Most Shocking Moments in Games

Discussions, News, Questions

Most Shocking Moments in Games

Postby Balious on 12 Feb 2010 23:46

Hello folks. I thought it was time this thread was made. Basically what was the most shocking moment you thought was in games? They can be spoilers so you have been warned.

Mine is from Final Fantasy 7 at the end of the first disc (on PS1 which basically not even halfway yet) where Aeris (a main character you can level up) dies. Its way unexpected and how it happens can really make you cry as the game gets you to like her.
Balious
Senior Resident

Re: Most Shocking Moments in Games

Postby ket on 13 Feb 2010 14:15

I never really likes Aeris. She was more than useless in a fight. Give me Nanaki and Barret anyday. Anyway moving on, no game has ever "shocked" me, although Dead Space is full of plenty of.... unpleasant moments. It does not help reading a guide, it makes things worse as you know whats coming :p
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Re: Most Shocking Moments in Games

Postby MeanderingBeing on 14 Feb 2010 07:51

Oh god, the hunter in Dead Space was the woooooooooooooooooooooorst.... The leviathan was just absolute fun... Kinda reminded me of Ender's Game, really... Just think of the Leviathan as "Up." Now if only they could make a game like the War Games in Ender's Game... Zero-G First person shooter... without gravity boots.... Oh, I would salivate... :P

Another shocking moment for me was finding a decapitated fetus in a garbage can in Dead Space....

Another was the destruction of a Bentusi Barge in Homeworld Cataclysm...
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Return to All PC Games