Resident Evil

Discussions, News, Questions

Resident Evil

Postby Balious on 31 Oct 2008 14:45

This includes all the resident evil games on console handheld and pc. Anywhere i missed?

I have the main resident evil games which are:
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 1 (both original and remake also the one on ds)
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil Code Veronicia X
Resident Evil 4

I also have outbreak 1 (given to me) and outbreak 2.

So whos played this awesome horror series?
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 31 Oct 2008 14:57

I have all the episodes, so to speak :) yeah you seem to have got it right. I couldn't play -didn't like- those outbreaks, though. Main ones are superb.

The game is to look forward is Res 5 actually. will be -really-awesome. I've seen some unrelased footages, mind blowing. Zombies running after you, broadcast TV quality images; and the most important, of course, is the story/gameplay: very edgy that'll keep anyone at the edge of their seat.
Res 4 sold around 4 million copies (actual sales, not dispatch-numbers like some companies choose to declare)
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Balious on 31 Oct 2008 16:09

only reason why i got outbreak file 2 was because of the online play and thats been taken away from me :(. Now im got a pointless game.

Resident evil 4 is a good game but it just doesnt fit in resident evil for me.

I dont rate the gun survivor games. Gaiden on the gameboy is very crap and only good thing is that you get to play barry burton.

Resident Evil 0 in my opinion i think is the easiest out of all the main ones. Resident Evil 1 remake has to be the hardest i think. I mean how do you beat a crimson head?
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 31 Oct 2008 18:18

Balious wrote:Resident Evil 0 in my opinion i think is the easiest out of all the main ones. Resident Evil 1 remake has to be the hardest i think. I mean how do you beat a crimson head?

Crimson Head?? I had forgotten that bastard,LOL, :) Play that game for a Halloween Night and try to get away from him.
Actually, the third one, Nemesis is a also very very hard.
Code Veronica had very heart shaking scenes. I remember one of the presenters was sayiong on TV that she had dropped controller and ran out of the living room (where she was playing) when the zombies had started rising from the grave and surrounded her at the start of the game. :)
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Balious on 31 Oct 2008 19:26

I hate crimson heads :(

I can imagine playing nemesis on halloween.. damn he scare me the way he appears in the police station. You would totally would not expect it. Also i didnt say how he does it incase someone wants to play nemesis and doesnt know about it :rr:

lol at the presenter dropping the controller.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 31 Oct 2008 21:22

Balious wrote:I can imagine playing nemesis on halloween.. damn he scare me the way he appears in the police station.

Damn! I had forgetten that instance. :axe: :evil5: It was one hell of a moment -which looked like eternity (as they say) until getting out of the police station in one piece LOL :D
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Balious on 31 Oct 2008 21:44

what i dont understand where he all of a sudden get a rocket launcher from. I wonder how angry we can make him to the end of game with the options we get :D
For example push off bridge.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby ket on 13 Nov 2008 22:30

I have. I only played the real RE games tho;

RE
RE2
RE3: Nemesis
RE: Code Veronica X (boy was this a craptacular game)
RE4

Can't wait for RE5 :D I hope Capcom go back to RE3: Nemesis style action for RE6, and where the hell is our RE where Leon, Claire, Chris (and maybe Jill) all go off to europe to put the evil umbrella down for good!? We've been waiting for that since the end of RE2\3 (3 was a prequel) :cussing:
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 13 Nov 2008 23:56

Resident Evil 5 - E3 2008 Trailer
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OclVQoStcpw&feature=related
Spectacular :axe:
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Re: Resident Evil

Postby anchor.1 on 01 Dec 2008 23:37

Reident Evil 5 will be released on Friday the 13th, MARCH 2009 in Europe and USA.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=202670

Demos:
Japan demo= 5 December
a few weeks later = rest of the world.

Screenshot:http://www.computerandvideogames.com/viewer.php?mode=article&id=207394
B-)

Just for this one, I'll play console.
anchor.1
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 04 Jan 2009 12:35

Heres a question to all you resident evil fans. Have you read any of the books by S.D Perry? They based on the game series but are a little different and seem to go off on some other things like new characters. There is a new S.T.A.R.S. squad as well in one of the books that goes off between resident evil 1 and 2.

A question. Seeing as Rebecca survived two horrors. Why does she act like she knows nothing after Resident Evil 0? Also im sure what she says in resident evil 1 totally changes the thing after she gets out of the helicopter. In original im sure she said she just ran straight to the mansion and doesn't know what happened to her team-mates. Speaking of all this what happened to Billy from resident evil 0? Where is he.

