Games i want to play

Discussions, News, Questions

Games i want to play

Postby Balious on 18 Oct 2008 11:21

I figured why not make this part of the forums also for people that need a new game to play with certain requirements and the others suggest the game they think suits it.

Seeing as im bored right now and need a new game to play i wonder if any of you know the right game for me.

What i want in the game is.. its horror like with area 51, FEAR and doom but i like it to be a little squad based. Area 51 has it at the beginning but i know later on the whole squad dies and your just there on your own doing random things. FEAR is perfect but it does not have squad based. Doom 3 only gives me the random jumps.

I was thinking if star wars republic commando actually have this but it doesnt seem quite horror apart from beginning of the 2nd level in it.

So anyone know a game like this?
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 18 Oct 2008 12:59

Sort of... Aliens Colonial Marines when it is out...
Left 4 Dead when it is out...

Both have 4 player, co-op as well.

Existing games, there are some brief sections in Quake 4 where your working in a squad.
EggChen

Postby jamie1992 on 18 Oct 2008 13:30

Simple, X-Com Enemy Unknown, Terror From The Deep and Apocolypse. Easily the best game series made EVER.

They can make you jump and stuff most of the time, play in pitch black with sound maxed on a night mission, then again its not majorly scary but its such a epic god damn gaming series. :D
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 18 Oct 2008 14:59

Left 4 Dead and Aliens Colonial Marines are mainly the reason why i wanna play a horror squad based like game.

Quake 4 i have a look at see if thats any good.

X-com i have never really heard of as i think i did tell you that before jamie but care to explain to me sometime what it actually is? :)

Any more suggestions are welcome people :bounce:
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 01 Nov 2008 07:53

THIS is the game I want...and I want it NOW!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/10173.html
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 01 Nov 2008 17:30

How about this:

Resident Evil 5 - E3 2008 Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=OclVQoStcpw

can you survive the end? :hothead:
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby EggChen on 01 Nov 2008 18:20

Looked good right up until that logo at the end :pale:

Quick question, have any of the RE games for PC been any good? I played a couple (1 & 2 I think) on PS2 and did enjoy those games, but I know Capcom has a deserved reputation for terrible PC ports.
EggChen

Postby Nightwatch on 01 Nov 2008 18:31

EggChen wrote:Looked good right up until that logo at the end :pale:

Quick question, have any of the RE games for PC been any good? I played a couple (1 & 2 I think) on PS2 and did enjoy those games, but I know Capcom has a deserved reputation for terrible PC ports.

No, PC versions of resident evils actually, unfortunately, really suck. Don't go near to them. Controls are awful, there are many issues, along list.

But, it's maybe one of the few console games that really rocks, simple interface, brilliantly applied controls.
(However, I tried Mass Effect on XBox a few months back, I could only play, tbh, not more than ten minutes despite that I wanted to give a chance and forced myself to continue.)
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby EggChen on 01 Nov 2008 20:10

What I thought :pale:

I really enjoyed Resident Evil and Silent Hill games when I was a console-boy. I got back into PC gaming towards the end of the PS2, and don't intend to buy another console.

Just so much more you can do with a PC!!

Any of the PC Silent Hill games any good? I don't think that series was from Capcom.

I do miss Gran Turismo though...
EggChen

Postby MeanderingBeing on 02 Nov 2008 08:54

I say "ProtoType" all the way... God that game looks so GRUESOME!
(Sorry, but I have come to love exessively violent games, as long as there is a point to it. I don't like Grand Theft Auto, but I like Fallout 3, which ROCKS by the way).

Maybe my military upringing makes me love grotesque violence in video games. I'm actually a panzy in real life. I see a bird my cats dismembered, cool whatever, but if I see any hint of real life gore, which I see alot from archival videos of Vietnam (Trust me, unless you've got a REALLY strong stomach or are Irish, DO NOT WATCH uncensored Vietnam footage!!!) and Gulf War, I get shivers up and down my spine and the back of neck starts to hurt. Although I DO know that this sensation is entirely psychological, the fact that gore gets to me on such an extreme level surprises me to this day.

And another thing, I luaghed hysterically while watching 10 minutes of SAW with my friends. I had to leave, I was laughing so hard. It was SOOOOOO fake. So is the newest Rambo. They took fakeness to a whole new extreme.

Anyways, back to the game-age! Yeah, prototype looks cool.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30524.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33186.html
I just like how it integrates Parkour into the game! Plus the gruesomness.
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 02 Nov 2008 15:10

Meh, i seen loads of vids on a site that used to be called orgish.com, some nasty vids on there.

One was a dude being held down and some random bloke came over stuck the knife in his throat from the side, ripped forward and then proceeded to cut the rest of the head off, the noises of like gurglining on his own blood is pretty nasty and shit man.

Also seen people hit by trains, get parts caught in rollers (Flat limbs is a result of it.), people shot in the face with snipers, people blown up and the aftermath of it.

Kinda dont bother me really, gore is just another factor of life so to speak.
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Return to All PC Games