Discussions, News, Questions

Crysis

Postby jamie1992 on 27 Sep 2008 01:22

http://www.ea.com/crysis/index.jsp

Great game again and looks beautiful.
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 28 Sep 2008 21:01

Im sure the people online cheat at this game. No way have i been totally pwnt before in my life.. Seriously i was shooting at them and they werent dying they knife me once im dead.. I knife them they still alive and pwn me. :scratch:

The AI needs to fixed though! Only things i liek about this game are the graphics and the suit your in.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 12 Oct 2008 05:22

Eh, I got this game once it came out. At first, the only thing keeping me into the game was the nanosuit. Ai was lame and it was just too easy on the hardest difficulty. Plus the enemies felt like forever respawning card-board cutouts. I really enjoyed the shotgun though. Twas very fun to chunk some Koreans. The enemy Nano guys were annoying. Just grab a mini-gun and they'd be bacon, otherwise, it took for f***ing forever to kill em. I figured out that its easier to kill by putting on strength and beating them with me fists.

But the Aliens, now THEY were coooool. Their AI was absolutely amazing for (relatively speaking) them. They had so many tactics, it really mixed things up. Watching the squidish robots jump on dudes and pound their faces into the dirt was very satisfying. The only criticism I have for the aliens was the final boss. It felt like a rip off of Metal Gear Solid.

So in the end, I'd say this game is mediocre. The Koreans sucked, the Aliens were cool, and the bosses sucked.

Yeeeeep.
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 12 Oct 2008 11:31

The picture is nice, the AI is kinda dumb mostly ( went around drownig and shooting people with dual pistols and cloacked on delta difficulty, the koreans didn't have clue wtf was going on, either running around or sitting there ) could go almost everywhere. But thats only the demo, don't know about the full retail version tho.
THE DEDICATED, CERTIFIED RESIDENT MADMAN
There is no such thing as innocence in the ZONE, only degrees of guilt.
CAN YOU FEEL THE TRANQUILLITY OF THE ZONE
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
We are shaped by fate, just as we shape it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
Akir man yamut malak al-mut
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 14 Oct 2008 02:58

I think I had the most fun downloading single-player maps in the Sandbox
and filling them with nuclear weapons and explosive barrels & fuel tanks. I'd place them close to NK camps and then drop myself in the Map.
Then it's time to watch the bodies fly through the air!
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Re: Crysis

Postby EggChen on 08 Dec 2008 23:21

OK quick question.... when in Strength mode I notice my energy levels drop rapidly when I fire....

So the question is, why? Does strength mode affect your shots somehow? Greater accuracy? Can't be greater damage surely, that would be just plain stupid.
EggChen

Postby Balious on 08 Dec 2008 23:39

I don't really use strength mode. I find it kinda useless. Unless i feel like going crazy and throw some things and people around.

Random guess to your question eggchen but i say it is greater damage as its the only thing to me that makes sense with the word strength in it :)

Has anyone actually tried this game online? its mental i tell you!
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 20 Dec 2008 20:07

It turns out Strength mode decreases recoil, so you can put multiple shots in an enemy on auto fire. The suit power rapidly drops when you do this though.

Also, I posted this in the Bar...

Does anyone have the reality enhancement mod for Crysis?? I can't seem to find it anywhere, there was a discussion on the beta, but I cannot see it ever made it to final release.... I could be wrong of course!!
EggChen

Postby ket on 22 Dec 2008 23:06

This game sucks. The only thing cool about it is the graphics and physics. AI is retarded, although the aliens are kinda cool, and the nanosuit runs out of energy far too quickly when you use it for.. err.. well anything. Got Crysis warhead as a christmas gift, supposed to be be good. It better be. Ya'hear me crytek?
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 23 Dec 2008 00:22

I really liked this game, the suit power does run down quick, especially on delta difficulty... but if it didn't the game would be a walk in the park. It's not up there with the original Farcry though!! I hated the aliens... different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Hate to dissapoint you ket, but supposedly Warhead is worse than Crysis!!
EggChen

Postby ket on 23 Dec 2008 04:39

If it is.. I'll get crytek back, don't worry about that ;) Oh btw when I did play crysis I dabbled with it a bit, theres a way to make the nanosuit power last longer and its easy to do, but I didn't like the mod as I felt I was cheating, even though I just adjusted the paramaters to what I thought was a realistic amount of time for the various abilities to last for some kind of uber super-suit like the nanosuit is supposed to be. Crytek should of made the AI more intelligent and made the nanosuit abilities last longer by default, would of been much better balanced gameplay.
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301

ket
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 23 Dec 2008 21:50

I played it through vanilla, but then tweaked it.... I increased the AI speed of response (the short time it takes for them to see you and fire their weapon), so they are generally much more alert, like soldiers would be...

I also used the editor to place new enemies in game, now I have the Redux mod courtesy of Nightwatch I'll give it another spin.

I do have to credit them with releasing excellent mod tools so soon (the level editor was packaged with the game) however the modding scene does seem to be very quiet. I guess for many it was just a neat little tech demo, and there was not much desire to mod it, even though it would be a piece of cake compared to Stalker!!
EggChen

Postby ket on 23 Dec 2008 22:09

Well, you saying that a thought did occur to me.. although I would need a full mod team to do it, not just me. I had considered using Crysis tools to make a Crysis mod that would be stalker-esk.

ket
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 25 Jan 2009 11:36

I find it most fun when I run around zapping people with the freeze ray and shooting mini nukes at korean camps
THE DEDICATED, CERTIFIED RESIDENT MADMAN
There is no such thing as innocence in the ZONE, only degrees of guilt.
CAN YOU FEEL THE TRANQUILLITY OF THE ZONE
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
We are shaped by fate, just as we shape it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
Akir man yamut malak al-mut
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 25 Mar 2009 14:00

Im getting this game again and feel like modding it or play it with some good mods. My question here is does anyone know how easy modding here is or any good mods?

I seem to of found two nice mods. One that improves the AI and some predator mod. Anyone tried either of these two? I find their right names later on got other things to do.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 25 Mar 2009 14:37

Modding Crysis is a piece of piss, as for good mods, not sure, i played the game through once on the hardest, was disapointed and uninstalled, never touched it since.
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 25 Mar 2009 22:16

Yep, the editing tools are pretty good, I had beefed up the Korean prescence in some levels within minutes.

Unfortunately, there is not much of a modding community, it seems that no matter how easy it is, if people are not inspired, they won't touch the game. Jamie's example will have been repeated thousands of times, people play it think "nice, flashy, fun at times, next.....".

Most of the mods seemed to revolve around standalone singleplayer levels.

Saying that, I will play it again, got to try it in glorious widescreen now I have one :rock:
EggChen

Return to All PC Games