am done with AMK I think.

Oh forgot another question. How well does the AI work to survive? For guys like Fox, Wolf, Nimble, Mole and so on. Do they die right at the start if you don't help protect them? Or does it take an army of everything to kill one person?
Balious
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions