Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War II
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway
Mass Effect
Tomb Raider: Underworld
X3: Terran Conflict
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2

This here are the list of games that have been most talked about according to nightwatch's browsing. Out of these list of games (can be replaced with a much more better talked about one that came out just let me know)

Allow me to give my top 6 games out of them:
Dead Space
Fallout 3
Left 4 Dead
Dawn of War 2 (wait this is out? If its good as the first one then yes this should be mentioned here)
World of Warcraft (due to most of the world being a wow freak but I personally dont see all the fuss and why an expansion pack got game of the year before it even came out? Will replace if any of the games in the list get changed)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky (haven't played but heres hoping the mods make it good like SoC again)

Can't actually judge my view for the other games as I have only seen bits of them. Assassins Creed in my opinion was a good game except for the story. It had everything apart from a good storyline. I would not vote for random games as I have no seen any of them in action but I can see what Far Cry 2 and GTA 4 are like on the PS3 as soon as my bro and dad are finally done admiring the PS3 with the games and blu-ray discs.
Balious
Senior Resident

Re: Game of the Year

Postby Nightwatch on 24 Dec 2008 14:59

Dawn of War 2 seems to be scheduled for relase on 20 February 2009.
Why don't you make a final list to be available for voting? So we can cast our votes on the best game of 2008 :mozilla_smile: If any games are seen necessary to be added in, then the voting can be edited and any such game can be included in the voting later as well. :mozilla_smile:

(in a few days, I'll have a better idea on my favorite game of 2008, after a quick browsing them)
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Balious on 24 Dec 2008 17:56

Dawn of War 2 is one good reason to look forward to 2009 then. Looks like the PC may just have a good year :D

Good idea Nightwatch. Apart from I have no idea whats a good game to a crap game this year as I have hardly played any new ones. Perhaps someone can look at very good WII games that came out this year while someone looks at very good PS3 games this year and same with xbox 360 and PC. Then after much thinking one of us (maybe me) can decide on the best 20 for people to vote the best 10. Then we can narrow that to the best 5 games and so on.

Only problem I can see is that games like Far Cry 2 are crap on the PC but may be good on the consoles meaning the choices could be made even harder.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 24 Dec 2008 22:25

OK, good idea. I've proposed a 19 game list, everyone should also offer any other games that are not included in this list and then you compile a 20 candidates to vote on. Then we'll see the result, which ones get the top votes.
But time is running away, we'd better put it on vote before the year is over, so people, c'mon, any more games that need to be voted on? :-k :mozilla_smile:
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Re: Choose the Best Game of 2008

Postby audioave10 on 17 Jan 2009 06:12

I don't see a place to vote yet. My list is short:
GTA 4 , Fallout 3 , and yes Stalker Clear Sky.
Most fun with those 3 PC only (the only way I play).
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 17 Jan 2009 14:15

Fallout 3.
EggChen

Postby rockingmtranch on 17 Jan 2009 17:13

Yep =D> Fallout 3 \:d/
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Return to All PC Games