What Should I Play?

Discussions, News, Questions

What Should I Play?

Postby Balious on 20 Jan 2010 23:56

This topic everyone is where if anyone doesnt know what to play they can ask everyone else here what they think. For example if I wanted to play a horror type game someone could say give FEAR a go.

Now I want to play a RTS type game where your on a big map or so with different terrortories and you can take each one over and the enemy can to. An example game of this is Dawn of War - Dark Crusade. But I don't want to play Dark Crusade or Soulstorm. Want a different game.
I like if you could list all the games you could think have this. I find them interesting.
Balious
Senior Resident

Re: What Should I Play?

Postby MeanderingBeing on 21 Jan 2010 07:07

EARTH 2150 is old school and really fun. Good luck finding a legal copy though.. It seems the game has turned into a sort of collector's item or something or other... I was told anyways... But if you are searching for a torrent, I can help you out with that! :P Its cool, one of the first full 3D RTSs... The point of the game is to annihilate your foes and steal their resources, before they do that to you... and if you dont... well, expect things to get "hot."

Rise of Nations is another good game, but its cartooney graphics get old for me. Other than that, though it is a fun game. It is really fun to build 37 nuke silos and then launch em all at once... not only do you litterally obliterate everything on the map, but you cause the game to "Armegeddon" which makes it so EVERYONE loses.

Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2 are ridiculously fun. Especially the first. I really can't do the game justice with words. Just play the damn game and enjoy! :) Be wary of the second one though, apparently windows XP doesn't like it, and it is damn near impossible to get the renderer to work on an XP (biggest reason I am upgrading to 7!)

Anything from the Total War series is also good. Personally, I am an original medieval fan (I didn't like the look of the second). It is fun to take over all of europe. Be warned: This game is TIME CONSUMING. You thought stalker was bad for sucking up hours... try beating Medieval Total War in one sitting: ain't happening!

Hope I helped! Cheers!
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 21 Jan 2010 18:21

I check Earth 2150 out when I get the chance.

I remenber rise of nations before it came out but totally forgot about that game. Also I don't think it has the capturing terrotory areas like I want.

I love the Dungeon Keepers. Strange about what you say of the second one as I played DK2 lots of times on XP with no problem.

Total War series I just can't get into. No idea why but I just can't play it any longer then for a bit.

Thanks Meandering for listing me some games :D
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby ket on 24 Jan 2010 04:25

Play Mass Effect 2. The first game is truely EPIC and the second looks even better. In ME2 you can even load the character you created in ME and continue playing as that character! Awesome!
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby LennieShah on 05 May 2023 06:37

I think I will choose a game genre that will never be abandoned and that is minecraft. I spent quite a bit of time building it. If you want to try it, you can click here.
LennieShah

Return to All PC Games