Re: FPS Run 'n Gun Special Edition

Postby busetibi on 01 Mar 2009 11:18

I am focusing more on "fun" enhancements and lightening up the gameplay a bit

=D> :salute:
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 01 Mar 2009 12:22

I dunno NatVac... the chainsaw is pretty rusty. I might have to get out the BFH to get it to work right! :mozilla_surprised:

Hmmm.... maybe I will make a special feature for Audioave10 just to show him what scary is..... :-J

But I have tweaked a few things already... the mutants are easier to kill and they drop items more frequently and the price of the skills has been lowered a lot. The standard 12 ga. buckshot rounds are more effective and some of the standard weapons are a bit more accurate. The "spawn in your face" stuff is back.... I dropped the "grace period"... so you will have to pay for loading a saved game. (That sounds like I am making it harder, but in reality I think it makes it more fun because you get more trigger time. Ya gotta have something to shoot at with all my nifty weapons!)

I hope that the hard core gamers like busetibi will still find it challenging enough... ;)

Anyhow, it is nice to play with it again. I played a few of the newer games and they just don't grab me like SoC does! :thumbright:
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 01 Mar 2009 13:25

:-bd

Awesome, glad to see your back at modding, and hopefully with a new version of R&G to be released maybe?
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 01 Mar 2009 13:57

fatrap wrote:The "spawn in your face" stuff is back.... I dropped the "grace period"... so you will have to pay for loading a saved game. (That sounds like I am making it harder, but in reality I think it makes it more fun because you get more trigger time. Ya gotta have something to shoot at with all my nifty weapons!)

I'm glad you're bringing it back,yes it does make it slightly harder but on the flip side it makes you go hunting and checking out all the map before you exit it, I've always liked the idea of being penalised for loading a saved game.
a couple of requests if I may :-k
please remove the "Super Artifact" and the "Easy" load out at the start of the game.
I'm guessing you're going after an (Original) FPS R&G 2 difficulty, can't see why you would need the SA and Easy load out.
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 01 Mar 2009 15:33

busetibi wrote:I'm glad you're bringing it back,yes it does make it slightly harder but on the flip side it makes you go hunting and checking out all the map before you exit it, I've always liked the idea of being penalized for loading a saved game.
a couple of requests if I may :-k
please remove the "Super Artifact" and the "Easy" load out at the start of the game.
I'm guessing you're going after an (Original) FPS R&G 2 difficulty, can't see why you would need the SA and Easy load out.

WHAT!!!!???? NO SUPER ARTIFACT!!!???? AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!! #-o
Maybe just tone the artifact down a bit or substitute something really nice in it's place? I want to give folks the incentive to really go after that military post early in the game. Nothing like a good tussle to start things off right!

As far as the load out... what would you suggest? I am loading out a Winchester pump shotgun and the Kommander pistol on the present version. Remember that the game starts out with 3 Strangers spawning in the rookie village when you talk to Wolf....

Yep, jamie1992.... I will eventually release it to the folks that want it. It will be a while yet while I re-tune it.

The present difficulty level is somewhat similar to R&G 2... maybe a little easier.
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 01 Mar 2009 21:33

I'm with busetibi on the spawns on reload....

It is one of the few new tricks in a mod that completely changed the way I played SHOC. I visited parts of levels off the beaten track that I had never seen before, just because I wanted to ensure it was cleared out before leaving. I played each level for an hour or more, creeping around when I saw those Strangers and shotgunning the shit out of rats for fun.

My suggestions :

Randomise Spawns
Use the math.random thing we discussed briefly ages ago (I have an example script I can send you). With that, some loads could punish more than others, or in different ways.... for example, 1 spawns zombies everywhere, 1 rats, 1 strangers.... could be fun!! Never know what you may meet. The math random can also be used to spawn in different locations, so you may get 4 strangers at corners of the map, or 3 together and 1 alone. Would mix things up a bit. You know some people (looking at you busetibi) will work out the spawns and know when they have cleared a level, don't let them (him) have that luxury.

New weapons
Not arsenal mod levels, but some of the better ones. I would say that Gosuke's P90 and PKM would be excellent additions. P90 for those underground labs, and the PKM for mowing down rat spawns, zombies, dogs, etc. If you want them I could send you little addon packs, where I have tweaked sounds and things to keep them better matched to the feel of SHOC weapons, would be happy to help buddy.
EggChen

Postby audioave10 on 02 Mar 2009 00:51

This sounds good. The only thing that ever really bothered me was
that "strangers" could predict the future (sometimes) and seem to
know where you would be before you got there (detection range).
I don't mind the dificulty if it's still somewhat realistic. You still
made excellent mods so your decisions I would accept and try. We
are very spoiled and waiting for Newsa v3.0, Lost Alpha and now
the next version of Run & Gun. The future of the "Zone" is in the
most capable hands. :D
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 02 Mar 2009 11:46

@ fatrap Winchester pump shotgun and the Kommander pistol

:thumbright:

edit:
can you make the ingame "Auto save" longer again, like you did in the Special Editions?
instead of the game "Auto Saving" after 60 minutes make it 120-180 minutes

@ EggChen :p
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Phoenix135 on 10 Mar 2009 11:47

Hi Fatrap, Happy New Year! - it has been a while, I got stuck in the 100Rad Bar and left it. Anyway, I am now on the roof so things are looking up, or should I say down :)

My question is this - How do I make the grenades more effective and what values should I use? I don't care if you are a mutant, I believe a grenade should still shred stuff not just make some smoke. I don't want it to kill everything in a 25m radius, just enable me to cull a bit and get out of the base.

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I don't suppose there is someway to make the monsters aggro the guys that are red to you? Why should they have it so easy?

Am heading North :)

Assuming I can get out of the Bar.
Phoenix135
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 10 Mar 2009 22:23

Hey,

These are the values from f1.ltx with some explanations.

blast = 2.00 (blast damage, most guns do less than 1.00 damage)
blast_r = 8 (radius of the blast)
blast_impulse = 350 (impulse effect on killed NPC/mutants and physics items)
blast_impulse_factor = 1 (not sure!)

frags = 12 (how many frags are sent out by the explosion, think of each one as a bullet)
frags_r = 20 (range of each frag)
frag_hit = 1.50 (damage of each frag hit)
frag_hit_impulse = 240 (impulse on physics items and dead NPC/mutants)

hit_type_blast = explosion (type of damage for the blast)
hit_type_frag = fire_wound (type for the frags)

Just increase a few....
If you increase the number of frags, don't go too insane, it can cause crashes and lag.

As for the mutants, not sure about this mod, but by default they are more aggressive to the player than NPC's. You can change this by altering game_relations.ltx in the creatures folder.

Find the second table in the file that looks like this (I have only shown some of the entries).

Code: Select all
flesh          = -2,          -1,
dog            = -2,          -1,
pseudodog    =-2,          -1,
cat             =-2,          -1,
chimera      =-2,          -1,

Those first -2 entries are the hostility to the actor, and -1 to any NPC.... so if you change the first column of -2 to -1 you are no longer the focus of the mutant attacks. You will have as much achance of being attacked as anyone else.
EggChen

Postby Phoenix135 on 14 Mar 2009 02:21

Thanks Heaps EggChen (always did love (Big Trouble in Little China') for your time and effort,

Heaps of info - everything I need :)
Phoenix135
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 14 Mar 2009 13:56

Phoenix135 wrote:Thanks Heaps EggChen (always did love (Big Trouble in Little China')

:salute:
EggChen

Postby fatrap on 21 Mar 2009 14:22

Thanks for helping out here EggChen! I have gotten sidetracked again with yet another project.... building myself a dedicated computer room! This laptop repair / sales thing I started doing has overwhelmed my existing workspace (AKA bedroom) and I am tired of sitting on the floor to solder motherboard power jacks, etc. on..... my knees / hips cannot take it anymore! ](*,)
Anyhow, the mod project will be on the back burner for a while. Not abandoned.... just delayed. So bear with me until I get my room up and going! :thumbright:
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 25 Mar 2009 04:24

I have a computer room dedicated to my hobby and I'm always in it. You will like it...FatRap. We await your modding comfort.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Gman on 05 Apr 2009 18:48

Hey Fatrap!

Its good to see you still at it. I've been on the Clear Sky side of things lately.
Good luck with the "room" and looking forward to a "Fun 'n Gun" version.

Gman :thumbright:
Gman

Postby OldFighter on 26 May 2009 09:11

Hi Fatrap. Long time no see. Been a little busy myself.

Are you going to be working on anything for CS? It is not bad except for the ending but could really use your special touch.
There is no social situation so serious that it can not be solved by the proper use of high explosives.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby shift3r on 30 May 2009 17:58

good fun so far, thank you to fatrap and the other authors :)
-----

i read that most artifacts need to have their properties purchased. where? is it Doc? one of the eco people? i know this is lazy of me but i want to unload a lot of them depending on what happens next (price and convienience of purchase etc)
-----

i also need a fix for the inventory bug on my res of 1680x1050. i did have this sorted but i lost it after a reinstall. i wish i had at least written which x, y values i used and now i can't even remember which section it is :S

the problem is that i can't action the gear on the lowest row (and second lowest), pain in the arse with food being down there! i have installed the widescreen scopes by pseudononymous (sp?).
-----

can i use the rest of Darius6's sound overhaul without too much hassle? i do see that there will be some merging needed with files like weapons.ltx and unique_items.ltx being involved.
shift3r

Postby nandersen on 30 May 2009 19:05

OldFighter wrote:Hi Fatrap. Long time no see. Been a little busy myself.

Are you going to be working on anything for CS? It is not bad except for the ending but could really use your special touch.

Clear Sky is pretty much a Run 'n Gun game even without mods :D
"They shoot and I run and I spill my drink - all over my uniform..."
My files for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: http://zhat.dk/stalker/
nandersen
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 31 May 2009 06:58

shift3r wrote:good fun so far, thank you to fatrap and the other authors :)
-----

i read that most artifacts need to have their properties purchased. where? is it Doc? one of the eco people? i know this is lazy of me but i want to unload a lot of them depending on what happens next (price and convienience of purchase etc)
-----

welcome to the boards shift3r :thumbright:

you can buy the "Skill Trainers" off most of the important NPC's, Wolf, Fox,Snitch and the new character "Doc" in Red Forest,
I can't remember if the Traders sell the Skill Trainers :-??
you'll need levels one to five to get the best protection from each of the Trainers, and they dont come cheap either.
busetibi
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions