FPS Run 'n Gun Special Edition

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: FPS Run 'n Gun Special Edition

Postby shift3r on 31 May 2009 09:48

thanks busetibi, i was wondering what training that was when i asked Wolf about it!? i even RTFM for the mod :P maybe some info should be added (a piece of the Freestate readme perhaps?)

btw busetibi, you were one tough bastard to kill, i thought you were invincible for a while there! does it always happen that you and your team go hostile to Marked One? another weird thing was your special Deagle was available to buy when i first looked in your inventory - and then never again.

-----
i got somewhere with the widescreen/inventory problem. being able to carry hundreds of kilos makes fixing this a must. i copied values from someone elses tweak into the file inventory_new_16.xml:

http://files.filefront.com/Raw+WS+InvSizev101zip/;9730386;/fileinfo.html
Raw's Widescreen Larger Inventory Grid (1280 x 800)

Code: Select all
<dragdrop_bag x="22" y="46" width="295" height="415"
            cell_width = "31" cell_height="41" rows_num="10" cols_num="9"
            unlimited="1" group_similar="1"/>

<dragdrop_belt x="565" y="136" width="325" height="60"
            cell_width = "45" cell_height="60" rows_num="1" cols_num="7"/>

now i have to make it better for 1680x1050 before doing the other assiciated files. these two resolutions are both 16:10 but, imo, it still doesn't look right. is there a quick way to do some trial and error? and why are some of the height measuments larger than some of the corresponding widths??

-----
PS: i agree with Phoenix135, those Strangers have it too easy being friends with mutants. is that like that to make sure there are people still alive to shoot us while there are massive mutant swarms after a few quickloads? gee fanks a lot!
shift3r

Postby busetibi on 31 May 2009 11:27

lol, fatraps famous mute spawns after quickloading, also make sure you clear the area of mutes/Strangers before you leave, 'cause if you dont they will be waiting with a fresh mute spawn and Stranger spawn to frag your ass when you re-enter the level :ymdevil:
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby nandersen on 31 May 2009 17:32

shift3r, try this: http://zhat.dk/stalker/files/rg_ui_tweak.zip

I made it a while ago playing R&G SE (was it v5?). Not sure if this works with the latest version - if it doesn't then change the number of belt slots to match the one included with R&G.
"They shoot and I run and I spill my drink - all over my uniform..."
My files for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: http://zhat.dk/stalker/
nandersen
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 01 Jun 2009 03:53

nandersen wrote:
OldFighter wrote:Hi Fatrap. Long time no see. Been a little busy myself.

Are you going to be working on anything for CS? It is not bad except for the ending but could really use your special touch.

Clear Sky is pretty much a Run 'n Gun game even without mods :D

True but Fatraps toys and personal touch would make it much more fun. Personally I find CS kind of boring. Of course that may be because I have been playing R&G versions for a long time.
There is no social situation so serious that it can not be solved by the proper use of high explosives.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby shift3r on 02 Jun 2009 16:46

nandersen wrote:shift3r, try this: http://zhat.dk/stalker/files/rg_ui_tweak.zip

I made it a while ago playing R&G SE (was it v5?). Not sure if this works with the latest version - if it doesn't then change the number of belt slots to match the one included with R&G.

that is excellent naderson. thank you very much. once they are right it makes a huge difference especially in RnG with the over the top weapons and inventory weight :P actually, it is better all of the time and i have used it in Priboi, vanilla, and a few others, the scavenging stage is so much easier.

i have lots more questions but i will make a thread somewhere rather than stay off topic here.

-----
on topic: i had to restart from an earlier save because of the absolutely imposible state the x18 pseudo-giant room was in.

that room was so thick with mutant presence i wouldn't have had room to walk in there, if i could at all. the Strangers couldn't hit me because all the mutants were in the way! they just jossled around grumbling things... and then i died. and then died. and died and died. :mozilla_frown:

i'm guessing that room is brutal even if i hadn't reloaded a couple of times. heh.
shift3r

Postby mircislav on 26 Jun 2009 08:19

To bad that there no new and future developed version of this mod .... :(
mircislav

Postby nandersen on 26 Jun 2009 18:03

mircislav wrote:To bad that there no new and future developed version of this mod .... :(

This mod is my top favorite together with Priboi Story. It's just so darn original.
I also would like to see some further development even though it's already very close to perfection :-bd
"They shoot and I run and I spill my drink - all over my uniform..."
My files for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: http://zhat.dk/stalker/
nandersen
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 27 Jun 2009 05:44

I always come back to Run & Gun...the scripting method of spawning
mutants and "hitmen" or "rogues" is the only one I understand. I find
that the NPC's reaction to 60 zombies in Rostock is funny.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 27 Jun 2009 16:33

Hey guys... don't give up on me yet! I just have to kick myself in the arse and get motivated again! #-o

I have a few ideas that I'm gonna try... pretty much requires starting from scratch on a new R&G. I want a LOT of trigger time and a lot of action.... not necessarily harder but a lot busier with tons of action from the very beginning.

