Quake Series

Discussions, News, Questions

Quake Series

Postby Balious on 02 Nov 2008 22:27

Didnt see a topic on quake so i thought i make one.

Seeing as i brought quake 4 with prey (them two with two xbox games for £10 :D).

I tried out quake 4 and never thought it be so good. Has anyone else played it?

Also any good mods for the game i can try out after i completed it?
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 02 Nov 2008 22:52

Don't know about any mods, but I did like Quake 4... still got the disc, but I suck at multiplayer on it, just too damn fast!!!

I loved the weapons, and even the basic assault rifle with scope is still very useful in later stages. Also, it uses the Doom3 engine, so I found it very easy to tweak a few weapons having messed around with Doom in the same way.

I liked the early squad stages where it is all dark and the whole team have their flashlights on... very nice. The vehicle sections are passable at best.
EggChen

Postby Balious on 02 Nov 2008 23:51

There do seem to be quite a few mods rather they good or not i do not know.

I didn't know this game was so good otherwise i would of brought it earlier. I did not know it had squad based combat.

This game in my opinion has all the requirements i wanted to play a very good game. My requirements of course were squad-based combat in horror like terms as i said in another topic. Well apart from horror like doom 3 or fear it is still good. Now if anyone knows a game like quake 4 with squads that help you please let me know as i love these type of games :).

Also on one note that i hate about the game. You play a god damn scout.. And guess what scouts do :(
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 09 Nov 2008 00:49

I must say that one of the reasons I bought Quake 4 CE was to get Quake 2 in a mouse-friendly form. Quake 2 at 2560 x 1280 was not so
old looking that the gameplay could not compensate. Still fun.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 09 Nov 2008 01:22

Well anyone who played Quake 4 when it came out, try it now, I just installed it on my brother's PC and the latest patch includes dual core support, and ambient lighting settings.

Looking forward to trying it in its new clothes when I get home (my bro's PC only has a Radeon 9600 so medium settinsg I am afraid).
EggChen

Return to All PC Games