Left 4 Dead

Discussions, News, Questions

Left 4 Dead

Postby Balious on 02 Oct 2008 18:19

Anyone getting this game? I think it be one of those best zombie-type survival like games.

http://www.l4d.com/
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 02 Oct 2008 20:03

Yes, me and my two brothers often play co-op games, my dad sometimes joins us.

So, all on voicechat, playing this sounds awesome, I just have to convince them to buy it, or each one gets it for Christmas off me :rr:
EggChen

Postby Balious on 02 Oct 2008 20:48

I love playing co-op games when i can (they becoming very limited for me lately). And i will try my best to get this one but i have hardly any money to buy it. So it properly be a while before i can get this game :(. Wait a second its out before christmas meaning i may be brought it by family or friends :D.

Also what is everyone looking forward to the most in this game if your getting it? Mines being the boomer (think its the boomer) that is fat and can bellyflop off rooftops :).
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 12 Nov 2008 20:18

Seeing as people can play the demo what do people think of the game so far?
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 12 Nov 2008 20:27

Demo is out???? Do you need a Steam account?

Edit: Yes you do, well I decided as I am wiping my PC this weekend I can deal with installing Steam for a couple of days. I generally hate anything that has to be installed on my machine to play a game. That is why since HL2 I have never played another Valve game.

Also, someone already has the name EggChen... Bastards!!

Egg_Chen it is then :bootyshake:
EggChen

Postby Balious on 12 Nov 2008 22:10

Yeah. It is the only game i would ever consider playing with using steam. Along with zombie master that i sometimes have a go with.

My view on Left 4 Dead:
I HATE TANKS

Very good game i enjoy it alot. I just hate the smokers and hunters trying to ambush me. And the Witch.. Well shes just.. easy in a way.

Tank btw i think is too overpowered even for what its meant to be.

Boomers i would of thought been a little more powerful but end up a little weak i think.

The AI is good both infected and survivors. Although at some points the AI ran straight in front of me and it looked like i killed them on purpose (you can guess which person it was)
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 12 Nov 2008 22:22

Well i am downloading it now.

It seems to me the Demo can be played online?? There is mention in the latest update of enabling a ui for "local servers"... I suppose that may mean Network only, I wonder if hamachi would work here...
EggChen

Postby Balious on 12 Nov 2008 22:32

Already beat you eggchen.

you can play it online as i was playing with my two friends. Hamachi did work as we had to use it otherwise we all just get disced.

I wonder what jamies view be. As he seems to be playing it quite abit.

I never ever wanna see louis as the AI again on this game :(. he kept going noobish on me :(

The game was easy on easy (this may of been obvious..) but tried it on expert with my friends and i gotta say we either get pwnt by a load of zombies (happened to many times) or a tank just jumps at me.

I reccomand everyone to get it and try it.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 12 Nov 2008 22:42

I'll give you a game tomorrow night if you want?? Got 67% at moment....
EggChen

Postby Balious on 12 Nov 2008 23:05

Maybe depends how long i be playing with my other friends and if i want to play it again.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 13 Nov 2008 01:16

OK, I am officially very impressed with this game.

The AI director seems pretty good at mixing up the game. You have to play it as a blaster though, I was a bit miffed to find no aim/zoom or iron sight mode... its spray and pray!!

The animation on the zombies is impressive, carrying momentum with them after shot (these are fast, like the zombies from the remake of Dawn of the Dead or 28 Weeks Later). They physically react to where you hit them as well, even before they die, twitching and spinning.

Genuinely exciting at times, not really scary, but when a group of them run at you full pelt it is impressive.

The two maps were pretty good, mixing up confined spaces and outdoor areas. Its got that Valve (everything is smooth) look, and so has a cartoony feel to it.

I'm not convinced of the single player aspect as the teammate AI is prone to getting in your way, and they always seem to save you (I know that is good, but also easy). However, with human buddies, I bet this would be awesome.
EggChen

Postby jamie1992 on 13 Nov 2008 11:44

Was playing this for about 6-7 hours solid with Siro and another mate.

I love the game and so does Siro and my other mate. (Muz)

I did something epic and took down a tank on my own on expert because im that awesome, plus the fact siro and muz died along with the one AI player.

Feel of the game is great, looks great, Ai Director is awesome, weapons are nicely done IMO, replayability is massive.

All in all, amazing game, now if only i can get the full game, hopefully i can, and hopefully i can rope siro into another game. :)
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 13 Nov 2008 14:40

I watched the trailer, looks impressive graphics-wise. So you got the Tank, Siro and everybody else, ha? :thumbright: I bet Siro will invite you now for a rematch. :)
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Balious on 13 Nov 2008 18:56

You lied to me jamie :( you said you, siro and two other mates were playing :(.

Screenie/video of you taking down tank or it didn't happen.

Very likely right now atm im getting this game at release date of game to christmas. Unless my parents change it :(
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 13 Nov 2008 19:33

The 2nd mate couldnt play. (Teq) and you was offline you retard. :P

Also got no video, but Siro and Muz can testify to it.
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 13 Nov 2008 21:07

I was online.. As i was playing it for about 5 hours or so and i have witnesses to testify for me :)

Now about this tank business. With the help of the AI (they actually make good distraction when they like to turn off noob mode of running into things) i have gunned down the tank with a shotgun.

Still thanks to the AI i have yet to complete the game on expert alone with them AI. It's quite easy with other people if you don't run into a very big problem.

Also i seem to be the one getting the most teamed on :(. Mainly by a smoker and boomer. Or then earlier a Smoker and Hunter.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby ket on 13 Nov 2008 22:28

AI collision detection is rediculously poor. To be expected being an EA game. IF the collision detection is fixed in the retail release or a patch I may get it.
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 13 Nov 2008 23:16

Well ket.. Left 4 dead is not a EA game as far as i seen unless theres some big logo i havent seen on the demo.

Left 4 Dead in my opinion even though only the demo is out is one of the best games i have ever played so far (hell this game had all the main features of a game i wanted).

Edit:
Forget my EA part.. I opened my eyes and saw the logo on intro on site..
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 15 Nov 2008 23:19

I'm really going off Left 4 Dead, but not the game itself.

Just tried to show it to my bro, and have to sit there for 10 minutes while Steam updates itself and the game.... When I click on a shortcut I expect it to play, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God damn Steam.
EggChen

Next

Return to All PC Games