WARHAMMER 40,000: DAWN OF WAR II

Discussions, News, Questions

WARHAMMER 40,000: DAWN OF WAR II

Postby Nightwatch on 30 Jan 2009 21:43

As THQ reports (does this name ring a bell?? :mozilla_smile: ) WARHAMMER 40,000: DAWN OF WAR II – MULTIPLAYER BETA is Now OPEN TO ALL and FREE to Download. THQ says that The Beta features all four races, five multiplayer maps and Games For Windows LIVE TrueSkill Matchmaking.

Apparently, you need a STEAM account and also you need to register with Games For Windows LIVE account; all can be obtained FREE as THQ reports and those who have already have such accounts, I guess will not need to deal with this matter.

Full news and the download link:

http://www.thq-games.com/uk/features/show/6063

----------------------------------------------------------------
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Re: WARHAMMER 40,000: DAWN OF WAR II BETA Available To Download

Postby Balious on 30 Jan 2009 22:15

Why do THQ confuse me when they say features all four races like there was only four races in warhammer 40k when theres infact lots.

Little late on creating the topic here when it came out a few days ago :mozilla_smile:
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 31 Jan 2009 01:48

Are we talking about the same game? For the THQ link and the Amazon states that the game is to be released on February 20. Have I missed some recent news and developments?
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Balious on 31 Jan 2009 12:24

Oh im talking about the beta/demo not the actual game sorry. I gotta learn to say/type my words properly so everyone knows what im actually talking about and don't get confused. One of these days im going to confuse myself #-o
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 31 Jan 2009 18:54

No problem :mozilla_smile: it's not a big deal, we can't always put everything in full detail like lawyers; in fact, I believe they can't either. :mozilla_smile:
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 31 Jan 2009 22:22

I'm taking Business Law this semester. Believe me, they try.
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby Nightwatch on 01 Feb 2009 02:14

rockingmtranch wrote:I'm taking Business Law this semester. Believe me, they try.

I'd believe. Legal English is a hard one to follow, I've seen sentences run half of a page. #-o
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Balious on 01 Feb 2009 12:57

I never thought I start a conversation about this :mozilla_surprised: . Now I have seen everything.

And curse it. They took out chaos space marines out of this demo and added tyranids. And where are the other races :mozilla_frown:
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 15 Apr 2009 13:26

Balious wrote:I never thought I start a conversation about this :mozilla_surprised: . Now I have seen everything.

And curse it. They took out chaos space marines out of this demo and added tyranids. And where are the other races :mozilla_frown:

Yeah, I here you mate. Chaos was my favorite race. Now they've been cut. I certainly hope they're added back in for an expansion or download pack.
How many raced were there by Soulstorm, 9?
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Re: WARHAMMER 40,000: DAWN OF WAR II

Postby Balious on 06 Sep 2009 13:33

Managed to buy the game for £5 about last week I think. It was actually £15 but I had a £10 voucher card that will lower anything by 10. So I got it for £5 :-bd

A great game much different compared to the first one. I didn't think a game like this could of been made but it has. Storyline is quite good and everything.

Only thing I hate but I just hate that race in general are the Tyranids. Most people seem to like them but they are quite weak in my opinion. Even if they are in big numbers. However the big thing they can summon on this game. That is not weak :mozilla_smile:
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 06 Sep 2009 16:06

How doe sit play? Is it a strategy game, like the ones you play on turn based moves, pre-planned stuff, or just any other game STALKER, Crysis, FO3, etc? I haven't checked the game after the beta was made available some time ago. (didn't get that one, either at that time, was too busy with modding. )
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Balious on 06 Sep 2009 17:22

Well its not turn-based but you don't build things either. You can control up to 4 squads in the campaign and order them about like in any other rts game (c&c, dow 1, warcraft etc). Each squad has a leader in it.

None of the leaders can die. They just get incap until another squad revives him or you use a healing item that the commander starts with. Cover is the most important part in the game as without it, it be very hard to kill all the squads unless your using people good at melee (commander and assault squad are melee).

Basically you move each squad around like on c&c and such taking over beacons so if you lose any squad member he come back at it. And at the end of most levels there are bosses you have to kill to complete it.

My explaining is quite crap but hopefully that give you an idea on what it is like :mozilla_smile: I try and find a video later as that can explain it better.

The best part is you can play the campaign with another person. With you controlling two squads and the other person controlling two. Also in the campaign each leader of the squads level up giving points in health, ranged, melee and energy (magic etc). In each of these sections theres traits that the leader can use during battle for example the devastor squad can use sprint making them run faster but will lose energy.

Available squads in Campaign:
Force Commander with whatever you call him (the leader) Starts Melee but can be changed to Range.
Tactical Squad with Tarkus (A normal group of up to 4 troops including the leader Tarkus) Starts Ranged but I think it can be turned to Melee.
Devastor Squad with Avitus (A heavy support big minigun up to 3 troops including the leader Avitus) Is ranged and should stay like that. Don't think this squad can be changed to Melee.
Scout Squad with Cyrus (No need to explain what these do but they have 3 or 4 members forgot)
Assassult Squad with Thaddus(Melee troops that can fly in the air, have up to 3 members)
Dreadnought (A big mech machine thing that is good in both ranged and melee. Haven't got it in the campaign yet but I know its playable)

Hope all this helps. Not sure if I spelt all the leaders names right but its the best of my abiliaty (my spelling is off today it seems)

Heres a video I found from a quick search showing the gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6BUKmQL ... re=related
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 06 Sep 2009 17:52

Thanks, it was very informative. :thumbright:
I can try it some time then.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby MeanderingBeing on 08 Sep 2009 03:06

Hey, once I get my computer set up, I will be more than happy to play a game on co-op or vs. My windows live screen is Dueterium101, so go ahead and send me a friend request so I can play with you folks when I finally get my computer (damn you UPS).

Oh, and I can't remember if it is Dueterium101 or Deuterium101... I'd suggest trying both.
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 15 Sep 2009 12:49

I try and add you when I can. Incase I forget or can't get on windows live mine is Balious.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 18 Feb 2010 13:51

Tried orks for the first time tonight with another player.... (I normally play tyranids)
All the enemy heard as we charged down their throats was:
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHGH!"

Twas quite a sight, I tell you. YouTube video coming in a couple days...
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 18 Feb 2010 16:08

MeanderingBeing wrote:Twas quite a sight, I tell you. YouTube video coming in a couple days...

Looking forward to it :D

On another note:
I do like Dawn of War II alot but I still find the first Dawn of War better.
And now I just wait for the expansion pack to help me get back into the game.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 18 Feb 2010 23:43

already pre-ordered expansion pack. I am waiting with bated breathe :P
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 11 Mar 2010 09:19

Got the expansion at midnight... 1mb download!!!!!!!!
That is, it's a 1mb download if you already have the original. Pieces of the expansion were in the various patches, and the last patch (released earlier this morning) finished everything up. When they unlocked the game on steam, it only took 2 minutes to have everything up and running. Leave it to Relic to do things the smart way! :) Goddamn, you gotta respect em for the excellent work they put in Homeworld, Company Of Heros, AND Dawn of War!

Anyways, more to the point of this post:
I am soooooo going to hate working tomorrow... decided to do a mission or two before going to sleep... ended up looking at the clock 3 hours later, cursing myself. Good thing I have a stash of energy drinks just for this kind of emergency!

So, just so you know, this new expansion is just ridiculously awesome. And somehow, my game runs faster now! I am not complaining one bit. I love it, I love it, I love it. Hive Tyrant and Chaos Sorcerer in Last Stand are AWESOME! I have yet to try multiplayer, but I intend to tomorrow night after work. Singleplayer is bloody addictive (not to mention harder!), with all sorts of new gimmicks, challenges, twists, and turns! New everything. And it is bloody well polished too. Not a single bug yet. I think that's a record for a STEAM Midnight release!

Every limb and extremity is pointing upward, fuck them "2 thumbs."

So, buy this and play with me. We'll make a STALKER clan. If you don't, I'll hack your computer, dig out all of your dirty little secrets, and blackmail you into playing this game. Yes, it's just that awesome.
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Next

Return to All PC Games