FPS Run 'n Gun Special Edition

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: FPS Run 'n Gun Special Edition

Postby audioave10 on 06 Jul 2009 04:10

The rats herd together and kill my framerate before I can do anything. It's
not just the pile that stops me. Cats work good because they stay independant and zombies work good because they move slower. Too many
rats brought my system to a crawl before they even got close to me. But I
think at the same time I had 6 controllers spawn. If I don't want to advance quickly through the game, I'll have to make some changes.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Ultradad on 06 Jul 2009 07:09

Hello there :thumbright:

Thanks for the good advice guys =D> , i think i will keep working on my Zone Fitness and get back to them when i am upto the task. I havent got to do Freedom Base yet so i am not that far into the game yet. I will take on board the advice from Fatraps and Old fighter :salute: and get those buggers cleared soon, honest :D
Mobo: P35 DS4 r1.1 Bios 14
CPU: E6300@3.75 Ghz
Memory: OCZ Gold Edition 4GB @ 5,5,5,15
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Fatality and DR100 Headphones
Graphics Card : Asus 5770
Power Supply: Corsair 550 Modular
Case: Lian Li PC +3
Monitor: SyncMaster 226bw
O/S: Windows 7 64 Bit
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 06 Jul 2009 22:30

Ultradad wrote:Hello there :thumbright:

Thanks for the good advice guys =D> , i think i will keep working on my Zone Fitness and get back to them when i am upto the task. I havent got to do Freedom Base yet so i am not that far into the game yet. I will take on board the advice from Fatraps and Old fighter :salute: and get those buggers cleared soon, honest :D

If you get in a jam with it to the point it becomes un-playable, send me a PM and I will make some sort of cheat file for you to get you through it! #-o

(That goes for anyone else, also!) :thumbright:
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby Ultradad on 06 Jul 2009 22:35

Thanks for the great advice, i now have garbage back under control for now #:-s . I have just noticed a strange thing since the update that the mutant factions ? are fighting each other until i turn up of course :D . Seems like dogs fight and chase the cats, those big psydo giants like beating up on the rats etc, it makes me laugh :))

Only other thing is when i am sprinting there is a slight pause every 2 secs , he seems to stop then carrys on so you get a juddering effect while running, my frame rate is always over 100+ so i think it might be a game engine thing. Its not spoiling my enjoyment, so many mutants to kill and so little time :ymdevil:
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 06 Jul 2009 22:53

Ultradad wrote:Hello there :thumbright:

Thanks for the great advice, i now have garbage back under control for now #:-s . I have just noticed a strange thing since the update that the mutant factions ? are fighting each other until i turn up of course :D . Seems like dogs fight and chase the cats, those big psydo giants like beating up on the rats etc, it makes me laugh :))

Only other thing is when i am sprinting there is a slight pause every 2 secs , he seems to stop then carrys on so you get a juddering effect while running, my frame rate is always over 100+ so i think it might be a game engine thing. Its not spoiling my enjoyment, so many mutants to kill and so little time :ymdevil:

The interaction between the mutants is normal.... but the shuddering effect is not. It might have something to do with the new textures. I haven't experienced that yet, but I will be on the lookout for it. :thumbright:
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 06 Jul 2009 23:32

Thanks for the file offer...FatRap. I somewhat cause my problems from
hanging around the same area too much. I've had some real success by
editing your script files (the way you showed me). I'll work on this problem
myself until I run into too much trouble.
I've put in a few more cats just to get more of that .50 Barrett ammo. You
were right...your bandit character is downright wacko and funny. You were
easier to kill because a pack of dogs were molesting you when I got there.
Cheers.
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Ultradad on 07 Jul 2009 01:44

I agree with audioave10, killing you (FatRap in game) was funny as the dogs were giving you what for at the same time :D . I got some screenys of how things are looking before i make my move to Brain scorcher :thumbright:

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/stalker1.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/matant1.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/mutant2.jpg

I am realy ejoying this mod so far, the amount of mutants is insane, the hard ones seem to respawn in the same place or end up hanging out in the same area, the worst place for this is Garbage so far, i make sure i clean that place out before i move on as they realy build up in groups quick if left unchecked 8-[
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 07 Jul 2009 02:38

I lost myself in all this... mutant madness is a patch for SE8, or a stand alone? :-??

L-) <<<<< me
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 07 Jul 2009 03:01

fiznerpin1962 wrote:I lost myself in all this... mutant madness is a patch for SE8, or a stand alone? :-??

L-) <<<<< me

It is a stand-alone.... but it is heavily based on SE8. Just switched a a bunch of stuff around to make it a lot more funner!
You will find lots of mutants and goodies and the skills are a lot cheaper to buy. Some of the mutants can be tough to kill but you won't have to deal with the Strangers until you hit freeplay... (and they are not too tough to kill)! :thumbright:
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 07 Jul 2009 03:26

Cool. Downloaded it last night. - gotta finish this OL - RC9 first.... enen though 80 kg carry weight is gettin' old... (-|
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 07 Jul 2009 15:23

Ok im about to start a game on this (hopefully I can play it well). But before I begin just a few more questions.

I noticed a few folders from the link in the first post of this topic such as head start patch and no strangers in bar.

Does head start give you better weapons, more money and other good things at the start of the game?

The no strangers in the bar patch I believe I know what that means but exactly where does this make strangers spawn? also is it reccommanded to use this mod for a first timer?

Also do these patches require a new game or not? Couldn't see anything in the readme about these.

Wish me luck :D

Edit:
Argh the beginning is too hard for me. Soon as I finish speaking with Wolf I barely stand a chance against all them strangers. Tried it with and without the head start patch. Better take a break before my mind loses it.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 07 Jul 2009 16:19

Balious...install FatRap's "Mutant Madness" update (on page 6) and you
won't have any Strangers until you get to freeplay. When you talk to Wolf - run up the ladder into the attic of that house and just watch the Loners kill off the first wave of mutants. Then you can loot all the corpses.
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 07 Jul 2009 18:05

audioave10 wrote:Balious...install FatRap's "Mutant Madness" update (on page 6) and you
won't have any Strangers until you get to freeplay. When you talk to Wolf - run up the ladder into the attic of that house and just watch the Loners kill off the first wave of mutants. Then you can loot all the corpses.

Ah thanks for that. Downloading it now.

Now to see some fun action B-)

Also does anyone know the music on the main menu? I like it and wondered what it was.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 07 Jul 2009 19:33

Fatrap you low life SOB!!!! =))

I just started back through Garbage, entered the level from Cordon and killed all the dogs etc. I was chasing one cat that wondered off into that first little box canyon behind the swamps. I had not been there since the first trip through Garbage and got a nasty surprise. I died. :D

Started the level again, put on my gameface, switched to mag buckshot and came out with a bunch of exoskeletons and enough blood sucker jaws for the rest of the game.

For the record, my wife now things I am crazy. Between my comments about you and mumbling "here kitty kitty" while I am playing she is threatening to change the combination on my gun safe in case I totally lose it.

Great mod!!!!!
There is no social situation so serious that it can not be solved by the proper use of high explosives.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 07 Jul 2009 22:39

WARNING!!!! DO NOT USE THE PATCHES FROM THE SPECIAL EDITION FOR MUTANT MADNESS!!!! :-Q

Mutant madness is similar to the Special Edition but those Special Edition patches will bork it up beyond belief! The only patch that I released for Mutant Madness was the "Fix" patch for Doc.... the new download link has the corrected files in it.

If you applied any of those SE patches, delete that gamedata folder and download the virgin Mutant Madness and install it.

If you need a Head Start patch or something similar, let me know and I will make one specially for this mod.... no problem! :thumbright:

@OldFighter.... you gotta watch out for those dark, gloomy places... I love to stick things in out of the way spots! :ymdevil:

OK... I have entered freeplay mode now and things are looking good. The Strangers are a pushover with the weapons and armor that I have at this point of the game. I sure do miss all the mutants, though. Maybe I need to do something about that???? 8-[
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 07 Jul 2009 23:27

fatrap, why don't you put the download link(s) in your sig, so that guys can download the mod more easily? :mozilla_smile:

(we may have a dedicated download links section in the forum later, for all mods)

Great to see you burning the ground to ashes with your mods again. :thumbright:
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby fatrap on 08 Jul 2009 00:14

Nightwatch wrote:fatrap, why don't you put the download link(s) in your sig, so that guys can download the mod more easily? :mozilla_smile:

(we may have a dedicated download links section in the forum later, for all mods)

Great to see you burning the ground to ashes with your mods again. :thumbright:

Thanks Nightwatch! That is a good idea.... and I am having a lot of fun doing a bit of modding! It is good to be back in the saddle again... hope I can stay there! :thumbright:

BTW everyone..... I cannot believe that anyone has not commented on my "tongue-in cheek" main menu graphics! I figured that would cause a laugh or two!!! :mozilla_wink:
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 08 Jul 2009 01:55

fatrap wrote:BTW everyone..... I cannot believe that anyone has not commented on my "tongue-in cheek" main menu graphics! I figured that would cause a laugh or two!!! :mozilla_wink:

- We shall see... the more I read, the more I want to deep six what I am playing.... as long as mutant madness doesn't have bulletproof strangers @ the beginning of the game - and me with a BB gun. ;)
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 08 Jul 2009 04:46

The main menu graphics were cool and I love the music at the start.
:thumbright:
Edit: I may have to start a new game since even after my changes I still have 6 or 8 controllers & 60 or 80 tushkanos on the south end of Bar. The controllers grab me (without me seeing them) and boy you ought to
hear the terrible noise that comes from my speakers when that many
controllers set off their high-pitched squeal. I should have kept a save in garbage...crap. Great mod but you shure need to clean out controllers when you see them. I think one was in the corner looking the other way and I missed him (in the bushes).
audioave10
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions