44%

Total votes : 9

Postby jamie1992 on 27 Oct 2008 23:15

Im in. :D
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 27 Oct 2008 23:49

you guys rocking socks off?
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 28 Oct 2008 00:06

Bit of a stop-start evening I am afraid!!

Balious joined, and then crashed... Jamie joined (eventually) and left before the end of the map... youngsters!!

Wish someone else would join in the fun, I am just downloading Open co-op 2.0 for Doom3 again, could not find the file I had before. If anyone wants to try that, you need Doom patched to 1.3.1 and then Open co-op 2.0.

http://doom3.filefront.com/file/DOOM_3_Patch;76460
http://doom3.filefront.com/file/OpenCoop;79533
EggChen

Postby Balious on 28 Oct 2008 00:12

Don't blame me.. Blame my computer mainly the graphics card.

Sorry i missed out on all the fear fun :(

I just don't get this god damn computer. Battlfield 2 and Fable work fine with no problems what so ever but FEAR i keep getting random graphics problems. even when i turn it down (and as horrible it looks).

Problem i have with doom 3 is i need to go buy it which shouldnt be a problem as its only £5 in gamestation.

What other games does everyone else have that we can play besides FEAR? I think we all should set up a RTS. Dawn of War or command & conquer anyone?
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 28 Oct 2008 00:51

I need to reinstall Dawn of War, but I will totally join you in a game on any expansion or the original.
My screen is Monster1969
I have BattleField 2 also.
Or we can play some SWAT 4
Or some Homeworld 2

Bring it.
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 28 Oct 2008 00:53

I'll also need to buy Doom 3, I gave it to my cousin cam eback deeply scratched, he blamed the dog. :)

First I need to start FEAR and play a few minutes, then Doom installation. I forgot, did Far Cry 1 have multi player?
I also have GRAW 2.

Now I've noticed, while playing SoC and modding, I haven't played any other game for a very long time. My list of games are getting bigger.
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby MeanderingBeing on 28 Oct 2008 01:11

HAHA! I have the same thing here. I haven't played Dawn of War for so long that I don't kick ass anymore. Its most disgruntling.

Anyways, I'm almost done Re-Installing BF2, and will be on in 20ish minutes. If anyone wants to join me in some asskicking, my screen is MeanderingBeing.
I'm ready to rock some bf2, got me Pantera and Skinny Puppy revved up, a two-litre of Dr. Pepper, and a full pack of cigarrettes. I'd mention the amount of ganja I got, but I don't want to brag :)

Anyways, I'll be partying! Once I find a good server, I'll post the IP so you can join anytime!

(I wonder if my old clan server is up?)

Oh and hey guys, want to start a clan for us Stalker folk?
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 28 Oct 2008 07:30

Well, after a long night of BF2 carnage, I'm beat. I ranked up, got a medal, and now I am going to pass out. How did you guys fare in whatever you are playing?
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 28 Oct 2008 11:03

Well i was tired so i decided to play castlevania portrait of the ruin on my DS and the boss is just hard to beat :( and then it crashes as i beat him and about to find a save point.. What game does that to you?! although its a very good game and everyone that plays a ds should get it.

Great idea Meandering we should form a clan for us :)

What role will everyone play on bf2 when they get it? or if they already have. I like being medic and Special ops/forces (forgot what they were called). I suck too badly as everyone else. Even as much as i beg do not ever let me drive a helicopter when your in it or feast your eyes on suicides.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 28 Oct 2008 11:56

Hey eggchen, the internet stopped working, only been able to get it working this morning so sorry about that.

Thats the reason i was disconnected which sucks was having fun blowing people apart with you. :)

Maybe we can get more people to play again tonight or something if your up for it, and if my internet dosent go stupid again.
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 28 Oct 2008 13:11

No worries Jamie... well have another go tonight.

BF2, I need to get a legit copy (I "share" one with my brothers and one of them had the cd-key). I am a very good heli pilot, and pretty good jet pilot as well. I don't know how I would do against humans, I only ever play the bots in co-op.
EggChen

Postby jamie1992 on 28 Oct 2008 14:32

Ok sounds cool to me dude.

Bal try to fix your copy. :P

As for BF2 i dont have it, im not a huge fan of BF games TBH. :S
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 28 Oct 2008 16:16

How can i fix my copy when i dont know how to fix it.. Unless some of you have some bright ideas besides the replace it im open ears or rather eyes seeing as i be reading..

Jamie why don't you like the bf games? they one of the best games ever! well 2 is.. even though EA did publish them :(
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 28 Oct 2008 20:20

OK guys, got FEAR and Doom3 available, either deathmatch or co-op for both.

Anytime from now??? Let me know.
EggChen

Postby Balious on 28 Oct 2008 21:51

Well i havent brought doom 3 yet hoping to get it tomorrow but no promises.

FEAR i would like to play but as you noticed eggchen my technical problems with it have became more and more often giving me less time and it happened straight away at the beginning so im not sure if i can play it much with you. Hoping the new graphics card i get at christmas replaces it.

Unless someone has some magical idea of how to fix this or delay it till december then let me know.

We could all find an mmo to play together and form some clan/guild like we could do on BF2 when everyone who wants to play that gets it.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 28 Oct 2008 21:57

Bal - Have you checked for overheating??? Open the case and check the GFX is not clogged up with dust.

Mind you, with the temperature at the moment you should be OK, can you believe snow in October???

You got Hamachi???? We could play co-op BF2.....
EggChen

Postby Balious on 28 Oct 2008 22:12

ah ha overheating.. that may be the cause but as you said it may not be.. snowing i havent seen snow in ages :o. I have a see through glass part of the case so i can see the inside from one side and also flashly lights. Mind you i havent opened this case at all since i got it last may. And it seems quite dusty in there..
Overheating was my problem with the last computer. It always crashed every game except football manager and doom 2.

I think i still have hamachi i have a look. That sounds cool maybe you can teach me how to fly helicopters properly instead of me somehow turning them upside down as soon as i take off or making it fly backwards into the ground and go boom. If only the controls were the same as the bf2 one on ps2.. then maybe then i could do some serious flying. Or infact have the same controls as planetside ships. They were super easy to use on that game.
I take it the AI will be on hard mode if we play co-op bf2?
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 28 Oct 2008 22:15

The AI on hard does not make for a good game, because the AI on your team are also much better, and we often won without doing much!!

The best fun we found was to change the ratio, and have say 4v8 with the 2 co-op players on the 4 man team... or we had a few games where we played 1 guy on each side, with even teams....

See if you have hamachi, and set up a network, give me the details I will join, then I can launch a server.... damn I wonder what patch I have.... hold on.

Edit: I am on 1.3 as it was the only one me and my bro's could get co-op working on.... any good?
EggChen

Postby Balious on 28 Oct 2008 22:24

The AI on easy on BF2 is like being friendly to everyone. They just run up to you and do nothing.

Well i havent played against the AI much apart from with lots of other people online which resulted in a easy challenge properly as everyone was so good against them.

Yeah i have hamachi. network name is stalkermod and password is newsa

Just loaded my version of battlefield 2 and its not the same version as yours. Seems theres a 1.41 patch which i am on.
Balious
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Soap-Box