What I am thinking of doing is re-vamping R&G2 with some of the stuff from the Special Edition.... with an emphasis on a heavy population of mutants. Call it R&G Monster Madness if you will.... :-k

But, as in any project, the main difficulty is just getting started. I have been kinda "bluesy" for several months and just can't seem to get motivated about much of anything. So.... step one! I am going to figure out a way to move my gaming computer into my new workroom.... I know that sounds easy but it is going to be really difficult! So bear with me! :thumbright:
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 28 Jun 2009 03:03

FatRap...that sounds great! R&G 2 was the version I played the most but now I use R&G Special Edition 8 because of all the features. I see
a box - I break it since they all (95% anyway) have some goodies in side. The training is nice, too. The extra mutants sounds good. I've
had 5 gigants and 80 zombies in Bar before. The gigants made such an earthquake I couldn't do anything...LOL...I had to reduce them.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/ ... 05_bar.jpg
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 28 Jun 2009 08:10

fatrap wrote: I want a LOT of trigger time and a lot of action.... not necessarily harder but a lot busier with tons of action from the very beginning.

What I am thinking of doing is re-vamping R&G2 with some of the stuff from the Special Edition.... with an emphasis on a heavy population of mutants. Call it R&G Monster Madness if you will.... :-k

\:d/
yes, yes, a thousand times yes :ymdevil:
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Ultradad on 28 Jun 2009 13:53

Hello there :thumbright:

Please Sir can i have some more :ymdevil: , i want them to turn up by the bus load :D
Mobo: P35 DS4 r1.1 Bios 14
CPU: E6300@3.75 Ghz
Memory: OCZ Gold Edition 4GB @ 5,5,5,15
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Fatality and DR100 Headphones
Graphics Card : Asus 5770
Power Supply: Corsair 550 Modular
Case: Lian Li PC +3
Monitor: SyncMaster 226bw
O/S: Windows 7 64 Bit
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 28 Jun 2009 20:27

OK! I made a little progress this weekend.... got my gaming 'puter set up in my workroom and I started editing the files that are going to change for the new version. Got all the intro and menu graphics done, and I will guarantee that you will laugh when you see the main menu! :thumbright:

I still have to go through the level spawns and that should finish it up. I used the last Special Edition for a base and I am making it so that Strangers and Rogues will not show up until you hit freeplay. In the meantime, there is lots and lots of mutants to deal with. It starts out heavy from the moment you talk to Wolf! :-bd

Maybe I will have a "beta" version ready by July 4th..... if I do my stuff correctly, there should not be any reason that it will also be the final version. Just gotta watch out for typos and other dumb stuff and everything else has already been tested. =D>
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 29 Jun 2009 01:22

OK Fatrap..... Finished Nightwatch's little NEWSA extreme mode V3, did a little freeplay/endgame action..... time for a break. Let's see what you got for me In the new run-n-gun. :-k

@ Busetibi - endgame stats are in player's corner thread. couldn't take the crashes anymore. #-o
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 29 Jun 2009 01:23

I'll have 4 days off...what could I possibly do with all of that time?
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 29 Jun 2009 01:40

I hope to get a chance to work on it a bit more tonight and then after work the next few days... if so, you guys will have plenty to do on your long weekend! B-)

I played it for a while today just to see what happened when you talk with Wolf. I still don't know exactly what happens... it gets pretty busy is all I can tell you! My poor old gaming 'puter squatted for a bit while the herd was being spawned and then WW3 broke out in the rookie village!

BTW.... I am planning on leaving it "ungoverned" as far as loading a saved game. In other words you will get an instant respawn of any critters that were controlled by level change spawning. That does not apply to spawns that are event triggered (like talking to Wolf).... those are one-time-only spawns. It could get really messy if you load a saved game! 8-[
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 29 Jun 2009 01:42

SWEET :-bd Got 'er booted up... nice main menu artwork & soundtrack.

LET'S ROLL! :ymbringiton:

UPDATE: Can somebody tell me just WTF is going on @ rookie village with the rookies turning hostile - right off the get-go? Is this fkr broke or is this the plan? Good God, let a guy get some armor thicker than flannel first! X(
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby mircislav on 29 Jun 2009 09:07

Is it hard to insert some new faction (with their own story), just to make things more complicated and messier? :-k
mircislav

Postby busetibi on 29 Jun 2009 09:46

fatrap wrote: It could get really messy if you load a saved game! 8-[

\:d/
busetibi
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions