Postby fatrap on 12 Jul 2009 18:07

OK.... here is the patch for adding back the mutants after you enter freeplay:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jtzgkomud3t

Be sure to read the ReadMe file! :thumbright:
fatrap
Senior Resident

Re: FPS Run 'n Gun Special Edition

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 13 Jul 2009 01:00

fatrap wrote:Had to take a short break in testing earlier today.... my MX518 mouse finally croaked after 5 years of hard gaming! One of the wires in the cord close to the mouse body broke... so I took it apart and shortened the cable by about 6 inches and soldered everything back up.... good as new! =D>

Good Grief!! Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 :-bd
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 13 Jul 2009 01:02

audioave10 wrote:Ok, just WHAT should I blow up?
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/ ... -22_l0.jpg

Hopefully not your own ass.... =))

UPDATE: decided to get myself to the bar. got totally assaulted by rats & pseudos after the changer. - managable...
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49 ... 05_bar.jpg

-then on the way out to Dark Valley. A little over the top, but still manageable..

- theeeeen... a little further. I know the mod is called mutant madness, but we really gotta talk, Fatrap.

**didn't you say in the readme that if I run on by, they will just multiply more? The last picture does not do justice to the 100 rats & 8 controllers hangin' out by the fkn truck.... X(
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 13 Jul 2009 03:14

Fiz, get yourself a Snork Sweeper. It goes in the pistol slot and a full auto 12ga can really help you out.

Trust me you will need it in some of the underground sections because you ain't seen nothing yet. =))
There is no social situation so serious that it can not be solved by the proper use of high explosives.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 13 Jul 2009 04:19

Great.... rodents aren't really my problem @ this point - it's 4 controllers blasting me in "perfect harmony" from 1000 yds.
Combat knife takes 'em right out... just can't get there sometimes (no cover). I think Fatrap set 'em up to be extremely resistant to lead & lead products... :-??
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 13 Jul 2009 23:25

fiznerpin1962 wrote:Great.... rodents aren't really my problem @ this point - it's 4 controllers blasting me in "perfect harmony" from 1000 yds.
Combat knife takes 'em right out... just can't get there sometimes (no cover). I think Fatrap set 'em up to be extremely resistant to lead & lead products... :-??

He is evil that way. :D
There is no social situation so serious that it can not be solved by the proper use of high explosives.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 14 Jul 2009 04:27

Got a real problem now! X( Got into X18...first door had a bunch of gibbering idiots walking out of it. Killed 'em all & the door was still open, so I went through - never thought to enter the code anyway.
So now I am sitting behind an unopenable door with one dead grunt... WTF???? :-w
-Ya know how much BS it is to start from the level change?????
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 14 Jul 2009 05:05

Yep, but some times you have to. It is also a good idea to kill everything around before going through the door, otherwise they will be waiting for you when you come back out along with anything else that might spawn.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 14 Jul 2009 05:39

I decided to check out the box canyon that Oldfighter was talking about a few pages back. I do make some adjustments to FatRap's
script files so part of this is my fault but it was still fun. I first had a
"pause" for a solid 10 seconds (I knew alot was loading) and this is what chased me out of that canyon:
8 bloodsuckers
9 tushkanos
2 pseudodogs
2 fractures
90 zombies
I spread them out all over garbage as I killed them so no framerate
problems. Then I took about 30 zombies to the Duty guys at Bar entrance and let them do the rest. A much cleaner garbage now.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 14 Jul 2009 11:44

Fatrap, I have a question for you. Is there any way to make just the controllers show up on the mini map? Not all the mutants just the controllers.

The reason I ask is because sometimes if I do not find them pretty fast they cause a crash. I like going up against them but the crashes drive me nuts and I figure if they show up on the map I can get to them before it happens. The one in the Red Forest that wonders through the trees and rocks is the worst one to track down but once I find him he goes down easy unlike those crazy dwarfs. Those give me the most trouble especially if there is more then one.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 14 Jul 2009 16:41

Ultradad wrote:Hello there :thumbright:
Only other thing is when i am sprinting there is a slight pause every 2 secs , he seems to stop then carrys on so you get a juddering effect while running, my frame rate is always over 100+ so i think it might be a game engine thing. Its not spoiling my enjoyment, so many mutants to kill and so little time :ymdevil:

Now, I don't know why because I have not done anything but play the game, and I have the "hitch" in my step. Walking or running. It started after I exited the tunnel in Garbage. My "radiation" perspective and sound would not stop after exiting the tunnel and the "hitch" step started. I saved, quit, and loaded and the radiation stopped but the other thing never.

