FPS Run 'n Gun Special Edition

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: FPS Run 'n Gun Special Edition

Postby rockingmtranch on 10 Jul 2009 18:19

Looks like Busetibi has all his rubles tied up in inventory LOL. :p I found another "Fatrap you low down SOB" moment going into X16 :mozilla_yell: B-( :mozilla_yell:
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby fatrap on 10 Jul 2009 22:03

OK! Looks like everyone is having fun so far, so I will just say "Hi!" and get back to working on the patch. I have some different ideas for this patch. It started out just adding the mutants back in along with the Strangers once you hit freeplay. But after playing freeplay a bit, I am really disappointed in how easy it is to kill the Strangers. What happened is that I powered up some of the weapons in this mod and did not alter the Strangers immunities enough.

So for the patch, I am thinking about adding back in the mutants AND making them harder to kill, and making the Strangers tougher to kill. I am also going to tweak some spawn points at the NPP.... it is a little borked up in the present mod. Oh... I forgot that I need to tweak a certain immunity on the Zoner suit... notice how long it takes to "rebuild" itself when you stand in a electro anomaly if you have over 100% shock protection???? Gonna tweak that.

Plus, I am thinking about a couple of "new" weapons..... haven't decided on that yet. Gotta check out my 1935 files... :thumbright:

BTW.... you will find that the Pripyat level is pretty tough. What makes it tough is the souped-up Gauss rifles. Those suckers will hurt you bad..... usually one shot is all it will take to deep-six you! Soooo.... you all know where the snipers are that have those Gauss rifles (same as the vanilla game) so use your sniper rifle and take them out from as far away as you can get... and maintain good cover while you are doing it!!!! Just remember.... one hit from them and you are Snork Snacks! :-o
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 10 Jul 2009 22:28

HEy! Fatrap! Didn't know you were back. Hello!
Had fun with FPS and looking to play the new patch sometime in the near future!
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 10 Jul 2009 23:25

"Snork Snacks" =)) :)) =)) :))
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby Grump642 on 11 Jul 2009 01:17

Well, I decided to try Mutant Maddness a shot. Started a new game, and it crashes at the start as soon as I say "OK, I'll try."??
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 11 Jul 2009 02:12

Grump642 wrote:Well, I decided to try Mutant Maddness a shot. Started a new game, and it crashes at the start as soon as I say "OK, I'll try."??

Which version of the game are you patched to? The mod is for 1.0004 but there is a update for 1.0005 that you have to install. You just overwrite the gamedata folder with the gamedata folder that is the PATCH 1.0005 folder. :thumbright:
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 11 Jul 2009 03:29

Did that.
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 11 Jul 2009 03:38

It still doesn't work? What is the error message that should be in your SHOC older under "logs"?
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 11 Jul 2009 08:30

rockingmtranch wrote:Looks like Busetibi has all his rubles tied up in inventory LOL. :p I found another "Fatrap you low down SOB" moment going into X16 :mozilla_yell: B-( :mozilla_yell:

Would not be a Fatrap mod without those moments. I don't know about anyone else, but I really look forward to those little surprises. :))
There is no social situation so serious that it can not be solved by the proper use of high explosives.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby Ultradad on 11 Jul 2009 09:47

Hello there :thumbright:

Funniest thing i have seen to date with this great mod was when i was in the lab in Dark vally. I cleared the top area of mobs and took a walk around checking for items etc and i start getting attack by all these fractures and dogs etc and i was like "where the hell are all these mobs hiding/comming from" :-k .

I was standing by the first door you need a code to, i havent put the code in yet and to my supprise the dam code locked door opened and a snork and a zombie walk in and the door swung shut behind them :)) . I spent 5-10 mins there shooting mobs as they came through the door, shame i didnt take a screeny, best laugh i had in ages
Mobo: P35 DS4 r1.1 Bios 14
CPU: E6300@3.75 Ghz
Memory: OCZ Gold Edition 4GB @ 5,5,5,15
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Fatality and DR100 Headphones
Graphics Card : Asus 5770
Power Supply: Corsair 550 Modular
Case: Lian Li PC +3
Monitor: SyncMaster 226bw
O/S: Windows 7 64 Bit
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 11 Jul 2009 14:59

Grump642 wrote:Did that.

It has got to be a problem with your 1.0005 conversion. There are 3 files that convert the mod from 1.0004 to 1.005. One is in the gamedata/config folder and 2 are in the gamedata/scripts folder. Try moving them from the patch to the proper folder in the mod one at a time. And make sure that you are using patch 1.0005.... should be some fine print at the bottom left hand corner of the main menu that tells you the version you are playing. :thumbright:

BTW.... where the heck is EggChen at?? I haven't chatted with him in a long time. I hope that everything is OK with him! :-bd
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 11 Jul 2009 17:28

I will try that tonight. Right now I am on my laptop. I just dropped the 1.0005 patch Gamedata in and did it the easy way. Yes, I am using the 05 game patch. If nothing else works, I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I did find a strange file in the Mods folder. Something Military xdb0 about 38meg in size. Figure it came from Newsa since I never put it there. Tried taking it out, game still crashed.
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 11 Jul 2009 22:34

Fatrap, I am not to sure about making the strangers harder to kill.

I am in freeplay now and have run into a bunch of them, and many seem to be armed to the teeth not to mention pretty tough. I think that when you put the mutants back in it is going to overwhelm a lot of people. The mutants were already a target rich environment, add 4 or more strangers to the mixed armed with snork sweepers and 50 cal rifles plus whatever other enemies wonder by and it may be overkill.

I say this because when I first hit P-town I ran into 2 strangers, the mono guys and several mutants. To say it was kind of intense is an understatement.
There is no social situation so serious that it can not be solved by the proper use of high explosives.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 11 Jul 2009 22:50

I concur with Oldfighter...
A story about R&G's "Busetibi"....In one game when I came back from x16 he turned enemy and killed my lazy ass. I reloaded (game &
Gun) and took him out to find the great pistol he carries.
In my current game I've gone a little farther in progression and went
back to check his status with me. He is still green so when he was fighting mutants at the car park I threw 5 grenades in the barn where he was battling my zombies & Fatrap's tushkanos. He comes flying out of the barn and the grenades do the job with him still being a friend. I noticed he is green while fighting along side red bandits and
when I kill the bandits he is still a friend. This is interesting...I may
decide to collect barrels and other dangers and see if I can take him out by "accident". :toothy7:
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 11 Jul 2009 23:58

OK, I have it up and running. Problem was the moron behind the keyboard. :ymblushing: Now if I can only get some time to play. Oh well.
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 12 Jul 2009 03:40

Grump642 wrote:OK, I have it up and running. Problem was the moron behind the keyboard. :ymblushing: Now if I can only get some time to play. Oh well.

@ least you're up & running :-bd
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 12 Jul 2009 06:02

"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 12 Jul 2009 07:30

audioave10 wrote:Ok, just WHAT should I blow up?
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/ ... -22_l0.jpg

I could have used a few of those barrels.
I nearly filled my pants when I saw this lot coming at me :-o

http://i29.tinypic.com/v4w86a.jpg
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 12 Jul 2009 08:13

Ok.... I have to give it some thought on how I want to do the patch. I'm leaning toward making 2 patches.... one that just adds the mutants back in after you hit freeplay and doesn't change anything else and another one for folks that want something a bit spicier! :-k

What I am testing right now is the "spicy" version.... and I really like it. Yep, it is tougher... yep, I have gotten my arse shot off or chewed off many times.... but WOW! It really makes freeplay a LOT more interesting. :p

Here are some of the changes from the "spicy" version:

Added in lots of mutants after freeplay starts.
Made Strangers a little tougher to kill by gunfire... easier to kill with knife.
Changed weapons of Strangers.
Changed ammo preference in certain weapons that Strangers carry... they will have better ammo.
Pseudogiants won't die so easy in electro anomalies.
Some mutants are slightly tougher to kill by gunfire.
Changed spawn points in the NPP.
Zoner suit will "heal" itself faster in anomalies if protection level exceeds 100%.
Increased the amount of 12 ga. Mag and .50 Barrett ammo that Doc sells.

I should have this patch uploaded a little later today.... I need to check a couple of levels first to make sure there are no bugs. :-bd

Had to take a short break in testing earlier today.... my MX518 mouse finally croaked after 5 years of hard gaming! One of the wires in the cord close to the mouse body broke... so I took it apart and shortened the cable by about 6 inches and soldered everything back up.... good as new! =D>
fatrap
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions