FPS Run 'n Gun Special Edition

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Re: FPS Run 'n Gun Special Edition

Postby Ultradad on 08 Jul 2009 06:22

Hello there :thumbright:

Been working hard and having fun on this great mod =D> . Red forrest has turned out to be a nightmare, its worst than garbage, the amount of mobs hanging out around the radioactive chopper is INSANE :-o . I am realy gonna have to ignore it this time :))

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/Givefatrapabighand.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/Ohnoes.jpg
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/Redforrestfightsback.jpg

I get this just before the attack out the dogs that copy themselfs and attack, i forgot the name but theres bus loads of them spanking me :ymdevil:

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr127/Ultradad2008/screencorruption.jpg

I think i am gonna push on to Pripyat now and go freeplay, i think i have had my mutant fill :D . I like the sound of what Nightwatch said about having download links to all the great Mods on 1 page. If anyone wants me to put there Mod on rapidshare for extra download links i am more than happy to help out :thumbright:
Last edited by Ultradad on 08 Jul 2009 15:08, edited 1 time in total.
Mobo: P35 DS4 r1.1 Bios 14
CPU: E6300@3.75 Ghz
Memory: OCZ Gold Edition 4GB @ 5,5,5,15
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Fatality and DR100 Headphones
Graphics Card : Asus 5770
Power Supply: Corsair 550 Modular
Case: Lian Li PC +3
Monitor: SyncMaster 226bw
O/S: Windows 7 64 Bit
Ultradad
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 08 Jul 2009 10:07

fatrap wrote: I sure do miss all the mutants, though. Maybe I need to do something about that???? 8-[

:-bd
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 08 Jul 2009 14:45

busetibi wrote:
fatrap wrote: I sure do miss all the mutants, though. Maybe I need to do something about that???? 8-[

Ya. didn't mind the killer mutants as much as facing Strangers @ Cordon - with a BBgun, a shottie with rubber shotshells, all this in the comfort of a flannel nightie....... ;)

-This OL 2009/ arsenal mod is ok for playing with a bunch of different weapons/silencers/scopes - and I love the Russian spoken dialog..... but it is getting a bit boring.
Probably gonna play with the weapons a bit more, give it up & boot up Mutant Madness tonight - I have tomorrow off :-?
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 08 Jul 2009 22:10

busetibi wrote:

Hmmm... gotta do it for busetibi!!! Give me a day or two and I will post the "busetibi patch".... It will make the mutants spawn along with the Strangers once you hit freeplay. It should work "on the fly" so no need to start a new game for it... so just keep on playing! :-bd
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 08 Jul 2009 23:21

Okay I played for a few hours yesterday and it was intense. I now understand sort of why its called mutant madness. I would like to see more mutant wars between themselves but I havent been playing long enough to actually check that.

Its one after the other with this mod. First im being chased by an army of rats/rodents/tushkano, then i end up fighting bandits with wolf scouts, then I end up trying to get nimble's suit only to end up running away from a bloodsucker into two giants and a horde of rodents. After all of that got the suit head back and even more mutants to deal with. Finally gave nimble his suit and spoke to wolf which happened to spawn another mutant horde. Those Chimeras are sure deadly.

This mod seems to keep me up on my toes. Won't be able to play tomorrow due to busy work but maybe friday and I will upload some pictures. Got one shooting a zombie that somehow stretched his neck but returned to normal after he lands.

Why is it so hard to gain money at the start as well? nothing barely comes cheap, seems like i have to go to plan B :-?

Until next time.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 08 Jul 2009 23:30

Ok. I like the intro :)) Started a game, talk to Wolf, die. Try again, talk to Wolf, die. Hmmm...old tricks not working here (awesome). Finally, live and start playing! :-bd :-bd :-bd I somehow lost my impulse pistol. Was it a temporary weapon?
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby audioave10 on 09 Jul 2009 05:57

That's strange...always a permanent weapon here. I talk to Wolf and then hurry up the ladder or on the little angular roof of the underground room(mutants don't usually climb). I also gave myself a "Fatrap Zoner" suit to start.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 09 Jul 2009 07:50

OK then. Disc cleanup.... wipe STALKER off my hard drive...... defrag..... fresh install w/1.0004 patch...... add Mutant Madness......

