Earth 2150

Discussions, News, Questions

Earth 2150

Postby MeanderingBeing on 27 Oct 2008 22:21

This is a very obscure Real Time Strategy game released, well, a long time ago in German markets. Eventually it was exported to the rest of the European and American markets. This was the first 3d RTS I played. (I believe it was actually THE first 3d RTS)
Anyways, it was a cool game with non-linear gameplay, which is what made it so unique in the RTS realm. Instead of playing a string of scripted missions, you choose your missions. By winning one, you open paths to other missions but close others. And by losing, you can also open new paths. The units were cool, you get to design them yourself to suit your needs. All in all, the engine rocked. Weather and time of day affected how your units behaved, and also time of year. You could use lights at night to give your units more accuracy, or keep them off so they're harder to see.

All in all, I f-ing loved the game. It was frustrating at times (it was bloody hard even on the easiest difficulty), but it was worth the pay off. And as you progress, you unlock new technologies, each getting more destructive.

So, any of you guys play this? If you did, what did you like about it?
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 27 Oct 2008 22:27

I remenber my friend talking about this game. Got me interested in this but i didn't get the chance to play it. Hoping to play it when i finally find it and get it.

Anyone else played this and recommand i should get it?
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 29 Oct 2008 07:18

Yeah, it is a bit hard to find. I found a ton of new copies on Amazon, though.
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Return to All PC Games