FPS Run 'n Gun Special Edition

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

FPS Run 'n Gun Special Edition

Postby fatrap on 13 Sep 2008 21:52

OK... since GSC forums are getting about as reliable as a $2.00 watch, I better start a thread here for support of my latest mod. Most of you are familiar with it... if anyone else has any questions, fire away!

Here is the latest download link for it:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mlrdut3arlp

EDIT: Since this forum is starting to grow pretty rapidly, I thought that it would be wise to put in a section of the "read-me" file for the folks that are not familiar with the R&G Mods:

This mod is made for the 1.0004 Patch. If you want to use
the 1.0005 Patch, see the special installation instructions
below!

This mod WILL require starting a new game!

Many, many thanks to all the S.T.A.L.K.E.R modders out there...
your work is truly appreciated! I would like to give credit to
the following modders:

bardak
NatVac
hawk318
russao / rspeed
EggChen
natasha8384
farcrychris
gullgotha
cisco256
PiIsARational
Bolm
onionradish
Save
Balnazzar
gannebamm
dezodor
Melodic
Ceano
Kanyhalos
Sergeant Kelly
Matressi
FacTor-X
Victim
silverpower
Hectrol
Siro
SoCR
Ra7
KoGar
Shebuka
MrKlorox
Darius6
Decane
dunnin
IG 2007
Marco_M
Spyhunter83
Proton
xStream
Barin
Claysoft'65
nandersen

I used Save's CarryMod3, onionradish's ShowReward Mod, MrKlorox's Weather Mod, Shebuka's Repair Mod, dunnin's ammo fix, Proton's Freestate Mod, DEXXX's Freeplay Mod 1.2 and bardak's stk10004 bug fix attempt in this pack, and I used ideas or concepts from mods such as ABC Mod, Basix Mod, olmod and many others. I also used some textures from Marco_M's Big Hunt TOZ mod.

If I have failed to mention you or your mod, I sincerely apologize.
You all did some tremendous work!

A special "Thank You" goes to Russao for letting me use some of his
scripting from his ABC Mods, and to Darius6 for the custom Snork Sweeper sounds.

A very, very special "Thank You" goes to Silverpower for her invaluable
help, amazing custom weapons & outfit descriptions, custom icons and
fantastic ideas! Her creations are a wonderful asset to this mod!

Also... another special "Thank You" to the folks that helped me test
this mod. Silverpower, Nightwatch, FreeKiller, spelk, nandersen, busetibi,
rockingmtranch, Oldfighter and fishy joe.... without your advice and help this mod would not be what it is!

And, last but not least, all the members of the different forums
who have posted ideas, suggestions, fixes and frustrations. Your
thoughts have been a tremendous help!

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Note! To use this mod you must edit the file "fsgame.ltx" in
your installation folder...
for instance C:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl

Change the second line from:
$game_data$ = false| true|

to:
$game_data$ = true| true|

Then, extract the files in the mod pack to a temporary folder and
then copy the folder "gamedata" to the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. folder. This
will prevent accidentally over-writing files by extracting directly
to the game directory.

This mod is made for the 1.0004 Patch. If you want to use it with the
1.0005 Patch, there is a special folder callled PATCH For 1.0005.
Inside that folder is a gamedata folder. Copy that folder over the top
of the existing gamedata folder. It will replace 3 files and then it
will be 1.0005 compliant.

This mod pack modifies many files and will require starting a new game.
Also, it probably will not work with other mods unless you merge
the files very carefully!!

If you try to over-write the files, your game will probably crash.

REMEMBER this game is pretty buggy to begin with and even though
this mod fixes a lot of those bugs the developers missed in the latest
patch, I am sure there are some more lurking about. Even with this mod,
it is a good idea to make lots of periodic "saves"..... BUT:

Folks, this mod has a very unusual quirk... it will punish you if you
do a quick save and re-load or if you exit and re-enter a level. Each
time you do this it will trigger a new spawn..... so if you want to
avoid a huge swarm make sure you wipe out all the existing mutants in
that level first before doing this! Dark Valley will be a nightmare
for you if you are not careful! These crittters will re-spawn in the
same area... so after a bit you will know where they are at!
(Or.... if you WANT a huge swarm.... simply quick-save and re-load a
few times! Just be prepared!)

THIS IS WHAT THIS MOD CHANGES:

"FatRapper" - A modified VLA Special Assault Rifle that you can attach a scope to that has true sniper scope magnification. Rechambered to fire all
9X19 ammunition. Magazine capacity 50 rounds. There are also 2 other versions of this rifle... one is chambered for .45 ACP and the other is chambered for 5.7x28 ammo. The .45 version has a 40 round magazine and the 5.7 version has a 20 round magazine.

"FatRap Snork Sweeper" - A modified Viper submachinegun that you can carry in your pistol slot. Rechambered to fire all 12 ga. shotgun ammunition. 25 round magazine.

"FatRap Kommander" - A fully automatic silenced Colt 1911 pistol that has been rechambered to fire all 9X18 ammunition. Magazine capacity 25 rounds. Very high rate of fire with minimal recoil due to special barrel porting.

"SAIGA-SP M2" - A modified AK74 that fires 12 gauge slug ammunition.
Semi-automatic fire mode only. Can be used as a sniper weapon when
equipped with the optional PSO-1 scope. Equipped with an 8 round magazine. Very accurate and powerful.(The SP stands for Silverpower)

"SVD-M2 Silverpower Slugger" A modified SVD sniper rifle that fires 12 gauge slug ammunition. Equipped with improved optics and a 5 round magazine. Very accurate and powerful. One of the few SVD rifles that you can sprint with!

"Vintorez-NH M1" A improved Vintorez sniper rifle that is more accurate and powerful than the base model. Equipped with improved optics and 30 round magazine. Will only fire .50 Barrett ammo.

"Impulse" A Fort style pistol that delivers a high impulse without damage to the target. Useful for knocking things out of anomalies or off high towers, etc.

"Kruzer S14" - A modified Tunder S14 that is rechambered to fire all 5.56 and 5.45 ammunition. Will also fire both VOG and M209 grenades. Magazine capacity increased to 30 rounds and power level slightly increased. Rate of fire increased.

"FatRap Zoner" - A modified Protection suit that is suitable for all areas of the Zone. This suit enables you to carry an additional 750 kilos! Protection levels on par with the Military/ Scientific suits that currently exist in tne Zone. With the proper skills in your belt, this suit is ideal for STALKERS! This suit is equipped with the better night vision.

"FatRap Grunt" - A modified Stalker suit that allows you to transport an additional 600 kilos. This suit is equipped with the better night vision.
A true workhorse...

"12x76 Magnum Buckshot" - A very devastating round! Approximately twice the power of the standard 12x70 buckshot round.

".50 Barrett Ammo" - Special ammo for the Vintorez-NH M1 sniper rifle.

"Boost Artifact" - One of only two artifacts in the Zone that will give you
extra strengths. You will find it quite useful!

Two new communities have been added... the Rogues which are your friends, and the Strangers which are your deadliest enemies... Very tough enemies to kill and they have their own pwerful weapons and ammo. They are "friendly" to every mutant and NPC except for you. They are scripted in just like the cut-out mutants, so quick saves / reloads and multiple level changes will trigger multiple spawns.

A new character has been added.... Doc! You will find him at the north end of the Red Forest on the elevated platform where a Monolith sniper used to be. Doc has trader and skill trainer capabilities. Plus he can give you some very valuable information!

A new food item has been added... "Stalker Drink" which has many benefits.

The "Kill Strelok" quest has been modified a bit and you can now complete it.

Added portions of the Freestate mod... you have to purchase the powers the artifacts used to give you. Plus, by purchasing Hunter skills, you can get a chance at an additional item drop from a mutant. These skills are very expensive, so you will have to work hard to earn enough cash to but them.

Auto-save interval increased from 1 hour 5 minutes to 6 hours 5 minutes.

Game starts at Midnight instead of morning!

The modified Exo suit can carry an additional 2000 kilos!

Mutants abound in the Zone now.... don't stop running! Something might
have you for lunch! And they appear in the most unexpected places....

The modified Tunder S-14 is more powerful and the grenades have
a flatter trajectory. Multi-ammo and grenade chambering...

You can attach a grenade launcher to the G-36 now and you can attach
silencers to most weapons.

The modified SPAS 12 is more powerful and holds 10 rounds.

Basic carry weight increased to 150 kilos....(175 max.)
(To carry more use the special armors!)

Explosives can now be carried. (Very useful in tasks such as "Kill the STALKER" or "Destroy the Duty Squad")

Corpse stay time reduced from 36 hrs to 6 hrs. for humans and 3 hrs.
for mutants. (Reduces game clutter, stuttering, and load times.)

Some of the mutants are your main food source... the default body parts they had before have been replaced with food items. Almost all of the other mutants carry items like ammo, armor, or health kits. The body parts that mutants previously carried will appear in some breakable boxes OR will appear on the mutants if you have purchased Hunter Skills so you can still complete the "Find the mutant part" type quests.

Inventory of traders reduced to a minimum. Food items are no longer
for sale at most traders.

Traders will offer different prices for both buying and selling.
(HINT! Yantar trader pays premium prices because he is in a location that is more remote than the other traders... and Doc is your buddy.)

Freedom trader (Skinflint) has unlimited buying power like the other traders. (You will learn how he got his name when you see his prices! But... he has the best inventory! )

You can trade most items with other STALKERS.
(You can PROPERLY equip all your comrades!)

NPC's will not drop weapons when you trade them a better one.

Tasks have less rewards than previously. Just the bare essentials are
given for task rewards and for treasure locations. Strangers and Military
will give you the best treasure locations!

Task time limit extended to 10 days.
(Allows you to organize your jobs and enjoy the game instead of
running back and forth through the levels just to meet a deadline!)

Fixed the faulty task in Yantar...Where the request was for a mutant boars leg, but the true target was a pseudodog tail!!

Box size of most ammunition adjusted to balance inventory.

"Terrible Reputation" bug fixed!
(Reputation will not toggle from "Excellent" to "Terrible" as easily.)

Dialog will show the reward when you ask for a job.
(Nice to know if a job is worth the effort.)

Flashlight has been modified to give better vision range with less glare.

The jumping ability has been enhanced...you can now jump further and higher.

Your sprinting ability has been enhanced... you can run further and faster.

Certain NPC's have different starting weapons. For instance Fox will now
have a Snork Sweeper instead of a sawn-off shotgun and the Ecologist
faction is now better armed!

NPC's are more resistant to dying in fires.

The "reach" distance and the power of the knife is increased.

Weapons that you loot from dead bodies will be in poorer condition.

Ammo, armor, and weapon prices have increased greatly!

Mutants are much, much harder to kill.

NPC's are harder to kill. Certain NPC's like Wolf, Fox, Tolik, Nimble,
Borov, Max, Bes, Serly and me (Fatrap) are extremely difficult to kill.

Marked One is not as robust as before... has less resistance to injury.

Marked One is much more likely to get hit by enemy fire.

Anomalies appear on your mini-map and your detector has greater range.

Anomalies have been changed to Electro type anomalies.

Bandages have been re-worked. They now will help stop radiation sickness.

Medkits and bandages have no food value now.

Food has no healing value.

Weapons and armor are now repairable. Repair prices are not cheap! Most traders except for Skinflint can perform repairs. The mechanic at the Freedom base (Screw) can also repair your gear (just bring him a bottle of vodka to enable his repair function.) Prices will vary at each of the repairmen!

You can sprint in the exo suits now.

Some sounds have been changed. The bar music is different and
some of the NPC's no longer say the same old annoying things.
These annoying phrases have been replaced by sounds such as
laughter, whistling and throat-clearing. Still annoying, but
not as bad!

Added dunnin's ammo fix to repack all the odd amounts of ammo
into full boxes.

New main menu and credits menu music. Be sure to check out the Credits
option in the Main Menu!!

Intro splash screen has been reworked.

Grenades are more powerful.

All weapons have been re-balanced.

Quest item for Hunter's rifle has been changed. Now it is a weapon worth looking for!

Added xStream's AI Pack.

Changed Tuskano sounds.

Added ABC Sleeping Bag Mod.

Almost every "breakable box" will have an item in it!

Added DEXXX's Freeplay 1.2 Mod.

Helpful Hints! (Almost a spoiler!)

Plan your missions carefully.... Cordon is your main source of food. You need to stockpile it in order to have enough for the later game levels! Also, because the mutant parts have been replaced by other items, you will now find mutant parts in breakable boxes or the mutants will have them if you purchase Hunter Skills. Save these and don't trade them off because you will need these items for jobs that the various traders will give you!

Make frequent and numerous "save" points. See note above about loading saves!!!

Try to do as many of the missions from trader Sid, Wolf and Nimble as you can BEFORE leaving the Cordon level. This is designed to get you equipped with all the goodies that you are going to need!

Remember that you have the ability to carry explosive items like gas cans and barrels. These can be very useful in tasks like "Kill the Stalker" or "Destroy the Duty Squad". Just stage them in the vicinity of your target and explode them with gunfire. You are notpenalized if a barrel kills someone!!

Explore Cordon thoroughly and hoard the stuff you find. There is a lot of supplies here! For instance EVERY "building" in the rookie village EXCEPT the first one on your left as you are leaving Sid's bunker and the underground cellar right by Wolf has something in it!

Most of the traders are on a progressive trading scheme. Be sure to
check in with them from time to time because their inventory will vary. Be very aware of Skinflint at the Freedom base. His inventory changes big time after completing the "Snitch" mission for Lukash.

Here is a exploit for you... if you wipe a trader out of a certain item and still need more, just quick-save the game and re-load it. His supplies will be replenished! Be warned though.... you will trigger a nasty mutant swarm by doing this! Sometimes you can go off a distance from a trader and his inventory will re-set!!!

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT THE FREEDOM LEVEL!
This level has many tasks from the original game which can be frustrating if mutants get in the way. So I did not automatically add many mutants in here. They will appear BIG TIME after you turn off the Brain Scorcher!
Also, one of the best weapons in the whole game is available on this level. And only on this level... nowhere else! Here is the catch... you have to kill ME to get it! And I don't plan on giving it up without a hard fight! You can only find me by talking to Max.....

Enjoy!
:D
Last edited by fatrap on 14 Sep 2008 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 13 Sep 2008 22:32

Always loved the Run and Gun Series it actualy makes me work to complete the game whereas nearly everyother mod is a piece of cake.

This and NEWSA are my Fav mods because they actualy have some difficulty in them, however if i may i can still blast through them relativly easily but some of the stuff can be a complete pain which is a good thing. :D
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 14 Sep 2008 02:15

Highly recomended!

:)
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 14 Sep 2008 02:17

I'm with Jamie on the best two mods (and the only ones I play). Question John: is the 'Could I offer you some work' from Sid (the Night Star artifact) quest still in effect? I didn't get it from him and wondered if the game is skunky (v8). It is running, as far as I know, perfect otherwise.
rockingmtranch

Postby fatrap on 14 Sep 2008 03:05

rockingmtranch wrote:I'm with Jamie on the best two mods (and the only ones I play). Question John: is the 'Could I offer you some work' from Sid (the Night Star artifact) quest still in effect? I didn't get it from him and wondered if the game is skunky (v8). It is running, as far as I know, perfect otherwise.

Yep, it is still there but it won't pop up until after you get the documents from the underground lab in the Dark Valley. Even then, be prepared to have to "re-do" several of the other artifact quests again before it will be given to you.... that is a "vanilla" feature I didn't tweak....
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 14 Sep 2008 03:52

Very good John. Thank you. 8)
rockingmtranch

Postby Xoffus on 14 Sep 2008 10:22

Fatrap's mods are the only ones I play :wink:
"You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone"
Al Capone
Xoffus
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 14 Sep 2008 10:30

Xoffus wrote:Fatrap's mods are the only ones I play :wink:

Me too... but that is only because I don't have enough time to play the others! I just tell my wife that I'm.... err... "testing" some new features when she asks if I'm going to get off my arse and do something productive around the house! :D

BTW... Good to see you here Xoffus! I hope that many of the Bar patrons will stop in. We do have a 100 Rads Bar over in the General section!
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 14 Sep 2008 20:31

Your mods do always rock :thumbright: fatrap

I've got great enjoyment ( a very thrilling type) from your R&G series particularly, either when I was testing them or later when I just played them for hightened fun. This mods really kicks, beware all. :twisted:
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby EggChen on 15 Sep 2008 23:55

I was always amazed how different the game felt playing Run & Gun Special Edition...

I mentioned in the GSC thread how I once ran off the roof of a building, jumped over a grunt, then shot him in the back at close range before he could turn round. It made me feel like I was playing Unreal Tournament or something similar. The name suits it perfectly :wink: :wink:
EggChen

Postby Ultradad on 18 Sep 2008 13:51

Hello there :)

Great mod this fatrap :) , i look at this mod as a bigboy mod, first time i played it took me 30 mins to get out of starter village as the military attacked and random loners kept attaching me :D so i guessed i was gonna have to toughen up alot to save the world on this mod :wink:

Looking forward to the update, looks like another run through the game and see if i am man enought for it :o
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 18 Sep 2008 14:35

EggChen wrote: Unreal Tournament

you sir, will burn in hell for eternity for typing those two words
as a long time Q3 player (since 99,comps from 2000) nothing gets my back more than UT, it's a fkn POS!
/end rant :oops:

/me waves @Ultradad :D
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 18 Sep 2008 22:23

Ultradad wrote:Hello there :)

Great mod this fatrap :) , i look at this mod as a bigboy mod, first time i played it took me 30 mins to get out of starter village as the military attacked and random loners kept attaching me :D so i guessed i was gonna have to toughen up alot to save the world on this mod :wink:

Looking forward to the update, looks like another run through the game and see if i am man enought for it :o

Welcome to the new forum Ultradad! I'm glad that you are enjoying my mod.... that is the reason that I took the time and trouble to make it! :D

You will catch on to a few tricks pretty quickly... and once you get a few goodies accumulated, it will get a lot easier. The best thing to do when you start a new game and go talk to Wolf is to turn around and run as fast as you can out of the village and toward Sids bunker. Hang a left once you are outta the village and head south toward the military outpost. About halfway to the outpost there is a couple of boxes in a clump of bushes.... what is in them will really help you out! Also, when you make it to the Garbage level, before you talk with Bes get the boxes outta the tall tower there by him. Use the special pistol that was in one of those boxes that I mentioned.... load it with the PLUS ammo. The items that are in those 2 boxes in the tower will really help you out! :thumbright:
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 18 Sep 2008 22:39

busetibi wrote:you sir, will burn in hell for eternity for typing those two words
as a long time Q3 player (since 99,comps from 2000) nothing gets my back more than UT, it's a fkn POS!
/end rant :oops:

Hey, don't worry busetibi, I played Quake 3 Arena a hell of a lot!! Shottie with laser pointer is still one of my favourite all time weapons in any game.

I have played the other one (I won't mention the name this time) as well, but can't say either is better than the other, they both had their attributes.

Generally I prefer the slower and more realistic shooter over jump-pads, spaceports and railguns, but playing Run&Gun reminded me of that type of game :D
EggChen

Postby OldFighter on 19 Sep 2008 22:41

Ah yes, Run&Gun, the only mod were you are expected to beat invisble enemies using only a toothpick while starving to death.

I love it!!!

Fatrap I am still having a blast. I have not even bothered to load Clear skies yet. :D
There is no social situation so serious that it can not be solved by the proper use of high explosives.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 19 Sep 2008 22:52

OldFighter wrote:Ah yes, Run&Gun, the only mod were you are expected to beat invisble enemies using only a toothpick while starving to death.

I love it!!!

Fatrap I am still having a blast. I have not even bothered to load Clear skies yet. :D

Hey OldFighter! Glad to see that you made it over here! I think that this new forum that Nightwatch created is a lot better than the one at GSC. Sure is easier to use and it hasn't crashed yet! :D
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 19 Sep 2008 23:09

fatrap wrote:
OldFighter wrote:Ah yes, Run&Gun, the only mod were you are expected to beat invisble enemies using only a toothpick while starving to death.

I love it!!!

Hey OldFighter! Glad to see that you made it over here! I think that this new forum that Nightwatch created is a lot better than the one at GSC. Sure is easier to use and it hasn't crashed yet! :D

I was just posting a message on the Bar, asking if you're OK? So. you're here. :) (And thanks also for the compliments :D )

And yes Oldfighter, Welcome; and you've put it very good there about R&G :)
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby OldFighter on 19 Sep 2008 23:31

I like the forum to folks.

fatrap, I am on my second round of R&G and have died so many times the local buzzards will not stop circling my house, and the wife is tired of me saying "Oh crap, where did you come from?" :D
There is no social situation so serious that it can not be solved by the proper use of high explosives.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 20 Sep 2008 07:57

A screenshot from R&G3:

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/ ... 1_esca.jpg

I have a gigant running around in the rookie camp causing havoc.
:lol:
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Next

Return to Mods & Discussions