Off The Top Of The Dome

Subjects on the More Serious Side

Off The Top Of The Dome

Postby jamie1992 on 08 Jan 2009 03:24

Ok thought id make it now, as i wouldnt have time tommorow, anyway basicaly here you say, write, sing or spit, whatevers on your mind.

Ok ill start i suppose, heres some bars, i was doing.

if shit gettin hot...
this bitch gettin shot, turned to a liquid spot
thats what the gauge do when you take two
from the sawed-off barrel, the buckshot ate you
phase two, laser guns sunder ya lung
lace you with the razor from under my tongue
I don't hate you, you just an easy target
Vegetarian fag chokin on the beef he started
Rage through hallways on any and all days
My way motherfucker, is anyway, always
And any day, could be You-Die day
Die on your birthday, intestine comin out sideways
No doubt I murk dey and dem know mi badman
Bumbaclaat batty bwoy dem know me haffi hangman
Phase three, foul curse that make me scrape these fake G's

Anyone care to comment, also can i ask the old and wise ones of this forum (Sorry had to say it) a question?

Me and my girl, we was talking alot today, and we went onto the subject of the future of me and her, and basicaly shes gonna be doing a uni course, meaning shes gonna have to move to reading or another place, now we was talking and we go to a point where we said, well by that time, i myself would be 18-19 and she would be 20-21, and which point we could get our own place, she does her course, i get a job, be a nice little thing going ya know, anyway i wanna ask, does anyone think maybe me and her and going to fast or is it normal to like, well ya know, plan that at this age?

And before you ask, we are both serious, and both really love each other. :)
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Re: Off The Top Of The Dome

Postby Grump642 on 08 Jan 2009 03:59

I will not comment on what the "song" says. :mozilla_wink: But as for the other, it's OK to plan, as long as you understand that at your age plans have a way of changing themselves. As you work thru your problems and grow, it may be that you and her grow closer. Or you could grow apart. Follow your dreams, and accept what comes.
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 08 Jan 2009 04:07

I really dont want to lose her, we are so close, and just, i cant put into words what i want to say as i cant, but basicaly it scares me, that if we do go ahead with this, and in the future it does come to light, its the fact that things could go wrong with it, and make us fall apart, and me and her breaking up is something i cant handle, because shes all i got.

Well, at the end of this year winter time, supposedly shes moving to switzerland for about 3 months with her relative, she asked me to go with her, which means me and her can see what its like within reason, see what its like to live together, and maybe from there we can move things around and make things work?
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 08 Jan 2009 07:37

I find it difficult to give advice to the young because when I was that age, I did what-the-hell I wanted to do and learned things the
hard way. Remember, when you least expect it...expect it!
Good Luck!
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 08 Jan 2009 11:34

God I'm with Dave and Grump on this one.... the best laid plans of mice and men.....
Also, I'm "taking the fifth" on the "song".

Basically, you should be prepared for something, but don't expect it will happen. I mean good or bad things, anything. Personally I would give the trial thing a go, see how you like it.

Many, many things could happen.

Only thing I can say is that how you feel now will change, it always does. You say she is all you have, but if it went pear shaped you would look back one day and think "God, I remember how I felt about her". Believe me, I have been through many good and bad times, and you dust yourself off and say "OK, so whats next".... that is the joy of living, not knowing what is around the next corner.

I'm "only" 33, I can't imagine how many times Dave and Grump have had to dust themselves off!!

One last thing, many old sayings are old because they have been true throughout history.... true then, and true now.

"Cross that bridge when you come to it".

There is not much point worrying about things that may be, you could spend months worrying about something that never happens.... or you could spend months worrying about something that does happen and not get chance to fully appreciate those few months of time together, because you were always worrying.....
EggChen

Postby Balious on 08 Jan 2009 12:06

Plan at any age possible just make sure it can happen I say. Just make sure nothing bad happens like in Of Mice and Men where they were so close yet a sad ending. Anyway moving on.

Go for it jammy plan everything you can and do what you and your gf think is best.

Now what I have on my mind. Again maybe one or two the old and wise (if jamie said it i can say it :D ) may be able to help me with.
I would like to have a girlfriend but of course as everyone/most of you know it can be about finding the right one. This of course is just on my mind and seeing as thats what this thread is about I just said it.
The second is I would love to make mods/games but with my mind that would be an impossible task to be and no matter where I start I will always get stuck and of course one of the main reasons for this is scripting. The word haunts me and laughs at me for my failed attempts. I of course mainly need to be taught things on how to do it as its hard for me to learn alone. Anyone brave enough to try and teach the confused how to mod/make games?
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby ket on 08 Jan 2009 13:18

hahaaa... its like a bad eminem mix :p
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 08 Jan 2009 13:23

Well I cannot help you with scripting as such... especially lua...

What I can say is that I did Basic and C++ programming at college, and the basic logic that you are taught can be transferred to other aspects of scripting / modding, etc. I cannot write lua script because I don't know all the syntax, parameters, etc. What I can do is look at a script and work out what it is doing, because I have that basic knowledge.

This enabled me to tailor some scripts, or merge them into my game.

So what I am trying to say in a long winded way, is get yourself a book, go to a night class. There are not any on modding as such, but basic programming skills would help you with modding and other use of computers.

I was taught things like flowcharting to plan how my code would work. Now some of these talented guys like xstream, Natvac, kany, etc.... I bet they don't just open a notepad file and start typing. Xstream's grenadier scripts were very complex (to me anyway) I bet he had mapped out how it would work before he started on the actual code.
EggChen

Postby jamie1992 on 08 Jan 2009 14:41

Cheers for the help guys, guess your right, will see how Switzerland goes, after that, will see what happens, fingers crossed everything goes well hey.

Bal

Yo dude, well my advice on the GF front, is put yourself out there, someone for everyone, i never thought i would get with who i am now, but amazingly i am with her, and its just amazing, if you compare me and her, shes got amazing personaility, great looks, shes intelligent, then me, not in great shape, my brain sucks, you know all the small things, but i guess, its not all about looks for some people, its whats inside, and that is pretty good feeling to know, someone loves you for who you are, instead of how you look.

As for modding, well, it takes awhile to get into motion really, persistance and trial and error are your best freinds really, read over other mod scripts, make small hacks in scripts to start off small, move your way up, go on the mod wiki, read the articles, play around with other little things you know, just to get a feel for it all.

Its not as hard as it seems, i myself started off with a simple Gulag Hack, so that it made jobs open to all NPC's of which caused more wild Alife, was quite cool. :P

Now, people say im really good at modding (not that i belive them), so yeah man, give it a go, try and do something small, make a few people, maybe learn to spawn, read up on timer scripts later on, have a go at making one, or just hack a few scripts from another mod, gotta start somewhere dude. :)
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 08 Jan 2009 16:57

As far as living together, my best advice is be patient and tolerant. You're not always going to see 'eye to eye' on everything so be flexible and open minded and you should be just fine.
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby ket on 08 Jan 2009 18:45

My advice is just dont get married :D
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 08 Jan 2009 22:32

I left home early and was single for 4 years...then I got married for
LUST, not for Love (she did too). That means that I was selfish and
She was selfish. That's how it often works out. We were married for
16 years - then divorced. I've been single for another 16 years now.
Our daughter probably helped keep us together for that long. Don't
be in too much of a hurry as it's never healthy. You guys that are
16 or 17 years old still have a LIFETIME ahead of you. Don't even
worry about having a girlfriend or not. Once you stop worrying about
it...it might just happen! I'm more happy at 53 then I was at 33...
that should tell you something. I don't regret my past actually but
knowing that it should have been better is troublesome. Don't EVER
think that (oh no!...I've lost my girlfriend and I'm going to die!).
You WILL get over it and being smarter means going through some pain. Remember this:
experience will gain you knowledge...
but PAIN will gain you wisdom...
and wisdom will gain you respect!
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 08 Jan 2009 22:43

Those are some wise words there my friend.
You should listen!
THE DEDICATED, CERTIFIED RESIDENT MADMAN
There is no such thing as innocence in the ZONE, only degrees of guilt.
CAN YOU FEEL THE TRANQUILLITY OF THE ZONE
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
We are shaped by fate, just as we shape it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
Akir man yamut malak al-mut
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 09 Jan 2009 03:49

Jamie, there is one thing I have learned the hard way. And that is that you have to be content with who YOU are, before you can have a lasting, and happy, relationship. It has to be two WHOLE people who find that together they are more then just two people. Kind of like 1+1=3. Or like you take a good guitar riff and add a good bass line, you have an awesome piece of music. More than the sum of it's parts.
Balious, love comes when you least expect it. Kind of like a Leprachan(sp). Go looking for one and you will never find one. Live life, and one day one might find you. And dumb people do not hang out on mod forums like this. I can't do scripts either, but that does not mean I can't figure them out enough to do what I want. Just keep trying and you will get it.
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 09 Jan 2009 04:00

Sorry grump, im a bit slow, but i dont fully understand what you mean.
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 09 Jan 2009 04:38

It's hard to explain. You and her, as a couple, should be better then you+her. I know, I know. WTF?? If you don't like you, how can you be happy with you+her. Bottom line, to be happy as a couple, you both should be happy with yourself. Best I can explain it.
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 09 Jan 2009 04:43

OH, so you mean, i have to be confident in myself, so to speak, thats sucky, because im a paranoid person, always thinking badly, im overcoming it slowly, very slowly, got a year and a bit to sort my paranoia out, then move on to my Violent OCD and so forth, woo fun, lol.

Btw Grump, for someone who dosent even hardly know me, your being very kind and given me alot of useful advice, i appreciate it. :)
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 09 Jan 2009 05:02

Remember, even paranoid people have enemies!! :ymdevil:
I don't need to know someone to want to help. Not that I would try to help everyone, but the people here are more then just strangers.
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 09 Jan 2009 13:06

Thanks everyone for the advice on both things.

Problem with my scripting abilities is I try to learn it but it just doesn't go in and then I give up for ages and try again some other random time and it repeats. I know scripting can be the hardest thing to do and takes a long time to understand. And also a bigger problem for me is that scripting seems to be a thing you have to learn on your own and not actually use a good guide. Any chance of a very very simple little script thing that may be easy to learn? I don't really care what it actually does as long as it helps.
Also Jamie you are a good modder and I want that god damn lost city mod :thumbright: of course I understand and just want that mod so ignore this part of my post :D

Now for all the love advice I was given. I will wait and when it happen it will happen. I feel crap though as I never had a girlfriend while both my brothers have had lots :mozilla_frown: . One of them right now is also engaged and has a baby daughter. But of course im a patient man (how patient don't ask as I don't know myself) it will happen when it will happen.

Something else that randomly sometimes happens in my mind. Wanting a zombie outbreak to happen so I can kill the zombies and take my frusation out of them and actually be able to do something useful. Of course I don't want one to happen because mostly of everyone dying and all the sadness filling up. But if one does happen then I get a chainsaw and lead a group of survivors to safety.
Balious
Senior Resident

Next

Return to Soap-Box