One last question. With in the space of a few minutes how did all of a bravo apart from rebecca and maybe enrico get killed easily? Well apart from richard still being alive but was dying and even after you save him hes still dies. All of bravo apart from the pilot and edward (poor him) had made it into the mansion. Surely they all wait in the main hall as there was nothing in there. And if they heard nothing im sure they wouldn't send one person to investigate.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 19 Jan 2009 13:42

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Balious on 19 Jan 2009 18:30

Thats great news Nightwatch :thumbright: I think.

I don't know why they just release the demo already. They have the demo in full english from japan and I know this as I have played the demo. Although I shouldn't have it :-??

On other news.
According to wikipedia (not resourceful I know but damn I hate capcom if it's true) RE2 is being remade. Now you wonder why I hate capcom even though I love RE for it. Heres what wiki said for those too lazy to find it:
On August 27, 2008, rumors began circulating about a possible remake in the same style as the GameCube remake of the original game, to appear on the Wii. According to the rumors, parts of the game will use the same viewpoint as Resident Evil 4, with new story elements and a new knight-like creature.

On November 13, 2008, during a interview with Jun Takeuchi on Eurogamer, Takeuchi talked about how after Resident Evil 5, he would like to remake Resident Evil 2.

Now im all up for a remake of RE2 and 3 but hell am I going to have it like RE4. Of course so far all this is just rumours. What do you lot think?
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 19 Jan 2009 22:23

So you've got the demo from Japan? They say the demo will be available in Britain on 26th of January. I'm not fully decided really to play the demo (it could be a bit of a spoiler, I'm hesitant) but I know it's damn tempting. Damn... it'd be much better if they hadn't released the demo, lol, :D

But it's very good news that they are remaking the Res 2. It's a massive game, very exciting and involving. New storyline elements... perfect. :thumbright: I bet graphics will be improved greatly as well. All good news... except one thing, though. I hope it won't only com eto Wii. Because I'm not quite fond of Wii. Not for its technical merits, I guess they are very good. But I didn't like the controllers even a bit, and it'd take the pleasure out of the game, well, in my opinion anyway. My game playing style (as far as it goes with consoles, when if i have to play them) is taht I sit on the couch like couch potato and play the game very relaxed attitude, reclined back, and holding the controller on my lap. very lazy style, lol. It's difficult to achieve so relaxed gamestyle with those type of new Wii controllers. :D

edit: also it'd be great if they made the remake of Resident Evil 3 -Nemesis. Ultimate Res Evil :mozilla_smile: game.
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Balious on 15 Mar 2009 00:44

I brought Resident Evil 5 today. Well rather my mum brought me it as an early birthday present after a little persuading. I tried the game out and its very good. To me even though its not the same as the old RE's it has that factor that makes me want to play more and more. Even though I hated RE4 as a RE game but a good action game RE5 I like both as a RE and action type game. Even though only the dogs have made me jumped a tiny few times (they literally come out of nowhere and jump on you before you can go WTF!)

To make more people happy Albert Wesker is in it :thumbright: You just know he will be in it if Chris Redfield is in the games. Its happened in all the games hes in. RE1, RE CV and now RE5 :-bd
Now after replaying one part of a level over and over a few times to get rich to upgrade my weps im ready to kill. Just bring on the um.. zombies? :ymbringiton: Although im not ready for the dogs.. I let Sheva deal with them B-)

I finally have my PSP working to play PS1 games. And I just need to get RE3 on there so I can pwn Nemesis yet again on another system (or if he catches me then there be some bruises in the morning). But for now I have dino crisis on there :-bd
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 16 Mar 2009 02:58

PC version to be released June 30, 2009. I hope the controls are not
made ONLY for the controller but I'm afraid they are just like RE 4.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 16 Mar 2009 21:36

I hope the PC version is good, but I also do not have much hope on it. If so, no other option to play it on my daughters XBox, I wouldn't miss Resident Evil. Let's see first how the PC version is turning up.
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby audioave10 on 20 Mar 2009 08:15

My daughter lives in San Antonio, Texas. I'd have to drive over 600
miles to try it on her Xbox. She does have a 56" Samsung so it
would probably look good.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 20 Jan 2010 23:51

I realised the PC version has been out for quite a while and you lot said you were keeping an eye on it.

I guess I put my cents on it. Great game apart from me using a controller to play as I find the controls on keyboard horrible. Apart from the controls this game is really good.
Balious
Senior Resident

Next

Return to All PC Games