Mortal Kombat: Maybe you can help...

Discussions, News, Questions

Mortal Kombat: Maybe you can help...

Postby MeanderingBeing on 12 Nov 2008 22:13

Alll righty then. I have never used an emulator before and my first video game was Worms 2. So I look at emulators and DOS like a retarded monkey who picks his nose. I reeeeeeeaaaaallly want to play the original Mortal Kombat, but I don't have a Sega lying around, so I ask you:

I downloaded this MKI through 4 collection and go to play it, but HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE HOW! ARRRRRRR! I can't seem to find something to bind to the command "start" I have mashed every friggin key on my keyboard to find a binding to no avail! I HAVE NO START BUTTON! WHY ME!!!!!!!>?
It comes with this emulator, but again, I am totally clueless. I can send you the files so you can dig through them or do whatever you need, but I need f-ing help with this before I go Mortal Kombat on my computer...
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 13 Nov 2008 00:52

I vaguely remember that a couple of years back i had tried an emulator, if I'm not mistaken I think it was running through the command line only, pointing to the file and hitting the enter key. It could be something like that maybe, just an idea. :)
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Balious on 13 Nov 2008 08:32

may i ask what emulator you are using?
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 17 Nov 2008 10:22

I am using something called DOS BOX. From what I can tell, it mounts the game as a virtual drive. But as far as using it, I am f-ing clueless. I think I just might download another (and simpler) emulator.
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 20 Nov 2008 20:45

Success! I am now playing Mortal Kombat Ultimate Trilogy on the DGen emulator! MORTAL KOMBAT!
Long live Cyber Smoke!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Return to All PC Games