Edit: Loading a game before that started is good. What the heck would be causing that I wonder?
Last edited by rockingmtranch on 14 Jul 2009 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 14 Jul 2009 16:42

OldFighter wrote:Fatrap, I have a question for you. Is there any way to make just the controllers show up on the mini map? Not all the mutants just the controllers.

The reason I ask is because sometimes if I do not find them pretty fast they cause a crash. I like going up against them but the crashes drive me nuts and I figure if they show up on the map I can get to them before it happens. The one in the Red Forest that wonders through the trees and rocks is the worst one to track down but once I find him he goes down easy unlike those crazy dwarfs. Those give me the most trouble especially if there is more then one.

Word.
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 14 Jul 2009 22:21

OldFighter wrote:Fatrap, I have a question for you. Is there any way to make just the controllers show up on the mini map? Not all the mutants just the controllers.

I dunno... never thought about it! Has anyone seen a mod that did this sort of thing??? If so, let me know and I will break out the trusty chainsaw and go to work on it! :thumbright:
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 16 Jul 2009 00:10

fatrap wrote:

I dunno... never thought about it! Has anyone seen a mod that did this sort of thing??? If so, let me know and I will break out the trusty chainsaw and go to work on it! :thumbright:

OK... here is some more info about this particular project.... I located a mod that Dexxx made for OGSM. It is called "Bioradar" and it has some neat features that I would like to implement in mutant Madness. The problem is that I cannot get it to work with MM.... crash paradise! I dunno if it has to do with the mutants I created or the fact that they are script spawned instead of being spawned by the all.spawn file. Tried everything I could think of.... I need HELP with this from a great scripter.... Nandersen where are you!!!

Anyhow, the way it works is you have to equip a detector into one of your belt slots and then you choose a special mutant part for the type of mutant you want to have your bioradar display. It will display only the mutants that you have the parts for in your belt.

I can see putting this in MM with attributes similar to the Skills features.... I think that would be slick! =D>
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 16 Jul 2009 03:34

Sounds interesting, but you would have to make a part for the controllers. Being a family forum I will avoid offering suggestions on the body parts. :mozilla_smile:
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 16 Jul 2009 15:45

OldFighter wrote:Sounds interesting, but you would have to make a part for the controllers. Being a family forum I will avoid offering suggestions on the body parts. :mozilla_smile:

=)) certainly not a finger????
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 16 Jul 2009 16:33

UPDATE: been trying to get across bridge @ cordon for 2 REAL days... got military & 5 burers under bridge... 2 are bad enough... then snorks, fractures, bloodsuckers respawn by dozens every time I retry.... Burers are too fucking tough to kill in a big group out in the open. I tried reloading earlier game - no change.
I concede defeat. Not worth my blood pressure.
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 16 Jul 2009 18:03

Go through the tunnel.
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby fatrap on 16 Jul 2009 21:31

The update patch I listed earlier that adds the mutants back in after freeplay might be of use to you fiznerpin1962...
the harder version actually makes some of the mutants easier to kill! And the burers are one of them.... :thumbright:

Or, let me know and I will make a special script for you that will make taking down those mutants a LOT easier! :-bd

Or... and this is the best option... simply adjust the difficulty levels yourselves! It is really easy to do and I will be glad to give step-by-step instructions on how to do it. This way, you can get a mod to do exactly what you want it to.... just for you! It sure makes playing the game a lot more fun. :thumbright:

Here is an example:
First you need a good text editor. You can use Notepad but I would NOT recommend it. Instead, use PSPad. Just Google it and you will find a download for it. It is completely free and it is wonderful to use.

OK... next let's take a look at Mr Burer.... his file is in the gamedata/config/creatures folder. It is called m_burer.ltx. Now open it with the text editor and scroll down to the bottom of the page. See all those immunities?? It is backwards to what you would think.... if you make that number by the types of damage SMALLER he will be TOUGHER... making the number BIGGER will make him WEAKER to that type of damage. That change will take effect on your current saved game so that makes it easy to dial it in. It doesn't take much of a change to make a BIG difference.... try increments of about 10% to 20% at a time.

While we are looking at him, look at his Spawn_Inventory_Item_Section..... this is what specifies what is in his inventory when killed and the probability of it being there... This has nothing to do with the stuff you get from the Skills section. That is somewhere else and we can cover that later if you wish. Anyhow, if you think a particular mutant is dropping the wrong thing, you can change it to suit yourself. WARNING.... do NOT make them drop weapons, artifacts, or hand grenades. I dunno why, but it will cause crash paradise. You can get the proper names for items by opening up one of the trader files.... they are in the gamedata/config/misc folder. The Yantar scientist is called trade_ecolog.ltx for instance.

You can dial in each of the critters this way.... try playing with it a bit and then we will cover the Strangers and the different armors next time! :-bd
fatrap
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Discussions