Let's do this. :ymbringiton:
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 09 Jul 2009 10:51

Hey rockingmtranch... the Impulse pistol can be sold, stashed or dropped. Otherwise it will stay in your inventory!

Here is a useful tip, Balious.... most of the mutants are very easy to kill with the knife. For instance, Fractures are very hard to kill with gunfire, but one knife stroke will usually do them in.

And a side note.... this mod starts off hard. Lots of activity going on. It will settle down after a bit to a more manageable level.... I made it like this to make the player work hard and develop his personal skills and strategies. And there is a lot of strategies you can use.... maintaining good cover when under attack by Burers, melee attack with the knife, planting gas can bombs in strategic locations, using the Impulse pistol to move a gas can into a crowd of combatants off at a distance, etc. :thumbright:
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 09 Jul 2009 15:35

I found the Impulse :mozilla_oops: Dropped it B-( Having oodles of fun by the way :thumbright:
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 09 Jul 2009 18:21

Yes, this one (mutant madness) is a definite winner! Having an absolute blast!!!

- by the way. Talk to wolf, then "beat ass" here - best seat in the house!
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... _escap.jpg

- Fatrap, you weren't kidding about the Ka-Bar.... that "toad sticker" can really reach out and touch someone :-bd

back to the game..... :ymdevil:
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 09 Jul 2009 18:31

It's not often one can say, "Yes I brought a knife to a gunfight and yes you are going to get your ass kicked!" :))
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 09 Jul 2009 18:47

rockingmtranch wrote:It's not often one can say, "Yes I brought a knife to a gunfight and yes you are going to get your ass kicked!" :))

Word. :thumbright:
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 09 Jul 2009 19:00

Is Mutant Madness a stand alone mod? Or is it tied to R+G SE? I have not been following this, as work is messing up my playtime.
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 09 Jul 2009 20:17

It's stand alone. :thumbright:
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 09 Jul 2009 23:29

I hope you get some time off soon...Grump...this mod is worth it!
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 10 Jul 2009 13:13

Artifact 101
some may know, some may not (looking @Balious)
you may think that all the Artifacts are only good for trading, this is not the case.
there are in fact two very helpful artifacts that you can find during the game.

Boost
http://i26.tinypic.com/240zwvt.jpg
as you can see, it's a very handy Artifact to find, from memory you can only find it in two locations.

Pellicle
http://i31.tinypic.com/faslc3.jpg
not as powerful as the "Boost" but a very handy Artifact to have.

seeing as some peeps are playing fatraps mod for the first time, I thought it a good idea to share some helpful info that we "seasoned" players know.
Enjoy :thumbright:

mods running great fatrap I like the positioning of some of the Controllers :thumbright:
mutes are okay, not too many to handle at once, bloody Burers/Dwarfs are harder to drop that the Controllers :)) (nice touch)
just finished X18, been to see Sid, took out the base just down from the Rookie Ville (*cough*find the Boost here *cough* ) to get him the Docs, on my way back to The Bar then Yantar I guess.
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 10 Jul 2009 15:35

Got Pellicle equipped already... the big giveaway is stats #'s for protection when you click on the artifact - the rest have none - sell 'em off!! Looks like you never get rid of anything Busetibi, ya friggin' packrat!!
Haven't progressed since getting the find mole quest - tryin' to build some skills (expensive!) #-o

- As far as the little short guys, my weapon of choice (unless of course there is 100 yards of green with no cover.... :-ss )
nice loot, too!

- again, why waste ammo....
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... _escap.jpg :ymbringiton:

UPDATE: This is an absolute blast! - I have just been runnin' from Cordon to Garbage, Garbage to Cordon - blastin' the shit out of everybody & everything! Bandits, Military, little short guys (Burers?). Great loot, great fun! Haven't even been anywhere yet! :-?? (buildin' skills) :))
- Kodak moment (6 more behind them... totally wiped out two poor loners nearby - couldn't save 'em):
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... _garba.jpg
Fatrap, you have outdone yourself! :-bd
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby cobra428 on 10 Jul 2009 18:17

Hi fatrap glad to see that you are making mods again. :thumbright: I have not played stalker in a long time but thought i would give your new mod a try. Great job, having lots of fun. Using the knife as a weapon works great, much easier than with the shotgun.Just made it to the bar, i will try to get some screen shots as i progress further. :-bd
cobra428
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions