FPS Run 'n Gun Special Edition

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: FPS Run 'n Gun Special Edition

Postby fatrap on 04 Jul 2009 17:41

Balious wrote:Im interested in trying this mod out but seeing some people having lots of weight sort of puts me off it (although I like having lots of weight).

It seems like great fun and getting to kill other players that were turned into NPCs seems quite fun. But how hard is this mod in terms of the others? such as is it harder then NEWSA extreme or easier? I be trying this mod but after I am done with AMK I think.

Oh forgot another question. How well does the AI work to survive? For guys like Fox, Wolf, Nimble, Mole and so on. Do they die right at the start if you don't help protect them? Or does it take an army of everything to kill one person?

OK... let me see if I can answer some of your questions! First, I don't really understand what you are talking about regarding the weight issue... try rephrasing that and maybe I will catch on! Next, this mod is really pretty easy to play. Much easier than NEWSA Extreme. Once you get your equipment built up, it is almost like a walk in the park! And last, most of the key NPC's are pretty hard to kill. You will not have to protect them and you will see some of them travel the map after your mission with them is over.

Let me know if you have any other questions! :thumbright:

@fiznerpin1962... I really don't know what to tell you.... R&G Special Edition was easier than R&G3 and a little harder than R&G2. But it did have a lot of different features that could be taken as good or bad. Just personal preference, I guess. The R&G Mutant Madness is very similar to the Special Edition... the main thing is that you do not have to deal with the uber-bad guys until you hit freeplay mode. During the normal game, they were replaced by mutants and some of these mutants are pretty nasty to deal with. But there is lots of goodies that are easy to get and the Skills pricing is pretty cheap. I really tried to gear this mod toward a high level of fun. There are a few moments that can be frustrating, but overall it is fairly easy. I think you will like Mutant Madness better than you did the Special Edition.... hope so anyhow! :thumbright:
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 04 Jul 2009 18:14

Thanks for replying fatrap, by the weight thing using a few pictures from the others as examples.

http://i43.tinypic.com/utt2q.jpg
In this one the the characters weight limit is 2150.0. I do like having lots of weight but I myself think thats a little too much. Is this just because of that suit he found or do you actually start with this weight? It feels to me like cheating but it shouldn't affect me. I hope this is more clear to understand.

After seeing some of these pictures it seems quite harder then extreme.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 04 Jul 2009 18:45

Weight is more than normal but not THAT much as that is the EXOsuit and it has the most weight of any suit.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 04 Jul 2009 19:23

Balious wrote:Thanks for replying fatrap, by the weight thing using a few pictures from the others as examples.

http://i43.tinypic.com/utt2q.jpg
In this one the the characters weight limit is 2150.0. I do like having lots of weight but I myself think thats a little too much. Is this just because of that suit he found or do you actually start with this weight? It feels to me like cheating but it shouldn't affect me. I hope this is more clear to understand.

After seeing some of these pictures it seems quite harder then extreme.

Your base weight that you can carry is 150 kilos..... there are a few suits ( four I think) that will boost that. It is easy to adjust the weight capacity of the suits. If you want them adjusted for your own style of playing, let me know and I will do a special file for you! :thumbright:

The photos can be misleading... what can make this mod hard is if you load a quick save. That will respawn a whole new wave of mutants for that level in addition to any that were there when you made the quick save. Some of the photos are from loaded quick saves.... #-o
Sometimes you might want to load a quick save to get more mutants for their drops.... it is very dependent upon the style of play the user desires. :-bd
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 04 Jul 2009 20:36

Having a blast so far.

I maxed out my hunter skill as soon as I could and am now getting a ton of goodies. I am keeping what I can use later on and trading everything else to build up my other skills. Only problem has been friendly fire during some of the mutant swarms. They do not shoot any better then I do. :))
There is no social situation so serious that it can not be solved by the proper use of high explosives.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 05 Jul 2009 00:14

Hunter skill-5
BulletCap skill-4
Getting in and out of Bar is something else.
:-ss
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 05 Jul 2009 03:58

Crap!!!!! I forgot the freakin Burers in the backwoods of Garbage. L-)

I went in and out of Garbage about 5 or 6 times or so before I remembered them and then had a really tough time cleaning them out. Had to get on top of one of the hills and snipe them a few at a time until they were all down, then I could worry about all the rats and dogs. Took about a dozen tries before I managed to get them all without dying.
There is no social situation so serious that it can not be solved by the proper use of high explosives.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 05 Jul 2009 06:56

I agree...this is the funnest mod! Hunter, Health and BulletCap skills
are maxed out. I've killed 19 controllers and haven't even been to Lab X18 yet. Already rank #1. No controller crashes yet...Good job!
Thanks - FatRap. :thumbright:
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 05 Jul 2009 11:28

Balious wrote:After seeing some of these pictures it seems quite harder then extreme.

overall it's not, I'm not saying that getting out of Cordon is a cake walk, but it's a lot easier than Extreme NEWSA.
with regards to the armour weight issue, of course you dont HAVE to use the armour you could always just use the lower weight suits, but seeing as you have to purchase Skill Levels (and they aint cheap) you need to be able to lug around a lot of stuff to sell and get money to buy the Skills.
It's a fun mod with lots of shoot 'em up areas, one of the reasons I like the R&G whole series is the fun factor (well except R&G3 which is a bitch of a mod and not for the faint hearted).
saddle up Balious :-bd
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 05 Jul 2009 13:41

G'morning y'all! Sounds like everyone is having fun and that is what it is all about! :-bd

Well.... off to the Brain Scorcher for me today! I have lots of 12 ga. magnum ammo and my .50 Barrett so I should get some prime trigger time!

One thing that I am finding out is that this mod gives me a lot of surprises.... it is hard to track down all the added mutants and a lot of them wander off to give you a nasty surprise at a later time. Those mutant cats hit the ground running and take off for the far edges of the map! The Izgoy are not much better at staying put... ](*,)
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 05 Jul 2009 18:39

BAD NEWS! I just found a fubar.... I forgot to change Doc's community and he is a Rogue.... a deadly enemy. To make it worse, this means you lose a trader and the ability to finish the "Find Strelok" mission. And he is immortal!

So... I am going to try and come up with a work-around for those folks who are already playing the mod. I cannot change him or his status but I might be able to script spawn his double in. In other words, if this will work we will have 2 Docs.... one a enemy and one a neutral trader.

Sooo.... if you continue playing, just be aware that he is up on that aqueduct thing at the edge of the Red Forest where the Monolith sniper once was. Don't waste your ammo on him... he is immortal! Just boogey on through there and avoid him for now! I will keep you posted on a fix! :thumbright:
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 05 Jul 2009 19:51

I usually stay in Bar for awhile and work through AW - then come back to Bar and save my game. Bad idea. When I tried to go back to Garbage, 6 controllers grabbed me at once and there must have been
60 Tushkanos too - all during a thunderstorm. Strangely, the game
didn't crash but at 2 secs/frame it was unplayable. I may have to try
to sneak up on them from the "Twilight Zone".

here is what 1frame/sec looks like...

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/ ... 05_bar.jpg

this is why I used zombies alot
FatRap, while your fixing the Doc you might think about changing some
rats to zombies. I only suggest this because the game can handle 4 times the zombies compared to the tushkanos. If the player allows too
many respawns he should have to pay the price for it with more intense gameplay. Not have the game become unplayable. I like the
rats and their "droppings" alot but the engine won't render 50 tushkanos - (when you start shooting them)
it WILL render 50 zombies from my testing. Or maybe a different combination of mutants. Just a thought.
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 05 Jul 2009 20:40

OK... I think I have a fix.... it worked when I tested it, anyhow! :thumbright:

The only way I could fix this "on the fly" was to edit the game_relations and make Rogues your friend.... which borks up the freeplay stuff. So I changed the Rogues community status to Stranger and it worked like a charm! So, the only "Rogue" you will see in the game is Doc.... the other Rogues are now Strangers! =D>

Just over-write the existing gamedata folder with the new one.... it doesn't matter which patch version you are playing:

http://www.mediafire.com/?do2y2ottmnz

As a bonus, I re-textured the mutant cat and put it in here AND added a bunch of weapon textures from the Alpha 1935 version that looked pretty nifty!

@audiave10... the problem you are encountering is not due to the type of mutants but the fact that they all piled up on each other in a big heap. I have had to stop what I was doing and drag the corpses away from the pile one at a time to get my frame rate back up. It is a real pain.... I usually run backwards and leave a trail of corpses so that this will not happen. You might want to try that! :thumbright:
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby Ultradad on 05 Jul 2009 21:11

Hello there :thumbright:

Thanks for the quick fix FatRap =D> , havent got that far into the game yet but having tons of fun. I am working the zones realy hard and looking into all the out of way places :D . I got a bus load of Dwarfs (the hard ones) in garbage to clear up soon, must be 16-20 of them so thats gonna be fun :ymdevil: . They hanging out with the dogs by the Single Tree on right side of map the buggers :-J
Mobo: P35 DS4 r1.1 Bios 14
CPU: E6300@3.75 Ghz
Memory: OCZ Gold Edition 4GB @ 5,5,5,15
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Fatality and DR100 Headphones
Graphics Card : Asus 5770
Power Supply: Corsair 550 Modular
Case: Lian Li PC +3
Monitor: SyncMaster 226bw
O/S: Windows 7 64 Bit
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 05 Jul 2009 23:06

Ultradad wrote:Hello there :thumbright:

Thanks for the quick fix FatRap =D> , havent got that far into the game yet but having tons of fun. I am working the zones realy hard and looking into all the out of way places :D . I got a bus load of Dwarfs (the hard ones) in garbage to clear up soon, must be 16-20 of them so thats gonna be fun :ymdevil: . They hanging out with the dogs by the Single Tree on right side of map the buggers :-J

You are gonna have a chore clearing out those Burers Ultradad! :snakeman:

What do you think of the new cat texture?? It isn't perfect but I think it looks better....

BTW... the fix does NOT require a new game... it takes effect "on the fly"! :-bd

EDIT!!! Here is a link to the complete updated version for the folks that did not download the original... you do not need the "fix" for this one!!
http://www.mediafire.com/?g2zm2yomm42
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby Ultradad on 06 Jul 2009 01:04

The new cat textures look great FatRap, it looks like a real fur coat, nice work m8 =D> .Yeh Its gonna be fun but i am packing some hardware now. I got 15 rpgs, grenades,most of your special weapons :D and got nealy all my skills maxed ( just radiation to go)

The best thing about this mod is everything that drops is mine, all Mine, and i can drag it all back to barkeep to sell, i love it :ymdevil: Pulling 600+ lbs of used weapons and body parts back to sell puts a big old smile on my face, i am a loot Whore and proud of it \:d/

Well i am off to try and get garbage clear now :D
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby Ultradad on 06 Jul 2009 01:56

Oh dear, this is worst than i thought, the fekkers have been breeding while i have been having fun :-o . I love the new cat skin and got a nice close up, lovely :thumbright:

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/Newlookingcat.jpg

And now you can feel my pain, not sure how i am gonna clear this lot, i might have to pretend there not there :)) I warmed up a little on a few easy mobs then took a slow walk over to check out the mobs and almost crapped myself :ymdevil:

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/Warmingup.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/OMFGwheresthenuke.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/Theyseenme.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/Extrashotgunbulletsincomming.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/Iamsodeadlol.jpg

I died painfully 2 secs after last screenshot, any advice for a scared stalker :-o
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 06 Jul 2009 03:11

Ultradad wrote:
I died painfully 2 secs after last screenshot, any advice for a scared stalker :-o

Wellll... you got quite a mess to deal with there! About all you can do is to try to lure them out one-at-a-time... try getting their attention them head for a safe spot where you can snipe them. Those 12 ga. maggies work pretty good... but it will take a whole bunch of shooting to clear that mob! G'luck! #-o
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 06 Jul 2009 03:17

Ultradad, been there, done that, something ate the t-shirt. :-J

Get the best sniper rifle you can, if you had enough rad protection get on top the garbage hill, find some cover and snipe them starting at the outer edges of the herd. Nothing will not climb the hill after you so you can duck back and change armor when it gets to weak and use a medkit as needed. Those that get close to the hill nail with a sweeper using mag shot.

Have several spare suits and lots of ammo along with med supplies and you should be fine if you watch your armor and health.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions