THE SINGULARITY . Fantastic & inventive FPS by Raven (2010)

Discussions, News, Questions

THE SINGULARITY . Fantastic & inventive FPS by Raven (2010)

Postby Bookaroo on 12 Oct 2010 22:56

Last week i bought the new Raven ( Activision ) FPS video game SINGULARITY. I got to play it, and found out that it’s fantastic, inventive, refreshing, brutal, and frankly, the most fun I’ve had with an FPS in a long time. !!!

Singularity's main gameplay device is an artifact known in the game as the TMD (Time Manipulation Device). This device is powered by a very small E-99 core, and can manipulate timespace on a virtually limitless scale. The TMD can move an object backwards or forwards in time, attract something and hold it indefinitely, or send a pulse of energy that can stun or even kill enemies. The only weakness is that the TMD powers can be applied only to living beings or objects that have been in contact with E-99 (supposedly, almost everything on Katorga-12 is imbued with the element, but in practice, the TMD can only affect a limited set of objects). Some living beings, like the Spetsnaz Elite troopers who are covered in a heavy armor designed to repel E-99, are immune as well. The TMD can also be used in conjunction with special power stations scattered across the island that greatly amplify its power. In some instances, the player can use this to restore entire ruined bridges or wrecked ships to their pristine state in order to progress. However, these major alterations are highly unstable and will begin to revert almost immediately, forcing the player to dash through the restored structures as they start to decay and collapse around him.

ImageImageImage
( CLICK FOR ENLARGE )

You have the ability to slow down time for individual enemies, leaving everything else (including yourself) running at full speed. Have fun to throw time dilation bubbles into the combat area, turning bad guys into frozen sitting ducks. You can pump them full of bullets, then deactivate the bubble and watch as every shot catches up at the same time. You can use that same bubble as a shield, to slow down incoming fire.

ImageImageImage
( CLICK FOR ENLARGE )

With TMD it's possible to rapidly age enemies to death and devolve them into zombies and let them do the work for you. You can shockwave them into the air, freeze them in time, then devolve them into zombies, and unfreeze them just as one of their friends gets close. Oh, and did I mention that you also have a gravity gun? And a sniper rifle with bullets you can steer manually? And a railgun that works like Gears of War’s Torque Bow? And that every skirmish area is a wide, multi-levelled playground of tactical angles of attack, designed to bring out every ounce of creative violence in your body?

ImageImageImage
( CLICK FOR ENLARGE )

Some Youtube Singularity trailers :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwogKkHb848

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzOR7KNk32o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb1kWqXqrFo

Singularity
System Requirements*

Intel Processor- Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz
AMD Processor- Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+
Nvidia Graphics Card - GeForce 8800 GT 256MB
ATI Graphics Card- Radeon HD 3850
RAM Memory - 2 GB
Hard Disk Space - 10GB
Direct X - 9
Bookaroo

Re: THE SINGULARITY . Fantastic & inventive FPS by Raven (2010)

Postby Nightwatch on 15 Oct 2010 01:20

Sounds interesting. As soon as I find some time, I may actually give it a go.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Re: THE SINGULARITY . Fantastic & inventive FPS by Raven (2010)

Postby ket on 17 Oct 2010 08:53

Sorta looks like crysis meets bioshock meets fear. Interesting combo.
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Return to All PC Games